Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf: HBO's Deadwood

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭Brendan WW

Who was number 5?

Desmond.

Desmond WW wrote: »
    Ok, if one of us is going to be cleared, I propose

#1 Brendan
    #2 Conor
    #3 Vernon
    #4 Mary
    #5 Desmond
    Desmond WW wrote: »
    #5 sent

Quoted for context. I know Des asked me not to go after him in his absence but I'm struggling to see why I should move my current vote if I'm honest.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Mary WW

Brendan WW wrote: »
    Well it isn't that difficult to do :pac:

Just check the post count once in a while- Bingo Bango.

I don't disagree with you (obviously) that there's a wolf in the second grouping for the Gold Rush but you're looking in the wrong direction with me is all I'm saying.

Actually, thanks for making me think a bit on this. One poster big on tagging high posters
    Ewan WW wrote: »
    I'm still suspicious of Vernon, Desmond and Brendan as I believe top pickers in both goldrushs, top poster quantities too
    I was only 4 in this afternoon's goldrush so who was top in both?
    I'm thinking the posters with the most posts suspicious so Vernon Desmond and Brendan why not?

Who as swooped in to be 4 in goldrush2 but thinks the higher numbers are a better bet

Switching my #ffa1 from Brendan to ewan

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭Tegan WW

Katie WW wrote: »
    My thoughts:

Vernon is dodge. Hence my vote on him.
    Gertie is odd, but jury is out.
    Tegan calling Frank out on suspicious post- could be my paranoia but it feels staged.
    Frank calling the village “they” instead of “us” was odd.

Other than that, nothing major.

Oh I think Conor is good. Hunch.

You think it's odd but me saying so is staged? Wtf? Also I had a look at Conor's posts after you said you think he is good and I'm not sure what you're seeing. Could you explain your thinking at least? Because right now your reads seem based on nothing.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭Gertrude WW

Quoted for context. I know Des asked me not to go after him in his absence but I'm struggling to see why I should move my current vote if I'm honest.

I’m not saying you’re right but you are logical

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭Phil WW

Right, this is based on an initial run-through of what I missed today. These aren't in any order either.

#FFA1

1. Brendan - Seemed against the idea of a vig shooting the outed SK, which worries me; it was going to be a lump on if he wasn't shot, and we would have had zero information from a lynch otherwise. I also tend to dislike when people moan AFTER something has happened. I also don't like that when Frank was compiling posts, Brendan compiled Ewans, AND then was also the one who engaged when I asked for a recap. There's a slight air of wanting to look like he's helping, without ACTUALLY helping. The multi-quote thing always throws up a flag for me when there's not an actual examination of the posts too, beyond "look at this fluff".

2. Vernon - Admits to messing up the first by not voting for #2, and then is part of the group who win but don't win, so to speak. Him and Abi were also getting names mixed up in FFAs (Abi registered a red flag by screwing up her tag on her FFA too, not putting a traditional #FFA1 but a FFA #1, which I'd imagine will make it way harder to find her FFA as the game goes on).

3. Desmond - Desmond TWICE pushed the idea that he was going out to the old picture show, and twice pushed the idea that anyone who looked his direction would be suspicious by default. Now, if he's good, I can 100% see why he'd want to let people know his thoughts. But I think there's a massive chance there too that a wolf would also push a defence like that too. Its also been said to me before that sometimes wolves will tend to over-explain their absences a bit more than villagers would.

Other names that worry me a bit are Gert (pushing the "I'm a noob" card a little but hard) and Abi, but not enough to get into that top three currently.

Not sure which way I'd vote yet though. Maybe Vernon, since his self-confessed screw up lines up very, very neatly with what looks to have happened.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Mary WW

Phil WW wrote: »
    Just on the prize thing.

If a wolf won the first, and no one won the second, are we presuming then that a wolf "won" the second time with a low number, unopposed (since if he'd be opposed, it would have gone on to the next player), right?

No, if everyone who was voting 1-5 was village then wolves can’t win the prize, that’s how the system works. Wolves winning means they had to be involved in those low number votes

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭Ewan WW

#FFA1

Brendan
    Desmond
    Vernon

I do believe one of the above is a wolf, top posters plus in top numbers of both goldrushs, it might be stupid logic by me

Right, this is based on an initial run-through of what I missed today. These aren't in any order either.

#FFA1

1. Brendan - Seemed against the idea of a vig shooting the outed SK, which worries me; it was going to be a lump on if he wasn't shot, and we would have had zero information from a lynch otherwise. I also tend to dislike when people moan AFTER something has happened. I also don't like that when Frank was compiling posts, Brendan compiled Ewans, AND then was also the one who engaged when I asked for a recap. There's a slight air of wanting to look like he's helping, without ACTUALLY helping. The multi-quote thing always throws up a flag for me when there's not an actual examination of the posts too, beyond "look at this fluff".

2. Vernon - Admits to messing up the first by not voting for #2, and then is part of the group who win but don't win, so to speak. Him and Abi were also getting names mixed up in FFAs (Abi registered a red flag by screwing up her tag on her FFA too, not putting a traditional #FFA1 but a FFA #1, which I'd imagine will make it way harder to find her FFA as the game goes on).

3. Desmond - Desmond TWICE pushed the idea that he was going out to the old picture show, and twice pushed the idea that anyone who looked his direction would be suspicious by default. Now, if he's good, I can 100% see why he'd want to let people know his thoughts. But I think there's a massive chance there too that a wolf would also push a defence like that too. Its also been said to me before that sometimes wolves will tend to over-explain their absences a bit more than villagers would.

Other names that worry me a bit are Gert (pushing the "I'm a noob" card a little but hard) and Abi, but not enough to get into that top three currently.

Not sure which way I'd vote yet though. Maybe Vernon, since his self-confessed screw up lines up very, very neatly with what looks to have happened.

:rolleyes: Another one for the 'kill all high posters'

Christ. Do people even pay attention to anything anyone else says

Mary WW wrote: »
    No, if everyone who was voting 1-5 was village then wolves can’t win the prize, that’s how the system works. Wolves winning means they had to be involved in those low number votes

Yeah, that's what I mean.

IF the wolves won twice, it means a wolf had to be in 1-5 unopposed.

I feel if I was good at math, we could also say that if there's one wolf in the top five and three who aren't, it would have to be 1-4, right? As otherwise there'd have been two unopposed people in the top five? So.…

1. Villager blocked by wolf
    2. Wolf
    3. Villager blocked by wolf
    4. Villager blocked by wolf
    5. Villager

• Advertisement

:rolleyes: Another one for the 'kill all high posters'

Christ. Do people even pay attention to anything anyone else says

I'm not saying "kill all the high posters". I didn't mention post counts at all. I'm saying reading through things today, those are the three who stand out the most to me in terms of their behaviour.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭WerewolfGM

One hour to lynch. Please ensure you cast a vote.

I'm not saying "kill all the high posters". I didn't mention post counts at all. I'm saying reading through things today, those are the three who stand out the most to me in terms of their behaviour.

But it essentially boils down to picking the most active posters on the thread.

That's ridiculous.

And btw, Ewan's fluff can't be analysed, that was my entire point of bringing up his posts.

Look at his FFA even.

Exciting, it must be more fun being the gym, sitting back and watching everyone argue knowing the truth

That's ridiculous.

And btw, Ewan's fluff can't be analysed, that was my entire point of bringing up his posts.

Look at his FFA even.

The problem is higher posters have more posts to be picked at, so easier to find fault. Guess that’s always the same and always will be. A good wolf would only be active at the unimportant times,taking themselves out of the reckoning when it matters.

The problem is higher posters have more posts to be picked at, so easier to find fault. Guess that’s always the same and always will be. A good wolf would only be active at the unimportant times,taking themselves out of the reckoning when it matters.

Are those wise words from a wolf Gerty

Are those wise words from a wolf Gerty

Vote for me and find out, my vote is on you now btw.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭Frank WW

Frank WW wrote: »
    That was the best option really. The other option was to vote 6/7/8 and hope the village really dropped the ball and poorly coordinated and the village themselves double counted. The only thing they could really do was choose 1,2,3 and 4. Nothing else made too much sense for them.
    Tegan WW wrote: »
    This post has me suspicious Frank. Why are you referring to the village as 'they' and 'them'?

The 'they' is the wolves. They (the wolves) had to pick 1-4. It was their (the wolves) best play.

That is the presumption.

We could be led on a merry dance here though, wolves covering the first four posters and leaving number 5 open - not outside the realms of possibility. Which is another nail in the Des coffin imo.

Surely, if wolves were covering the first four numbers, then number 5 would win. Which would have been Desmond. There are only four wolves, so it is not possible for the four wolves to have covered numbers 1-4 and Desmond to be a wolf.

It is possible for Desmond to be a wolf though. I just don't think he is.

Surely, if wolves were covering the first four numbers, then number 5 would win. Which would have been Desmond. There are only four wolves, so it is not possible for the four wolves to have covered numbers 1-4 and Desmond to be a wolf.

It is possible for Desmond to be a wolf though. I just don't think he is.

Sh1t, you're right. Assuming Des is telling the truth then and voted for 5 one of the first 4 would be a nailed on wolf then.

• Advertisement

That's ridiculous.

Well, sure. Welcome to the nature of this dance we do. Getting overly defensive though is a weird reaction. You know that's how early days tend to be; we pick our choices based on who we find suspicious, and in some cases, that means the people who've posted a lot.

But I dislike the fact you're now trying to shape the narrative as "He vote for high posters, derp", rather than the issues before us.

I'm not inclined to vote for you tonight anyway. I'm leaning towards Vernon currently. I'm suspicious of you and Desmond, but in a "give them another day to examine them" manner.

Well, sure. Welcome to the nature of this dance we do. Getting overly defensive though is a weird reaction. You know that's how early days tend to be; we pick our choices based on who we find suspicious, and in some cases, that means the people who've posted a lot.

But I dislike the fact you're now trying to shape the narrative as "He vote for high posters, derp", rather than the issues before us.

I'm not inclined to vote for you tonight anyway. I'm leaning towards Vernon currently. I'm suspicious of you and Desmond, but in a "give them another day to examine them" manner.

And I always rail against those who do. I hate giving the lower and mid range folks such a free ride.
    So same dance, different day I guess :pac:

Does anyone have handy the actual final 1-5s for each goldrush? I've been looking back and just want to make sure I know who were the final fives.

And I always rail against those who do. I hate giving the lower and mid range folks such a free ride.
    So same dance, different day I guess :pac:

I just rather hang people based on something, rather than an absence of something. :p

I just rather hang people based on something, rather than an absence of something. :p

Absence of something is also quite telling, imo. :D

Does anyone have handy the actual final 1-5s for each goldrush? I've been looking back and just want to make sure I know who were the final fives.

I was 4 in 2nd afternoon goldrush today

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭WerewolfGM

30 minutes to go.

Votes will not count if names and passwords do not match. Ensure you have BOTH correct.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,714 ✭✭✭Vernon WW

I see there’s loads of you jumping to vote on me for a mistake that I could have kept to myself. You can’t even be arsed to take a few moments to work out what benefit there was to a wolf saying what I did.

When I return as good, which I will, I hope that some more level headed players will hold all those players to account for what they’ve done. At least I could admit to my mistake.

If you lynch me tonight it will be 10 villagers vs 4 wolfs at the start of day 2. Think about that.

Vernon WW wrote: »
    I see there’s loads of you jumping to vote on me for a mistake that I could have kept to myself. You can’t even be arsed to take a few moments to work out what benefit there was to a wolf saying what I did.

When I return as good, which I will, I hope that some more level headed players will hold all those players to account for what they’ve done. At least I could admit to my mistake.

If you lynch me tonight it will be 10 villagers vs 4 wolfs at the start of day 2. Think about that.

So propose an alternative?

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 2,714 ✭✭✭Vernon WW

Explore more players. Same 3 names popping up in FFAs is lazy.

Advertisement