Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Huawei P30/P30 Pro

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭WillyWonkaBar

I'm sure this has been asked a lot already but I couldn't see it in my spot checks through the thread!

Im looking to move from the original Google Pixel as the charge doesn't last and when it does charge, it only lasts a few hours. So, I'm deciding between the P30/P30 Pro or the Mate20 Pro. Specs wise they look quite similar in a lot of aspects but anyone have any reasons to go for one over the other?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭bogman

Price wise a pre owned Mate 20 pro is a goodprice at 649€. in Fonez, saying that I've a new P30 pro bought for 779€ from Three...

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭iHungry

I'm sure this has been asked a lot already but I couldn't see it in my spot checks through the thread!

Im looking to move from the original Google Pixel as the charge doesn't last and when it does charge, it only lasts a few hours. So, I'm deciding between the P30/P30 Pro or the Mate20 Pro. Specs wise they look quite similar in a lot of aspects but anyone have any reasons to go for one over the other?

I'd say if you're into photography get the P30 pro, if not you'll be happy with the Mate 20 pro.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,253 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

My case arrived. Got this one:
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Spigen-Hybrid-Huawei-Crystal-Protection-Clear/dp/B07LCYNN8S/ref=sr_1_fkmrnull_1?crid=3NNO2BZ8BEFEN&keywords=spigen+ultra+hybrid+case+for+huawei+p30+pro&qid=1554993266&s=gateway&sprefix=spigen+p30+pro+ultra%2Caps%2C287&sr=8-1-fkmrnull

They do a hard and a soft one, this is the hard. I rather the harder type because the way they fit on a phone with curves screen is more secure. I find soft cases come off if they get caught in your pocket.
    There's little gaps in the corner to provide a bit of extra cushioning. The case at the back comes out about 2mm more than the camera surround, so that's protected. It's a secure fit, tbh, I'd like to try the spigen softer case too. This is the hard one, but I reckon the softer one might offer a bit more protection from a drop. This phone is heavy and probably needs a bit more spongy protection in the corners. This is ok, and definitely better than no case, at least I can slide it onto a table and not worry about scratches, but if I'm doing an amazon shop in the future I'd probably get something different. Last spigen case I had was a tough armour one. If I dropped the phone I was confident it would be ok. With this, I'd be a bit more worried.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Got my hands on this last night, lovely phone but should really have some sort of case included it's so slippery

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭Griffinx

This was taken on a P30, hadnt know there were clouds in the sky until I saw the pic

• Registered Users Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭flangemeistro

Griffinx wrote: »
    This was taken on a P30, hadnt know there were clouds in the sky until I saw the pic

I'm no expect but the light around the windows of the building are completely blown out and it's full of noise.

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭Griffinx

I'm no expect but the light around the windows of the building are completely blown out and it's full of noise.

Yeh, not the best pic but I was impressed with the clouds

• Registered Users Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭dougm1970

i am 50-50 about getting this phone from 3
    i'd be coming from a samsung s8+
    i'm kinda in same position i was 2 years ago, in that i had no patience and couldnt wait for the phone i really wanted to get (if it was what i hoped) in the samsung note 8....but i was smitten with the new look of the s8+
    so...same now...i'm kind of smitten with the p30 pro and all these youtubes of the camera features...but i know i should hang on to see what samsung note 10 or hauwei note 30 will be like...just impatient.

my issue is i'd like to see one properly before buying...only one i seen on was in a 3 shop but its attached to the counter stand so you cant really take a couple of snaps round the shop or get a good feel of it.
    its buying a bit blind really.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭bogman

Check the viewfinder, the P30 Pro has the option to switch between Standard, Vivid and Smooth colors, mine defaulted to Vivid, photos might appear to be over processed, Standard looks realistic, must try them all out..
    Don't think HDR is normally available unless you locate it by scrolling through the modes and find it under more.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,998 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

If I buy from three does it come with the clear tpu case like you see a lot of the youtube reviewers get. I'm guessing not

If I buy from three does it come with the clear tpu case like you see a lot of the youtube reviewers get. I'm guessing not

No, it doesn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

Cienciano wrote: »
    No, it doesn't.

Mine came with it. It was from three

MarkY91 wrote: »
    Mine came with it. It was from three

I'm sending my phone back. Got nothing, I'm with 3 too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭MoodeRator

No case with mine from 3 either :(

had to buy an otterbox case for this, cant smash another phone

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭Da Optimist

had to buy an otterbox case for this, cant smash another phone

Is that the Otterbox Symmetry case for €35?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

Cienciano wrote: »
    I'm sending my phone back. Got nothing, I'm with 3 too

why?

Scruff wrote: »
    why?

Cos I didn't get a case. Sorry, it was a shít "joke".

Is that the Otterbox Symmetry case for €35?

Yeah, seems fine but no screen protector

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭lolie

What are the Sonos speakers likely to fetch on adverts or donedeal give or take?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,309 ✭✭✭ForestFire

lolie wrote: »
    What are the Sonos speakers likely to fetch on adverts or donedeal give or take?

Swap for a sony walkman?...or a pair of barely used shoes...

Wait.. Incoming cash

€15 OFFERED

One in Cork looking for €170....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭lolie

ForestFire wrote: »
    Swap for a sony walkman?...or a pair of barely used shoes...

Wait.. Incoming cash

€15 OFFERED

One in Cork looking for €170....

Swap for my adds:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Darren 83

I have the P20 pro and just bought the P30 sim free. Any idea what price is reasonable to ask for the P20?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,998 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Darren 83 wrote: »
    I have the P20 pro and just bought the P30 sim free. Any idea what price is reasonable to ask for the P20?

Just search on adverts for p20 pro and select 'sold' to see what they've recently been going for 2nd hand

Just search on adverts for p20 pro and select 'sold' to see what they've recently been going for 2nd hand

I can't see the option for sold adds, I have it at €350 and have two people watching it so see how it goes. Cex are handy but only offering €200 for it sure I can get more than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭Keith186

Darren 83 wrote: »
    I can't see the option for sold adds, I have it at €350 and have two people watching it so see how it goes. Cex are handy but only offering €200 for it sure I can get more than that.

Think it only works on browser and not the app for the sold ones.

Keith186 wrote: »
    Think it only works on browser and not the app for the sold ones.

Ah never mind just sold it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

Claim for Sonos submitted and got a text 1 minute later saying its validated.

• Advertisement

I got an email saying it'll be validated in 3 days. No sms

Advertisement