Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Peter Casey to contest the European elections

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

Walsh

Thanks the extra 'e' really changes my comment, ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,904 ✭✭✭mgn

eagle eye wrote: »
    Let me get this right, he gave away half his wages while a TD and now he keeps his full wage as a MEP and that's a reason to castigate him?
    What about all the TD's and MEP's who always kept their full wage?

He was going around shouting that TDs was getting paid to much that's what i have the problem with.Surely you don't change your principles that quick if the were getting paid to much a few years ago the must be getting paid to much now.

mgn wrote:
    He was going around shouting that TDs was getting paid to much that's what i have the problem with.Surely you don't change your principles that quick if the were getting paid to much a few years ago the must be getting paid to much now.

He said TD's, can't say I ever heard him say the same about MEP's.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

So noonne rates Maria Walshe the former winner of the lovely girl contest as having a chance, yet she has all the lastest buzzwords and down with the kids policies.
    That might work with a presidential. This one is more political. I guess it's a profile building exercise by FG.

They are all entitled to do what they want with their wages. If some of them give half of their wages away, that doesn't save the taxpayers any money.

Never said the were not entitled to their wages.Its the politicians get paid to much story to get elected in the first place i have the problem with.

• Advertisement

He said TD's, can't say I ever heard him say the same about MEP's.

What's the difference

• Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭hurler32

Can't see any bet market options for Casey's performance in the EUE,
    perhaps he would be too difficult to price/assess performance wise.
    The only slightly relative market is for FG 1.5 most seats.

However, one slightly related renegade type bet I have glued into the monthly accas,
    is for uks new 'the Brexit party' @2.25. Subjective views on them are irrelevant,
    simply calculate that they perform well given the circumstances.

Assesment is very close to certainty (80% sure thing) of most seats, with 225%ROI.

I’d be very interested in seeing Casey’s odds , travellers are still causing mayhem and fear all over rural Ireland and for many he’s the only politician in the line up telling the truth about travellers antics . If he sticks to his guns on this one he will get plenty votes .

• Registered Users Posts: 67,114 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

hurler32 wrote: »
    I’d be very interested in seeing Casey’s odds , travellers are still causing mayhem and fear all over rural Ireland and for many he’s the only person telling the truth about travellers antics . If he sticks to his guns on this one he will get plenty votes .

He hasn't said anything about travellers since the presidential race and even then he stepped back from what he did say.

He has said this time in one radio interview I heard that he doesn't want to go back to that subject.

He is running on a three prong ticket by the sounds of it.

Leave the Eurozone (which effectively means leaving the EU)

Broadband

Immigration.

mgn wrote:
    What's the difference

What he said and what he didn't say, is it not obvious?

What he said and what he didn't say, is it not obvious?

Both politicians just different names.

• Advertisement

mgn wrote:
    Both politicians just different names.

So he got a different job and changed his mind? The bast**d, how dare he change his mind. Cause no other politician has ever changed their mind........

• Registered Users Posts: 20,726 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

I never believed any of them did not keep their full wages. They are taking us for fools.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Edgware

is_that_so wrote: »
    Next year at the earliest, not in a few months but he's pretty much a given here.

We could have an election at any time. If Brexit goes ahead by the middle of May Varadkar could pull the plug very soon. Does he wantto face another winter of trolleys and increasing homeless lists?

So he got a different job and changed his mind? The bast**d, how dare he change his mind. Cause no other politician has ever changed their mind........

Funny how he waited until he got elected to change his mind.

Edgware wrote: »
    We could have an election at any time. If Brexit goes ahead by the middle of May Varadkar could pull the plug very soon. Does he wantto face another winter of trolleys and increasing homeless lists?

They won't be the things which decide the election. It will be social welfare payments, particularly old age pensions, wages and taxes/charges.

If 700 people on trolleys in January leads every news bulletin, then 400 at other times of the year should at least get some mention.

mgn wrote:
    Funny how he waited until he got elected to change his mind.

Bit like Mickey D changing his mind about running a second time after getting elected.

Bit like Mickey D changing his mind about running a second time after getting elected.

Exactly why i dislike both of them.No time for cute hoors.

mgn wrote:
    Exactly why i dislike both of them.No time for cute hoors.

Can you think of any politician who doesn't behave like this? I can't.

Can you think of any politician who doesn't behave like this? I can't.

Pat Rabitte was very honest with his “Isn’t that what you do during an election?” comment.

Pat Rabitte was very honest with his “Isn’t that what you do during an election?†comment.

He waited till after he got elected to say it.

• Advertisement

He waited till after he got elected to say it.

He was answering a question posed to him after the election.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

hurler32 wrote: »
    I’d be very interested in seeing Casey’s odds , travellers are still causing mayhem and fear all over rural Ireland and for many he’s the only politician in the line up telling the truth about travellers antics . If he sticks to his guns on this one he will get plenty votes .

Too much of an unquantafiable, the travellers tarmacing services aren't an issue for the eu (they've bigger fish to worry about), so difficult to pigeonhole his plan in any wider eu-sense. As such only 'party most seats' options are available.

He may well continue to do well domestically, if he keeps saying aloud what the silent majority think.

The new uk brexit party (or whatever they call themselves) on the other hand, fill a huge vacuum combined with an ever greater protest vote, that they are the one of the most popular bets of the day across many bookies. Value even at evens odds... The bookies will even void/refund it, if a WA is in place before May23.

• Registered Users Posts: 67,114 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

He may well continue to do well domestically, if he keeps saying aloud what the silent majority think.

I doubt there is much interest in coming out of the EU in the Midlands NW constituency. Might have gotten a bit of traction in the Dublin constituency.

Have FF indicated who is standing for them? A well known Donegal based candidate and Casey's chances would be toast.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭oceanman

He may well continue to do well domestically, if he keeps saying aloud what the silent majority think
    worked for hitler

Sad when you have to edit someone's post Ocean....

• Registered Users Posts: 14,331 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Arghus wrote: »
    Sinn Fein are nowhere near ultra-Marxist.

Why do people go to all the bother of writing things like this when they clearly don't know what they mean?

SF expect their TDs to only take the average wage. This is a central theme of Marxism that the unskilled labourer should earn the same as a neurosurgeon.

It's no coincidence that IRA members are addressed as comrade

They want to throw magic money into the heath system yet cannot see the irony that their taxation policies towards anyone earning money means they want to punish highly paid hospital consultants that are bait needed to relieve waiting lists.

But if there is a single indicator of ultra Marxism then the comparison should be with how their leaders are elected.
    North Korea is ultra Marxist and both the current SF leaders have been elected after contending with as many candidates as Kim.
    Let's not forget also that Gerry's reign outlived Kim's predecessors...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,222 ✭✭✭robman60

Can't see any bet market options for Casey's performance in the EUE,
    perhaps he would be too difficult to price/assess performance wise.
    The only slightly relative market is for FG 1.5 most seats.

However, one slightly related renegade type bet I have glued into the monthly accas,
    is for uks new 'the Brexit party' @2.25. Subjective views on them are irrelevant,
    simply calculate that they perform well given the circumstances.

Assesment is very close to certainty (80% sure thing) of most seats, with 225%ROI.

Where are you pulling those Brexit party figures from?

Casey is 4/7 on paddy power. I was hoping he would be closer to evens tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

robman60 wrote: »
    Where are you pulling those Brexit party figures from?

Casey is 4/7 on paddy power. I was hoping he would be closer to evens tbh.

Straight from live prices, 2.25 still available as a pp brexit special. In terms of frequency patterns, comes from trending, likely based on affilate clickthrough action on a main pricing site.

Their only singular competitor to this (EE) would be their Labour, best to wait for offset 2.5+.

Regarding Casey the only drill down market can see is 'to win a seat at the EE', 15.0. a big number, but too volatile as yet, to see if it has any legs.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,499 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Casey in European Parliament will be gold, my only criticism is I can't vote for him based on where I live.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,889 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

Casey in European Parliament will be gold, my only criticism is I can't vote for him based on where I live.

Eh, why exactly?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement