Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Conor Mcgregor arrested again

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,282 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

upinsmoke wrote: »
    I just don't think you realize or ever will how big McGregor is. Leave the sports element out if for a minute. He is a global celebrity, like an actor, musician. Best is a huge name don't get me wrong but never had the draw McGregor has.

Best played in front of huge crowds for pushing on for 15-20 years weekly.

McG would find it hard to sell out Croke park twice. I admit he would probably fill it once.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Bang out of order that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭King of Kings

Effects wrote: »
    Well if they named one after this ....

No hope for you though....You're a bit of a dick with that pic..

lbc2019 wrote: »
    Will Conor McGregor have an airport named after him? Doubtful

He’ll be lucky to have the airport jacks named after him the way it’s going!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭upinsmoke

McG would find it hard to sell out Croke park twice. I admit he would probably fill it once.

Why do you keep just banging on about Ireland?:confused::confused:

5th well know athlete in the WORLD McGregor is including NFL, Basketball, American Football in those stats.

Best wouldnt even be top 20 at the peak of his career

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

Have some class and remove that pic. FFS

• Registered Users Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

Horrible and tacky use of the picture.

upinsmoke wrote: »
    Why do you keep just banging on about Ireland?:confused::confused:

5th well know athlete in the WORLD McGregor is including NFL, Basketball, American Football in those stats.

Best wouldnt even be top 20 at the peak of his career

I’m sorry but you appear completely ignorant about how famous the Man Utd team in general, and George Best in particular were at their peak

Busby and others had survived the Munich aircrash and managed to resurrect the club to win the European cup along with one of the most gifted footballers ever.

It was and remains one of the defining myths of professional sport not just soccer.

Mctapper is a nobody in comparison

And you know what will prove it. Let’s see who cares about him in ten years time!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

I’ve had ppl from China stop me in Dublin city centre and ask where is the statue to him and have had to explain its in Belfast not Dublin

o5ECfhL.gif

Like even the likes of hulk hogan. Nobody give a scuttery sh1te about him nowadays. And he was THE main man of wrestling

• Advertisement

I remember ppl honestly thought wwf was going to overtake gaa and rugby in this country. They genuinely feared that. Ppl would laugh at that now

My god you talk some sh*t. Or talk to people who talk some sh*t.

Nobody would compare WWF with GAA.

Rugby wasn't popular in the early 90's.

Nobody feared that.

I’m sorry but you appear completely ignorant about how famous the Man Utd team in general, and George Best in particular were at their peak

Busby and others had survived the Munich aircrash and managed to resurrect the club to win the European cup along with one of the most gifted footballers ever.

It was and remains one of the defining myths of professional sport not just soccer.

Mctapper is a nobody in comparison

Best and all the other Man U players could have probably walked down the street in New York or Tokyo at the time without people recognising them.

Their fame was largely restricted to Europe. Football wasn't even a global game back then. It had penetrated the popular conciousness of Europe and Latin America, but that's about it.

Not taking anything away from Best's talent, and not to exalt McGregor and his behavior - but their relative levels of global fame are completely different.

Loads of Irish have no interest in McG or the mma. The fanboys need to accept this

Do you realise that this has precisely zero to do with the point you're trying to make. Jesus. Lots of people have no interest in MMA, UFC or McGregor that's right... He's still well known. Still famous. His stupid ''retirement'' tweet made Sky News that morning. I've no interest in the Royal Family or the House of Windsor but I know who Prince Harry is. Don't have to be a fanboy to know him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Like even the likes of hulk hogan. Nobody give a scuttery sh1te about him nowadays. And he was THE main man of wrestling

Nobody giving a crap about him, doesn't mean people still don't know who he is.

Hulk is 65 for christ sake, do you expect him to still be wrestling?

Most people don't care what Mike Tyson or Pele are up to these days either, but that doesn't diminish their achievements or change the fact that they're famous.

Kirk Douglas is 102, I suppose you think he's a nobody as well because he's not headling movies anymore?

I honestly don't know what points you're even trying to make, the goalposts are being moved all over the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭xckjoo

Omackeral wrote: »
    Crazy how many unique events happen to one poster that just so happen to backup the point they are trying to make. Everyone has strong opinions on MMA as a sport but don't know who McGregor is. Sure wasn't 1960s China nicknamed "Red China" cause they were all such mad Man U heads? I think Mao had a signed George Best poster on his bedroom wall.

Look at his PPV Box office records. Then look in the mirror. Then look in a dictionary and looks up the words ignorant and obtuse. Then look back in the mirror.

Everyone still knows Hulk Hogan. He transcended wrestling.

jesus christ

theres an entire thread where you cannot even breathe a word about this guys indiscretions

why dont the dickmeasuring contests go there so that we can definitively note what a scrotebag he is here unbothered

Yeah and you go anywhere outside of the UK and Ireland with a picture of George Best and one of Hulk Hogan and ask them to name them, chances are they'll be able to name Hogan.

Look at his PPV Box office records. Then look in the mirror. Then look in a dictionary and looks up the words ignorant and obtuse. Then look back in the mirror.

• Advertisement

jesus christ

theres an entire thread where you cannot even breathe a word about this guys indiscretions

why dont the dickmeasuring contests go there so that we can definitively note what a scrotebag he is here unbothered

McGregor is a dirt bird. A scoundrel. A scrote. A famous one though, which is the topic.

I would almost guarantee that if mcg had an event in croke Park he’d sell out one night maybe then the following night they’d be papering the town with freebies as his fan base wouldn’t cover 2 nights there.

Of course this is all dependent on the ticket price which would probably be exhorbitant

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭El_Bee

Why was he allowed to travel to the states if he was being investigated for rape?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,461 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

When Best was McGregors age he was playing for Fulham in the 2nd division, the LA Aztecs and Cork Celtic, who both had an average attendance of a few thousand.

Love Bestie but for fcuks sake lads.

The Irish attitude to anything new that we don't understand (eg MMA) is staggering and sad. Very Catholic. Anti progressive stuff.

El_Bee wrote: »
    Why was he allowed to travel to the states if he was being investigated for rape?

The DPP haven't moved on him as of yet.

This is ridiculous argument.
    Posters seem to be confusing famous & popular.
    Of course McGregor is the most famous Irish man at the moment. The World is different now, it's much smaller, the internet means information reaches many more people then say information over 20 years ago.
    McGregor, imo, is a scumbag, he is also the most famous Irish man at the moment.
    I have been to over 26 countries in the past 18 months, whenever someone asked me where I was from, everyone answered with his name. He is known everywhere.
    That doesn't mean he is liked everywhere, it doesn't even mean that people like or watch ww whatever it is. But it does mean that he is extremely well known world wide.

I would almost guarantee that if mcg had an event in croke Park he’d sell out one night maybe then the following night they’d be papering the town with freebies as his fan base wouldn’t cover 2 nights there.

Of course this is all dependent on the ticket price which would probably be exhorbitant

Your guarantees, as watertight as they are, mean precisely f*ck all. As I said, look at his multiple box office records for PPV. Khabib and Mayweather did unreal business. 2.4 million buys for the Khabib fight (in the US alone) and I think one of the top ever for the Floyd match, even if it was a circus. The numbers don't lie, he draws big and a massive part of that is his fame/infamy

bubblypop wrote: »
    This is ridiculous argument.
    Posters seem to be confusing famous & popular.
    Of course McGregor is the most famous Irish man at the moment. The World is different now, it's much smaller, the internet means information reaches many more people then say information over 20 years ago.
    McGregor, imo, is a scumbag, he is also the most famous Irish man at the moment.
    I have been to over 26 countries in the past 18 months, whenever someone asked me where I was from, everyone answered with his name. He is known everywhere.
    That doesn't mean he is liked everywhere, it doesn't even mean that people like or watch ww whatever it is. But it does mean that he is extremely well known world wide.

Surely Bono is the most famous Irish man at the moment in the world. If we are talking any Irish person not just sports ppl?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,390 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Would Conoe McGregor ever go and feck off for twenty years. :)

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Advertisement

Surely Bono is the most famous Irish man at the moment in the world. If we are talking any Irish person not just sports ppl?

Nah, a penguin on the Ross Ice Shelf in Antarctica told me George Best is.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement