Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Conor Mcgregor arrested again

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭RWCNT

El_Bee wrote: »
    I'd be mortified if I was soundly beaten like Mcgregor was in his last two fights, not piping up like he won them. You can argue his two biggest win, a lucky punch against Aldo, and a win over a journeyman Eddie Alvarez, weren't exactly impressive either, crazy where he gets this unwarranted self importance.

In fairness, they were against possibley the greatest mixed martial artist and boxer on the planet/of all time respectively. And McGregor isn't even a boxer.

You can argue that, sure, and anybody that knows the first thing about the sport will tell you that you're wrong.

The lucky punch that he anticipated throwing and specifically said he would in interviews leading up to the fight. The lucky punch he was seen practising on the pads backstage right before the fight. The lucky punch that he saw an opening for, aimed, fired and connected perfectly with. On a guy who hadnt been beat in like a decade. Right, lucky punch, whatever you say.

Eddie Alvarez a journeyman? He was the sitting world champion with a record of 28-4 at the time, on a 3 fight winning streak of top contenders and had just KO'd Rafael Dos Anjos who was looking like a monster in his previous few fights.

You have to be insanely biased to argue either of those points.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

I thought that tweet was fairly funny to be honest.

One of the replies was even better. “Well Conor, your missus is a doormat”

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭Trump Is Right

RWCNT wrote: »
    In fairness, they were against possibley the greatest mixed martial artist and boxer on the planet/of all time respectively. And McGregor isn't even a boxer.

You can argue that, sure, and anybody that knows the first thing about the sport will tell you that you're wrong.

The lucky punch that he anticipated throwing and specifically said he would in interviews leading up to the fight. The lucky punch he was seen practising on the pads backstage right before the fight. The lucky punch that he saw an opening for, aimed, fired and connected perfectly with. On a guy who hadnt been beat in like a decade. Right, lucky punch, whatever you say.

Eddie Alvarez a journeyman? He was the sitting world champion with a record of 28-4 at the time, on a 3 fight winning streak of top contenders and had just KO'd Rafael Dos Anjos who was looking like a monster in his previous few fights.

You have to be insanely biased to argue either of those points.

Whatever achievements he had, he ruined most of it by fighting Diaz... Nate is bang average, and Conor struggled badly against him in both fights!

The weight gain for those fights was also foolish. McGregor is a world class 145 lb fighter... nothing else. He's not a great lightweight and he's certainly nothing higher! His ego got the better of him, and he thought he could beat anyone. He can't... he's just a little guy with a hard punch. (for MMA that is)

And the Mayweather fight was humiliating in sporting terms. He gassed out early against a pensioner!! Floyd hardly broke a sweat. If you don't have the fitness to last 12 rounds, you have no business getting into a ring. Period. Against anyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭willowthewisp

Would have expected a bit of traffic on here this evening.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭pleas advice

Would have expected a bit of traffic on here this evening.

off to check reddit so...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭redarmy

khabib nurmagomedov

Verified account

@TeamKhabib
    Following Following @TeamKhabib
    More
    Rapist, you are Rapist.
    You are a hypocrite who is not responsible for your actions. Justice will find you.
    We will see.
    @TheNotoriousMMA

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

It should be noted that it was likely Khabib's manager Ali Abdelaziz who tweeted that. He does that with a lot of the fighters he manages. Brutal still all the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭lbc2019

He insults Kabibs wife- called her a towel, she would probably have him tapping out too.

I thought that tweet was fairly funny to be honest.

Really??? Ok...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,028 ✭✭✭Dick phelan

Khabib is a dirty scumbag as well, right in with the disgusting islamist checnya mob. Both himself and McGregor are low lifes they belong in cages but not ones in the UFC if you catch my drift.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭willowthewisp

At this point the silence in the mainstream media is absolutely deafening.
    If this wasn’t something they have been warned oof/cant report on then there is no way it wouldn’t be headline news. Twitter is the only place you can find it, and not even showing as trending.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,353 ✭✭✭1800_Ladladlad

Conor is a tool. He's being blasted for using a "racist slur", Islam is not a race nor is any other religion. A comment made in bad taste which was disrespectful but thats not new from this degenerate 'rent-a-lad'. Khabibs response was nice.

lbc2019 wrote: »
    Really??? Ok...

it was though, in fairness

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭pumpkin4life

xtal191 wrote: »
    Heres the deleted tweet

474ccff25ca4eaef9834de8756cd74ca.jpg

3081971025.jpg

it was though, in fairness

I honestly don't find it funny, would this be lad banter???

Khabib was talking about McGregor 'retiring',

“I don’t think he’s finished,” Nurmagomedov said. He added, “Conor acts like a jealous wife who says ‘I will leave’ all the time but then comes back.”

McGregor hits back with 'your wife is a towel, mate', its a solid response

Khabib was talking about McGregor 'retiring',

“I don’t think he’s finished,” Nurmagomedov said. He added, “Conor acts like a jealous wife who says ‘I will leave’ all the time but then comes back.”

McGregor hits back with 'your wife is a towel, mate', its a solid response

With a picture of their wedding photo. Classy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

I thought it was funny too. Context is everything. Khabib and his crew are pretty hard line Islamic. Its a jibe at a religion with many backwards traditions. The covering and oppression of women from the hardliners being an example.

The covered wife looks silly in 2019

• Registered Users Posts: 3,195 ✭✭✭TomSweeney

xtal191 wrote: »
    Heres the deleted tweet

474ccff25ca4eaef9834de8756cd74ca.jpg

Hilarious!
    And of course , the "liberals" are more upset over the joke, then his wife being forced to wear a sack on her wedding day.

• Advertisement

comment from Dana White:

QsbbVOj.jpg?1

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

I f*ckin hate Conor MCGregor. He’s such a smug pr*ck.

GOAT

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Noveight

You can already tell he’s going to be a raving, has-been mouthpiece once he hits his 40’s.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Tangatagamadda Chaddabinga Bonga Bungo

TomSweeney wrote: »

Don't think Dagestan is an overly litigious place. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 37,854 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

McGregor and Khabib are laughing at all the idiots fighting over them. They'll end up making more money in a rematch. This is all staged and anybody who believes it's not is a fool.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Tangatagamadda Chaddabinga Bonga Bungo

eagle eye wrote: »
    McGregor and Khabib are laughing at all the idiots fighting over them. They'll end up making more money in a rematch. This is all staged and anybody who believes it's not is a fool.

Mur mur mur mur mur. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭volono

Really can't stand conor, any word on the d.p.p. going ahead with a prosecution?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

It doesn't matter what colour race or religion you are a towel covering your other halves head in a wedding photo is a bit funny

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement