Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spring 2019 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,295 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

lawred2 wrote: »
    Visiting sister in North Kerry for the weekend.. hope it going to hold up.. no doubt our arrival will herald the clouds and a chill breeze

Couldn't have been more on the money.. two days of blue skies at home adding insult to injury.

Oh well. At least it didn't rain. No bad weather. Only the wrong clothes or something like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭MidMan25

acequion wrote: »
    I wouldn't. I love seasons. I love warmth from June to end of September and then I love to see autumn arriving. And then a nice crispy winter.

Generally doesn't happen in Kerry. And temps up to 30C. Dream on! Sorry to be a party pooper but we could get a right let down this summer. I'd still be planning the get aways to Spain just in case!

You really are in the wrong country if you are hoping for defined seasons. That arguably applies even more to your location in the west.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭compsys

sryanbruen wrote: »
    21.1c at Dublin Airport, new April record beating 20.5c in 1987.

Was 20.5 really the April record? Seems insanely low.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

Nice enough day in Donegal, plenty of cloud but good sunny spells and warm enough for a t-shirt. Definitely not depressing here

Decent day in Cork but gone cold now, only 9 degrees.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

MidMan25 wrote: »
    Decent day in Cork but gone cold now, only 9 degrees.

Started off overcast and misty this morning, had good sunshine this afternoon and has turned cloudy and chilly this evening. Definitely change on the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,678 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Started off overcast and misty this morning, had good sunshine this afternoon and has turned cloudy and chilly this evening. Definitely change on the way.

Cloudy all day on the coast of West cork and a cold breeze along with that. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Artane2002

Today has been the only truly pleasant day here in Dublin 5. Yesterday was decent, the sky was too milky for me to call it a great day though. It clouded up in the evening too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,836 ✭✭✭acequion

highdef wrote: »
    Eh, temperatures exceeded 30c in my bank garden last June. And that wasn't a dream either.

Your back garden isn't the whole country. And even in your back garden I doubt temps of over 30C is a regular occurrence. So anything rare, while delightful,is pretty much a dream imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,836 ✭✭✭acequion

MidMan25 wrote: »
    You really are in the wrong country if you are hoping for defined seasons. That arguably applies even more to your location in the west.

Am perfectly aware of that. But as people are expressing their weather preferences, that's exactly what I'm doing in my post.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,530 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

compsys wrote: »
    Was 20.5 really the April record? Seems insanely low.

Yep. It has reached at least 20c in April only 3 times back to 1942 {26 Apr 1987, 10 Apr 2011 & 28 Apr 1967} though now 5 counting yesterday (Saturday) and today (Sunday). Thing is that at this time of year, Dublin Airport is vulnerable to easterly winds off the relatively cold Irish Sea and it doesn't usually record high temperatures anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,906 ✭✭✭pauldry

Tomorrow might be 5

Actually ogimet has 21.7c as temperature

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭riggerman

Beautiful morning here down in West Cork after the overcast conditions yesterday. Slight breeze with blue skies.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,906 ✭✭✭pauldry

Beautiful day in Sligo but near gales blowing

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

another beautiful day, enjoy it while it lasts, back to normal service from Wednesday with cool and unsettled conditions lasting into the weekend and beyond into next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,124 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Sunny and 20.2°c in West Clare. Beautiful day, pity about the breeze!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

Warm and almost totally clear in Donegal with strong winds. I say almost clear because yet again some brainless idiots thought it'd be a good idea to set a fire on a dry windy day so there's plenty of smoke about

• Registered Users Posts: 5,937 ✭✭✭OldRio

Well at last, sunshine. Glorious but very windy.
    Leitrim.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,131 ✭✭✭pad199207

Sunny but windy in N Kildare. 21c

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

After been in hospital the last couple of day, im out to enjoy the sun, the shorts are on, the grass is cut, and the barbie is ready

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Lovely and bright in Castlebar, with a refreshing light breeze, 20.3C currently.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Most of the country looks clear atm

20.3C here near Tralee with a pale milky blue sky. Breezy again. A few mid level cumulus about earlier.

Front being kept well off the coast.

G7AyuXU.gif

p3WRjia.png

Gone very cloudy and cool here on the coast in Cork. Had to put on a jumper washing the car.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,678 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Clear blue skies and warm but a cold sea breeze on the coast in West cork here midman! Really localised cloud

• Registered Users Posts: 23,553 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Wouldn't be surprised to see some thundery pulses of rain developing later.

Wouldn't be surprised to see some thundery pulses of rain developing later.

Just had one here in East Cork

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

the breeze this afternoon certainly knocked the edge off the temperatures since this morning. Still very pleasant tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,897 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Stunning day in Galway gone cloudy now but blue sky until around 5pm

• Registered Users Posts: 48,143 ✭✭✭✭km79

Storm 10 wrote: »
    Stunning day in Galway gone cloudy now but blue sky until around 5pm

It’s been a fantastic weekend

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

Became noticeably clouded in Arklow after a gin blue morning(grass frost ,a min of 2.9) but a beautiful day none the less
    Max was an acceptable 17.8c
    Currently 17.2c
    You can see overhead the clouds moving in from the SE,which might import Welsh thunder at some point tomorrow or the next day
    For a change,I'd rather it didn't as we have a hen hatching and thunder will kill the little chicks in the eggs

Advertisement