Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Huawei P30/P30 Pro

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Johnboy316

Gavin1980 wrote: »
    Did anyone get the 9.1.0.124 update, mines on .113. From my understanding it was supposed out update out of the box to .124 as this has the AOD fix and possibly the low light photo fix?

Can't seem to get a clear answer, on 3 Ireland here.

I'm with vodafone and upon set up it prompted me to download the .124 update

• Registered Users Posts: 14,238 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Did anyone get the 9.1.0.124 update, mines on .113. From my understanding it was supposed out update out of the box to .124 as this has the AOD fix and possibly the low light photo fix?

Can't seem to get a clear answer, on 3 Ireland here.
    What's the AOD fix? Tell me it's notifications on the AOD screen

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭iHungry

Still on .113 firmware on three. No update available yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭bogman

"It would appear" that the update is being rolled out to dual sim phones only at the moment, that's my reading into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭Griffinx

bogman wrote: »
    "It would appear" that the update is being rolled out to dual sim phones only at the moment, that's my reading into it.

I got my update on a carrier free single Sim P30

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Gavin1980

Cienciano wrote: »
    What's the AOD fix? Tell me it's notifications on the AOD screen

Yeah the .124 update allows third party notifications on the AOD.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭Davexirl

How is everyone finding the phone after using it over the weekend? Battery etc. I am trying to decide between getting the P30 Pro or the Mate 20 Pro.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭Da Optimist

I am put off buying it as the case selection is very poor. The otter box symmetry case appears very think and the phone would probably smash in it if dropped. Also cannot see any decent tempered glass to get.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭Keith186

Davexirl wrote: »
    How is everyone finding the phone after using it over the weekend? Battery etc. I am trying to decide between getting the P30 Pro or the Mate 20 Pro.

Very good so far.

Haven't got the update yet which is supposed to improve a few things.

Battery is brilliant as expected. On 66% after charging it up last night.

EMUI was a concern but it's actually pretty similar to OneUI like my old Samsung (in the Android menus etc) so I am fine with it. I use Nova launcher instead of the EMUI one, which wasn't as bad as some people would have you believe.

Have the pro version, it's big and slippy!
    Should have a case for it tomorrow to help improve the grip.
    Camera is really good when you get a good shot.
    Would have preferred 1440p screen but 1080p looks decent and it's better than my old 1440p one. Old one has much higher PPI but it looks tiny and dull compared to this phone. Colour accuracy looks a bit off sometimes but not it's ok.

Processor feels like it handles most things quickly but I haven't played any demanding games or processed videos.

Overall am happy with it. I was originally planning in getting an S10 but don't like the Enynos chip.
    With the Sonos one speaker deal it was a no brainer to get this instead of the Mate P20 as there wasn't a big price difference at the time.

I'd agree with most of what Keith186 said. I use nova too. EMUI is fine. Battery and camera are great. Phone is slippy as fúck, spigen case on the way too. I'll post pics.
    One slightly annoying thing is I keeping pressing things on the edge of the screen when I put it down unlocked. Reckon the case will sort that. Finger print scanner has worked first time about 95% of the time. Rest of that just required a second go. Haven't really used front camera or video. Nfc and Bluetooth icons in the notification bar is slightly annoying.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,723 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Just checked there and .124 is available on Three.

Just checked there and .24 is available on Three.

Thanks for this, just downloading now.

Just updated to .124 on Eir....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

Think I will hold out till the Mate P30 Pro. Assuming there will be one?

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Alan Smithee

Is a case included in the box with the P30 pro?

Is a case included in the box with the P30 pro?

Nope

Some difference in low light shots after the update.

Just checked, whatapp notification on the AOD, wooo!

Some difference in low light shots after the update.

Really, I can't believe how good it is I literally took it in a dark room.

Really, I can't believe how good it is I literally took it in a dark room.

Yep, I tried on Saturday and it was just a black blur. Much better today, close to what we were seeing in reviews.

• Advertisement

Yep, I tried on Saturday and it was just a black blur. Much better today, close to what we were seeing in reviews.

I got confused when you said same difference I thought it hadn't changed when you updated.

Nothing unusual about this shot you might say except that it was taken outside in the dark at 11pm in normal photo mode.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭metaxaaa

Any tips for which insurance to use?

Cienciano wrote: »
    Just checked, whatapp notification on the AOD, wooo!

How do I get my WhatsApp notifications on AOD?

I am put off buying it as the case selection is very poor. The otter box symmetry case appears very think and the phone would probably smash in it if dropped. Also cannot see any decent tempered glass to get.

I got the Otter case and it certainly is thick and heavy.. Is there another case that will provide as good protection?

Griffinx wrote: »
    How do I get my WhatsApp notifications on AOD?

Should just happen once you install the system update, have AOD on and then just have regular WhatsApp notifications on.

Keith186 wrote: »
    Should just happen once you install the system update, have AOD on and then just have regular WhatsApp notifications on.

Everything looks on and I have the update but no AOD WhatsApp notifications

Griffinx wrote: »
    Everything looks on and I have the update but no AOD WhatsApp notifications

Is AOD working for any other notifications?

I have default settings for notifications in the system for WhatsApp, basically they are all set to enabled.

If others are working but this one isn't, maybe try reinstall the app.

Separately, does anyone know how to get rid of the Optimisation notification? Keeps saying how much data I used whilst screen was locked but I don't want to know.

Tried to turn off all the notifications but they still show.

Mine just worked after the update

• Advertisement

Better news for those looking for Huawei NM memory on Amazon UK
    Huawei Universal Nano 128 GB Memory Card
    £42

Attached Bluebells today Macro wide angle,
    original file was too big so had to crop and save at a much lower resolution

Advertisement