Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mexico Vs Ulster ultimate epic super build up thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,199 ✭✭✭troyzer

lbc2019 wrote: »
    Are?

Is. Leinster the province.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

lbc2019 wrote: »
    Are?

r1aq8j.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭stl.ire

Excited for the 70th minute when, in a 1 point game, Jack McGrath receives a pass on Leinster’s 22, turns, runs under his own posts and touches down. In the confusion McGrath tears his blue jersey off Hulk Hogan style to reveal a white Ulster one. Ref Wayne Barnes allows it and with 16 men versus 14 Ulster run in a few more tries and coast to the semis.

... Also at full time the mysterious masked player who solved Ulster’s injury crisis at 13 reveals himself to be an un-retired Brian O’Driscoll. He apologies profusely for all his past Ulster negativity, encourages more player movement north and hails Rory Best as the greatest Irish captain of all time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

stl.ire wrote: »
    Excited for the 70th minute when, in a 1 point game, Jack McGrath receives a pass on Leinster’s 22, turns, runs under his own posts and touches down. In the confusion McGrath tears his blue jersey off Hulk Hogan style to reveal a white Ulster one. Ref Wayne Barnes allows it and with 16 men versus 14 Ulster run in a few more tries and coast to the semis.

... Also at full time the mysterious masked player who solved Ulster’s injury crisis at 13 reveals himself to be an un-retired Brian O’Driscoll. He apologies profusely for all his past Ulster negativity, encourages more player movement north and hails Rory Best as the greatest Irish captain of all time.

tenor.gif?itemid=8748037

• Registered Users Posts: 12,774 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

awec wrote: »
    Dwayne Peel was asked about Henderson and Moore.

Henderson being looked at day-by-day, Moore following RTP. Sounded more hopeful on Moore than Henderson.

I would imagine if Henderson is even only partially fit he'll be played, once he looks able for ~60 mins work, he's just too vital.

Another case like Ferris in the 2012 final that was never played.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,748 ✭✭✭✭bilston

mfceiling wrote: »
    Another case like Ferris in the 2012 final that was never played.

They also taped Ferris up for the Q/F that year and he put in a performance for the ages!

I agree though without Hendy we are done.

Discussing on the Ulster thread what our backline might look like.

No mention of Cave or Marshall in the update either. If neither are fit I think we are looking at sticking Jacob to 13.

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭Some Yoke

Shocked Darren Cave is only 31, feels like he has been around forever

Some Yoke wrote: »
    Shocked Darren Cave is only 31, feels like he has been around forever

He even AGES slow

ouch

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭Some Yoke

They say he uses anti ageing cream designed for faces that don't fit

• Registered Users Posts: 11,137 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

I presume that Awec has gone all Donald Trump changing the thread title.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Burkie1203 wrote: »
    I presume that Awec has gone all Donald Trump changing the thread title.

The problem is the “convoy” is coming from the other direction this time......

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭thegreycity

molloyjh wrote: »
    The problem is the “convoy” is coming from the other direction this time......

Well the Mexicans definitely are crossing the border and taking all the jobs.

I thought he was referring to spring break, where all the Gringos go south of the border to get f@*ked up.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,605 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Is awec building a wall?

Is awec building a wall?

More like a Bunker

• Registered Users Posts: 24,176 ✭✭✭✭Buer

It's about time there was a Pass The Torch game. The last one was 10 years ago...

I think you'll find Ulster winning in Thomond to become Ireland's third best province was only 7 years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Buer wrote: »
    I think you'll find Ulster winning in Thomond to become Ireland's third best province was only 7 years ago.

Hello darkness my old friend...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Quick hint for our Northern friends who are coming to Dublin.....the clampers in the area around Aviva Stadium are awful, last time I seen rows and rows of cars from North all clamped.....

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    Quick hint for our Northern friends who are coming to Dublin.....the clampers in the area around Aviva Stadium are awful, last time I seen rows and rows of cars from North all clamped.....

And none of them were illegally parked! Feckin Sinners everywhere!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭Sinbad_NI

Buer wrote: »

Second best team, third best province if my memory serves new right. Got to love Thornley.

Good to see we've kicked on so well since then!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 53,372 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Was it Thornley who said Ulster beating Munster in 2012 would be bad for Irish rugby?

Was it Thornley who said Ulster beating Munster in 2012 would be bad for Irish rugby?

F*rrelly said that.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Mexico?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,284 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

F*rrelly said that.

Conor George would have blamed Leinster

Mexico?

South of the Border, down Mexico way...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

Jeeesus I had totally forgotten about that. Criiinge. As noted above, it was Hugh Farrelly in the Indo.

But an Ulster win this weekend would definitely be bad for Irish rugby.

• Administrators Posts: 53,372 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Mexico?

It is a reference to the days before Michael Cheika, when Leinster-of-old (contrary to the popular belief in Mexico, rugby was not invented in 2009) used to take the field to the sound of the mexican hat dance, and do the dance itself as a sort of Leinster version of a pre-match haka, before being resoundly beaten by the opposition.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,326 ✭✭✭Paul Smeenus

It is a reference to the days before Michael Cheika, when Leinster-of-old (contrary to the popular belief in Mexico, rugby was not invented in 2009) used to take the field to the sound of the mexican hat dance, and do the dance itself as a sort of Leinster version of a pre-match haka, before being resoundly beaten by the opposition.

Los Ladyboys

For reals?!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

Good times. Before we sold out and it all became about "results" and "trophies".

I think that's why we have a soft spot for Ulster. They're obviously not bothered about having good players or winning stuff and maybe we see something of our younger selves in that.

Advertisement