Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spring 2019 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,069 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

3 degrees at Knock at 11 in an easterly wind gusting over 30 knots = raw!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Is it just me or does it not feel that cold in Knock today?😂

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭squarecircles

ukmaxtemp.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭squarecircles

im getting a tingle of a good vibe for summer 2019 with the persistence of the azores ridging throwing itself up over the uk and ireland and connecting with the scandi high.

regardless from wednesday onwards is looking particularly pleasant ,especially so in the west,high teens, and the magic 20 on the cards.

time to fire up the barbie.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,281 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

It’s effectively a winters day here, in north Dublin. Dry but temp is 5C but there’s a biting wind.

Yeah it's horrible.

• Advertisement

im getting a tingle of a good vibe for summer 2019 with the persistence of the azores ridging throwing itself up over the uk and ireland and connecting with the scandi high.

regardless from wednesday onwards is looking particularly pleasant ,especially so in the west,high teens, and the magic 20 on the cards.

time to fire up the barbie.

Nice out west - 12 degrees on the east coast though

• Registered Users Posts: 6,142 ✭✭✭highdef

Not too bad in North Kildare. Wind is a lot lighter than yesterday so not nearly as much wind-chill. Still dry.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Artane2002

Is it just me or does it not feel that cold in Knock today?��

Posts like this are outright insulting. I won't say anything else...

Breezy and cloudy in Dublin 5.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

Artane2002 wrote: »
    Posts like this are outright insulting. I won't say anything else...

Breezy and cloudy in Dublin 5.

I must be missing something?

km79 wrote: »
    I must be missing something?

Yesterday I said I didn't think it was too cold in Dublin but most people here said they thought the weather was cold. He's making fun of what I said because Oscar Bravo mentioned that it was 3c and gusting over 30kts at Knock. I don't want this to escalate so I won't make any more comments regarding this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,113 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

One rule for some.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,045 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Not often I see weather warnings for 20 counties, and we escape in Donegal.

Hooray!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Cloudy, very breezy, dry and cold again in my area of meath today, delighted the rain has stayed away

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,725 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Cloudy, very breezy, dry and cold again in my area of meath today, delighted the rain has stayed away

not a drop of rain here either but it's been a very cold day. Currently only 6C.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,120 ✭✭✭pad199207

Dry today with not a drop of rain here, there’s actually some clear patches in the sky now. Winds have eased a bit. 7c

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

Dry here all day as well oddly enough, the front was supposedly plonked on top of us for hours but only had a few spits of rain that didn't wet the ground. Other than some light overnight rain last Sunday it's been totally dry for 10 days here now, a welcome change from this time last month!

Dry here all day as well oddly enough, the front was supposedly plonked on top of us for hours but only had a few spits of rain that didn't wet the ground. Other than some light overnight rain last Sunday it's been totally dry for 10 days here now, a welcome change from this time last month!

That sounds quite unusual for Donegal! Good to hear that you guys are getting a break.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Garden is waterlogged now in Cork City. Basically non stop since 4pm yesterday, and theres heavier to come D: Some strong gusts of wind around still and its cold enough

• Registered Users Posts: 3,828 ✭✭✭acequion

Dry in Tralee today but cold and wintry. I'd have been very happy with these temps back in February when we got ridiculous weather. Now I'd like to be turning off heat, shedding layers of clothes and getting the patio set up with spring /summer plants.

No such luck with this weather :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,548 ✭✭✭giveitholly

acequion wrote: »
    Dry in Tralee today but cold and wintry. I'd have been very happy with these temps back in February when we got ridiculous weather. Now I'd like to be turning off heat, shedding layers of clothes and getting the patio set up with spring /summer plants.

No such luck with this weather :(
    Hopefully next weekend

• Advertisement

So confirmed warm spell inland for end of this week into next weekend but disappointing 12C on coastlines

Will this crap month ever end?

Garden is waterlogged now in Cork City. Basically non stop since 4pm yesterday, and theres heavier to come D: Some strong gusts of wind around still and its cold enough

Dry and cold in Dublin all day yesterday with a wind that must have given us a real feel of about a few degrees above zero.

Horrible in other words.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,520 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

lawred2 wrote: »
    So confirmed warm spell inland for end of this week into next weekend but disappointing 12C on coastlines

That's pretty standard fare for coastlines, it's only April after all.

sryanbruen wrote: »
    That's pretty standard fare for coastlines, it's only April after all.

Not sure what your point is... Was the warm spell back in February standard fare for that time of the year?

Who cares what's considered standard fare?

Just wanted a warm weekend after about 3 weeks of cold. Yesterday was 'standard fare' for the first of January.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,520 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Not sure what your point is... Was the warm spell back in February standard fare for that time of the year?

Who cares what's standard fare?

Just wanted a warm weekend after about 3 weeks of cold. Yesterday was 'standard fare' for the first of January.

It's April, you'll rarely ever find anything "warm" on eastern coasts as the sea temperatures are (on average) at their coolest point in the year in March/April time and easterly winds are most common in April/May.

February had a southerly/southeasterly fetch so there was not as much influence from the sea.

Unnecessary passive aggressiveness there.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,142 ✭✭✭highdef

Who cares what's considered standard fare?

Even if the temperatures near the east coast are lower than other areas this weekend, if you find a sheltered spot in the sun and out of the wind it'll feel a lot warmer than a thermometer will show in the shade. The sun is quite strong as we head from mid to late April this weekend with as much solar strength/radiation as mid to late August.

sryanbruen wrote: »
    It's April, you'll rarely ever find anything "warm" on eastern coasts as the sea temperatures are (on average) at their coolest point in the year in March/April time and easterly winds are most common in April/May.

February had a southerly/southeasterly fetch so there was not as much influence from the sea.

Unnecessary passive aggressiveness there.

Passive aggressive wasn't the tone I had in my head - but funnily enough it was how I read your post. So let's not go any further down that spiral.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

small break in heavy rain in cork but looks like the heaviest is yet to come.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

froog wrote: »
    small break in heavy rain in cork but looks like the heaviest is yet to come.

Still pelting down in bishopstown currently.

Crazy stuff haha. Oh well just more excuse to stay inside and watch TV for a day :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Horrible morning here in my area of meath, heavy spells of rain in a strong wind, feeling cold to

Advertisement