Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Huawei P30/P30 Pro

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,238 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

rizzee wrote: »
    What's the finger print sensor like?

Perfect when you press hard. Not too hard, just firm.

The night mode pictures I saw may have used artistic license. I took pictures in dark room and they come out black!

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭Griffinx

Cienciano wrote: »
    The night mode pictures I saw may have used artistic license. I took pictures in dark room and they come out black!

My night mode pics were impressive even on P30, did you switch on night mode in camera app settings

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭rosmoke

The wide mode is pure ****e for 4k video when it isn't outside and sunny. I can't believe you can actually see pixels, quite similar to VGA quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

MarkY91 wrote: »
    Great phone and all but no dual SIM is useless to me.

So I'm sending it back to Three in Monday but if anyone wants it for €780 before then, then I'm happy sell as it means I won't have to go through the refund process and you will be getting to claim the Sonos speakers.

Win win situation for anyone interested.

Can meet in Dublin 1, 2, 7, 8, 12.

Again..I'm posting it off on Monday if I get no interest.

You cant get a refund for opened device if its prepay phone. 14 day cooling off applies to contract phones.

Griffinx wrote: »
    My night mode pics were impressive even on P30, did you switch on night mode in camera app settings

It's good in low light, but some of the examples had rooms inside with the light off looking bright. Suppose they defied the laws of physics

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Gavin1980

Cienciano wrote: »
    Perfect when you press hard. Not too hard, just firm.

Yeah i agree on this completely black, I think some of those features are in a future update and some countries already have the update that allows the 3rd party notifications on AOD. I'm coming from a mate 20 pro so I still don't know how I feel about this phone as I feel a lot of the features advertised aren't in it yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

dan786 wrote: »
    Great phone and all but no dual SIM is useless to me.

So I'm sending it back to Three in Monday but if anyone wants it for €780 before then, then I'm happy sell as it means I won't have to go through the refund process and you will be getting to claim the Sonos speakers.

Win win situation for anyone interested.

Can meet in Dublin 1, 2, 7, 8, 12.

Again..I'm posting it off on Monday if I get no interest.

You cant get a refund for opened device if its prepay phone. 14 day cooling off applies to contract phones.

Doesn't say anything about that on the refund form they sent with the phone.

Saying from experienc but sure goodluck with that one. Why would they accept a open phone which they cant sell as new again without any reason?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Saying from experienc but sure goodluck with that one. Why would they accept a open phone which they cant sell as new again without any reason?

You 100% can return it when it's been opened and used. I did it with a P20 pro 6 months ago...

It is a painful process, you need to constantly ring them though

Because it's the law.

• Advertisement

Because it's the law.

Law is for contracts.

Because it's the law.

Law is for contracts.

Regardless of what you think, I am entitled to a refund as I bought it online.

It feckin says so in the refund for FFS like.

Regardless of what you think, I am entitled to a refund as I bought it online.

It feckin says so in the refund for FFS like.

I hope they dont give you a refund :rolleyes:

Please stop misinforming people.
    On the delivery docket of the prepay phone it is written black on white that you can cancel the purchase of the device within 14 days. Also it doesn't make any sense what you're saying.

rosmoke wrote: »
    On the delivery docket of the prepay phone it is written black on white that you can cancel the purchase of the device within 14 days. Also it doesn't make any sense what you're saying.

Lol I was winding him up, see his posts from last few pages.

Testing out the camera today, good light but it's unbelievable good. Portrait mode is great. Very happy with it. Although the phone is physical slippy, look forward to getting the case

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭peteb2

Ive a Spigen neo hybrid case I just picked up from parcel motel. I'm not keeping the phone so if anyone is interested in it for about 15 euro whoxjt is what it cost they are welcome to it. Based in killiney .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭bogman

One of the first images taken with my Pro which arrived this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭Keith186

Can't get the phone clone app to connect to my old phone. Do you need a sim in both phones or just the pro?

Keith186 wrote: »
    Can't get the phone clone app to connect to my old phone. Do you need a sim in both phones or just the pro?

Had the same problem, I think I left both phones with no sim and I made sure I press 'connect manually' (also go to wireless and make sure it connects to the hotspot)

• Advertisement

Keith186 wrote: »

I had a sim in the pro

My WhatsApp backup on Google drive wouldn't restore. Not the end of the world, but annoying

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭Da Optimist

What protective cases are everyone using or tempered glass? I don't like the look of the latest otterbox cases, they don't look like they offer good protection.

I got a spigen but won't be delivered till Wednesday. Clear case was a priority cos of the phone color

• Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭Keith186

Had the same problem, I think I left both phones with no sim and I made sure I press 'connect manually' (also go to wireless and make sure it connects to the hotspot)

Cheers, turns out my old phone would not connect to 5Ghz hotspot even though it has it, 2.4Ghz worked OK though.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,909 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

Has anyone used a wireless charger with theirs? For some reason mine won’t charge beyond 45%.

Push notifications are hit and miss. My Psn message app shows nothing, then I log in and I have tonnes of messages. Livescore app is pretty much useless. WhatsApp seems to work sometimes

• Registered Users Posts: 28,120 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Always worth reading the small print..

14 day money back guarantee

6.10 If you are eligible to avail of the 14 day money back guarantee ("the policy"), you may only terminate the agreement by returning your device and original boxed accessories, along with your proof of purchase, within 14 days of receipt of your device ("the 14 day period").
    6.11 This policy only applies to customers who have experienced verifiable network coverage issues as confirmed by H3G. For more information, please see three.ie/coverage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭Gooser14

14 day money back guarantee

This condition is in respect of purchases made in a store including items ordered online & collected from a store. Items ordered online & delivered by courier can be returned within 14 days under EU distance selling regulations.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Gavin1980

Did anyone get the 9.1.0.124 update, mines on .113. From my understanding it was supposed out update out of the box to .124 as this has the AOD fix and possibly the low light photo fix?

Can't seem to get a clear answer, on 3 Ireland here.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,723 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Gavin1980 wrote: »
    Did anyone get the 9.1.0.124 update, mines on .113. From my understanding it was supposed out update out of the box to .124 as this has the AOD fix and possibly the low light photo fix?

Can't seem to get a clear answer, on 3 Ireland here.

Can't find anything concrete. Looked on xda, seems some people got the update straight away, others got it using the pc software.

Advertisement