Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Huawei P30/P30 Pro

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,226 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Some regions seem to include a clear case, I didn't get one. Onto amazon to get one. Definitely getting a clear case for this. No 3 branding at all on the startup.
    sth_safal wrote: »
    Thought I ordered Breathing Crystal but received black. I was thinking of exchanging but there is only return and ordering a new option, so won't qualify for Sonos if I return. If anyone wants it for the cost price, please let me know. You will still qualify for the free Sonos though I might have to claim it, but you can collect it off me once I receive.

I will return on Monday if no interest. :)

Bought from Three. Located in Dublin 6.

That's unfortunate because the breathing crystal looks fúcking amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭sth_safal

Cienciano wrote: »
    Some regions seem to include a clear case, I didn't get one. Onto amazon to get one. Definitely getting a clear case for this. No 3 branding at all on the startup.

That's unfortunate because the breathing crystal looks fúcking amazing.

I know. Misfortune that I made a huge mistake. The colour was a deciding factor for me. I have to return it due to this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,690 ✭✭✭MoodeRator

+1 on the crystal! But afraid to use it yet as my case will not arrive for another few days :(

I would go with hard back. I had the flex on my HTC and it offered no protection at all. Dropped phone about 2 foot and suffered my first ever cracked screen

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

i didnt see the option for the crystal one when ordering from 3.
    How do you claim the Sonos? i didnt click on the link from 3 to Huawei when i ordered yesterday....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

Scruff wrote: »
    i didnt see the option for the crystal one when ordering from 3.
    How do you claim the Sonos? i didnt click on the link from 3 to Huawei when i ordered yesterday....

They removed the Crystal one few days back as it was sold out. Even Vodafone just have black now. I got mine from Three.

Sonos have to be claimed through Huawei but you cant do it until 18th April:

https://consumer.huaweipromo.co.uk/ie/en/pages/p30preorder/home

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Lfcfan2017

Does the p30 pro have a factory fitted screen protector on?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

Has anyone tried a second sim? Is it 100% confirmed to be single SIM?

Lfcfan2017 wrote: »

How do you tell?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭sth_safal

Lfcfan2017 wrote: »

No it doesn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭lolie

MarkY91 wrote: »
    Has anyone tried a second sim? Is it 100% confirmed to be single SIM?

Didn't get to try a 2nd sim but the model number is VOG-L09 which sadly is single sim.
    https://consumer.huawei.com/en/support/phones/p30-pro/

Still in two minds as whether I'll keep it or send back.

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭Griffinx

Just got a call from carphone warehouse to say they had received my P30 :)

MoodeRator wrote: »
    I would go with hard back. I had the flex on my HTC and it offered no protection at all. Dropped phone about 2 foot and suffered my first ever cracked screen

I've ordered that one.

Zoom on the camera is pretty amazing. Obviously digital zoom, but still impressive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭bogman

Black P30 Pro ordered from 3 after 4pm yesterday, dispatched today, Breathing Crystal is back on offer with 3, ships in 15 days...
    Worthy upgrade to my S9+
    Unlocked, ill have to wait to see....

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Gavin1980

I've ordered that one.

Zoom on the camera is pretty amazing. Obviously digital zoom, but still impressive.

How do you find the zoom over 10 i'm finding the periscope zoom is quite all over the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭rosmoke

MoodeRator wrote: »
    How do you tell?

Just got my black p30.
    So it's single sim, Virgin mobile sim works, has factory protective film on screen.
    I went for flex case, had it on all my phones and never had a screen cracked or other issues.

Small review:
    Not impressed by the colour, think I should've went for a different one but I didn't like the crystal, so not many options. Feels kinda cheap material compared to my old s7 edge but it's really really fast.
    I dislike the positioning of the camera, it sticks out a lot and I'll definitely scratch it in 2 days. The ultra wide it's just amazing.

314375 points in AnTuTu after update with Performance: On.

Decent phone. Doesn't feel too big and the zoom is amazing but portrait mode on th selfie camera doesn't do anything. There is no bokeh effect at all.

I believe I read on the Hauwei site that some camera effects will be dependent on an OTA update they have planned

Gavin1980 wrote: »
    How do you find the zoom over 10 i'm finding the periscope zoom is quite all over the place.

It's wobbly, is that the image stabilization probably wouldn't use any digital zoom for actual photos tbh. I'd just use the bigger zooms for showing off to my mates.

• Advertisement

It's wobbly, is that the image stabilization probably wouldn't use any digital zoom for actual photos tbh. I'd just use the bigger zooms for showing off to my mates.

Thanks for that, Thought i was going to have an ordeal with Three again.

Anyone know if you can get rid of the NFC icon in the status bar?

Anyone know if you can get rid of the NFC icon in the status bar?

If you swipe down you can turn it off in that menu.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

Any pics of your new phones, screen grabs or pics taken with them? :)

py2006 wrote: »
    Any pics of your new phones, screen grabs or pics taken with them? :)

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=1fTxy__tT8rYMEYTItmBbjzvdb3eRAvbb

Link to photos I took of the custom House today from the ha'penny bridge. Went from wide angle, 1x 5x, 10x, 25x, 50x

Gavin1980 wrote: »
    If you swipe down you can turn it off in that menu.

I want it on though. Last phone had no icon for it in the notification bar even though its on. Problem is, its permanently on so no need for a notification. Same with Bluetooth

Great phone and all but no dual SIM is useless to me.

So I'm sending it back to Three in Monday but if anyone wants it for €780 before then, then I'm happy sell as it means I won't have to go through the refund process and you will be getting to claim the Sonos speakers.

Win win situation for anyone interested.

Can meet in Dublin 1, 2, 7, 8, 12.

Again..I'm posting it off on Monday if I get no interest.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭Da Optimist

So I'm sending it back to Three in Monday but if anyone wants it for €780 before then, then I'm happy sell as it means I won't have to go through the refund process and you will be getting to claim the Sonos speakers.

Is it unlocked

Is it unlocked

According to guys here, it is unlocked. But I personally used a three SIM so I don't have actual proof of this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭rizzee

What's the finger print sensor like?

Advertisement