Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Conor Mcgregor arrested again

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭pleas advice

eagle eye wrote: »
    It's not really funny anymore and I doubt anybody is going to bite either.

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭RCK1

Acually it’s liam and he’s not even Irish he’s northern Irish.

Liam? Excuse my ignorance

Seems to be pretty obvious that this story has been released by some powers that be in response to McGregors retirement.

Also it seems that McGregors team have some pretty big analytics team battling to keep the story off the top trends on Twitter, google etc.

It’s actually quite a fascinating PR battle. I’m just curious as to what the end game is going to be here.

I’d say Leo is glad he didn’t engage with him in Chicago anyway.

Leo may have some inside briefings on the legal trajectory. Best to keep a wide berth and avoid the stink and that's certainly what he did.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,745 ✭✭✭893bet

Brian o ****ing Driscoll more famous!

****ing lolled hard.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Tangatagamadda Chaddabinga Bonga Bungo

Seems to be pretty obvious that this story has been released by some powers that be in response to McGregors retirement.

Also it seems that McGregors team have some pretty big analytics team battling to keep the story off the top trends on Twitter, google etc.

It’s actually quite a fascinating PR battle. I’m just curious as to what the end game is going to be here.

I’d say Leo is glad he didn’t engage with him in Chicago anyway.

Well if me and the dogs on the street knew about the story I'm sure it had managed to get to Leo. And he's too politically savvy to go near anything to do with it.

• Advertisement

picsart_03-12-04-35-17-jpg.554259

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭pleas advice

RCK1 wrote: »
    Liam? Excuse my ignorance

Maybe he got him confused with Rory, (Gallagher)

but shur I wouldn't know, he's from Donegal

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Macdarack

batman_oh wrote: »
    It's stupid to say he's not ridiculously famous
    But it's not begrudging to say he's a knacker a$$hole

I think he acts like a knacker and is an awful roll model. He's an embarrassment to our small nation.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,282 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

It's not really funny anymore and I doubt anybody is going to bite either.

Team Mac tapper haha

• Registered Users Posts: 37,517 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

If you are trying to suggest I'm a huge McGregor fan you are wrong.
    The McTapper thing is something I'd expect to hear from a 12-15 year old.
    And it's old now.

• Advertisement

And it's old now.

No it’s not. It’s only getting started. It’s huge over stateside

Someone on here thought I’d made up the nickname. I sent them to google to show it’s a huge thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭RWCNT

My god the McTapper stuff is cringe. Everyone in MMA gets submitted, if not in the cage itself then hundreds of times in the gym. If any of the people spouting it ever set foot in a BJJ gym I can guarantee they'd be tapping. Likely dozens of times in the space of a few minutes.

That's nothing to do with being a Mcgregor fanboy either as I'm certainly not, its just akin to seeing a physically incompetent fat slob in the pub calling an elite level footballer a useless prick.

RWCNT wrote: »
    My god the McTapper stuff is cringe. Everyone in MMA gets submitted, if not in the cage itself then hundreds of times in the gym. If any of the people spouting it ever set foot in a BJJ gym I can guarantee they'd be tapping. Likely dozens of times in the space of a few minutes.

That's nothing to do with being a Mcgregor fanboy either as I'm certainly not, its just akin to seeing a physically incompetent fat slob in the pub calling an elite level footballer a useless prick.

I think as well it’s an insult to him as tapping is slang for begging in dear ol dublin town

• Registered Users Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭RWCNT

I think as well it’s an insult to him as tapping is slang for begging in dear ol dublin town

Never heard that one! Tapping to me means riding. "Tapping up any nice girls round the town recently?" etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Never heard that one! Tapping to me means riding. "Tapping up any nice girls round the town recently?" etc.

That’s an Americanism. “I’d tap that” etc

In Ireland/U.K. you’d tap someone up for a loan.

McGregor would have made a fantastic Morse code telegraph operator back in the day as he tapped out quicker than anybody else.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Effects

No it’s not.

McTapper nickname is three years old at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

Works on many levels!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭Pauliedragon

it's very hard to compare fame levels from now to 15-20 year ago. Social media has changed all that. How many "famous" people of today would be nobodies without intragram, facebook etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,461 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Just a tidbit, the Mayweather vs McGregor fight was the 2nd biggest PPV in history.

• Advertisement

The Nal wrote: »
    Just a tidbit, the Mayweather vs McGregor fight was the 2nd biggest PPV in history.

He's well known. we get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

What a waste of money that must have been. I’ve seen more entertaining fights outside Supermacs in Eyre Square.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,316 ✭✭✭Tilikum17

It just shows you what a farce boxing has become.

I never watch it nowadays. Love watching YouTube vids of old fights/watching a young Tyson.

What a waste of money that must have been. I’ve seen more entertaining fights outside Supermacs in Eyre Square.

I feel sorry for the idiots that bought into that farce.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,316 ✭✭✭Tilikum17

glasso wrote: »
    I feel sorry for the idiots that bought into that farce.

They deserve it. Handing over money for that ****e.

Tilikum17 wrote: »
    They deserve it. Handing over money for that ****e.

Nevermind the McMuppetts who actually went all the way to Vegas for it lol

• Registered Users Posts: 12,461 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Tilikum17 wrote: »
    It just shows you what a farce boxing has become.

I never watch it nowadays. Love watching YouTube vids of old fights/watching a young Tyson.

A farce of a fight sure but boxing is relatively healthy now. Some really great fighters out there and the last few years have given us some amazing fights.

Yeah there really is nothing worse than those olé olér McGregor fanboys.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

For me the cringiest thing was people driving around on the day of the fight with our national flag hanging from their cars.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,046 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

And it's old now.

McTapper was never funny. It's always been stupid. However, it's slightly less shít than McNuggets. El Tappo was actually pretty good given he was doing the whole El Chappo thing at the time. It gave me a laugh at the time. Why any one would use McTapper instead of El Tappo I will never know.

• Advertisement

sabat wrote: »
    For me the cringiest thing was people driving around on the day of the fight with our national flag hanging from their cars.

Are you serious? Thankfully didn't see that.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement