Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment April Intake (2019)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Keelster97

dardis91 wrote: »
    You get the offer yourself? I was only down in templemore last Tuesday repeating my physical buzzing!!

If you don't mind me asking when did you have your first crack off the physical? I did mine on the 8th of February but I failed the beep test been training mad for it and I feel I can pass it comfortably now but the waiting is killing me.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 dardis91

Keelster97 wrote: »
    If you don't mind me asking when did you have your first crack off the physical? I did mine on the 8th of February but I failed the beep test been training mad for it and I feel I can pass it comfortably now but the waiting is killing me.

Hey, no problem atal, my first physical date was the 16th of September 2017 and obviously waiting so long for vetting I had to re-do it again in which was the 12th of March 2019. What campaign are you in? Usually the repeat is up to 3/8 weeks so they said when I was up a few weeks ago?

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Keelster97

dardis91 wrote: »
    Hey, no problem atal, my first physical date was the 16th of September 2017 and obviously waiting so long for vetting I had to re-do it again in which was the 12th of March 2019. What campaign are you in? Usually the repeat is up to 3/8 weeks so they said when I was up a few weeks ago?
    Cheers I'm part of the 2018 campaign.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 SimonDublin

Keelster97 wrote: »

hi keelster97, can i ask what level you needed to achieve and what did you get on the first go? also what training you did to improve? you can pm if you like, im in the same boat, would like see whats good advice. seeing you feel confident now.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Gadaves

Hey does anybody know if the April intake is full, I've my medical on Wednesday is there any chance I could get an offer?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 203 ✭✭bottar1

Gadaves wrote: »
    Hey does anybody know if the April intake is full, I've my medical on Wednesday is there any chance I could get an offer?

Very unlikely it's full. Many accounts of people saying that they are struggling to fill April intake, and people only got offers for the second induction week recently. I would say there is still spots left and that's why there are so many medicals and PCT's going on near to the intake.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭RabbitHeart18

Gadaves wrote: »

I would say there is a chance, not many people posted about receiving offers on fri. It will come down to who has the vetting squared away I'd say!

• Registered Users Posts: 29 LukeCoyler

Hey everyone, June 2018 campaign here. Medical and physical passed over the last couple weeks, just waiting for vetting but I've lived in Australia for a year and have Aunts/Uncles in England and Australia. Praying for July but nervous from reading some vetting horror stories on here..
    Has anyone lived abroad but vetting still went through fairly quickly?

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Hot_Fuzz

LukeCoyler wrote: »
    Hey everyone, June 2018 campaign here. Medical and physical passed over the last couple weeks, just waiting for vetting but I've lived in Australia for a year and have Aunts/Uncles in England and Australia. Praying for July but nervous from reading some vetting horror stories on here..
    Has anyone lived abroad but vetting still went through fairly quickly?

Hey! Same campaign, pct and medical done in the last couple of weeks and vetting all back before my medical was done (relatives in US and UK and lived in US also).. they did it pretty fast in fairness so just waiting on the sign off now!

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Mmk123

Hot_Fuzz wrote: »
    Hey! Same campaign, pct and medical done in the last couple of weeks and vetting all back before my medical was done (relatives in US and UK and lived in US also).. they did it pretty fast in fairness so just waiting on the sign off now!

How did you find out your vetting was back? I lived away also so was worried about this.

• Advertisement

Mmk123 wrote: »
    How did you find out your vetting was back? I lived away also so was worried about this.

Emailed them just asking where I was on the aul process and at the time they said everything was back and I just had the medical to do which is now thankfully done! They’re sound there like seem happy to help

• Registered Users Posts: 32 NYB

It's very hard to read how so many from 2018 are getting offers. I am from 2017 all done and waiting on sign off since xmas. Oom 200s. My head is in mush waiting. Will there be offers out today?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Waterboy2828

I've emailed hrm and they replied saying there is only one strand of vetting left in my application. Anyone know what this means? As in is there a criteria of different strands in vetting?

I've emailed hrm and they replied saying there is only one strand of vetting left in my application. Anyone know what this means? As in is there a criteria of different strands in vetting?

Could be national, international or local vetting of yourself or one of your relatives holding you up

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Red59

Would it be safe to say if I didn’t receive an offer yet this week Il be waiting til July ? ..did my medical on the 14th of March

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭FIVE.0

Red59 wrote: »
    Would it be safe to say if I didn’t receive an offer yet this week Il be waiting til July ? ..did my medical on the 14th of March

There was defo offers out days before the last intake. Sit tight yet, you might get one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 faithlouise13

Hi, where are you in the process. Have you had an offer? Whats your OOM. Pints or Spirits?
    Cheers
    J

I have gotten an offer for April 2019!

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Catepillar1994

My current employer keeps hounding me about not knowing. They are make changes to my department and they don't know what they will do with me. Would be cheeky to email HR to find where I stand. Even if I did my medical on 21st of March

• Registered Users Posts: 17 tutiefruite

My current employer keeps hounding me about not knowing. They are make changes to my department and they don't know what they will do with me. Would be cheeky to email HR to find where I stand. Even if I did my medical on 21st of March

You could...but a few i know got their offers 1 week after medical and less.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Catepillar1994

You could...but a few i know got their offers 1 week after medical and less.

I have two strands of vetting outstanding. Not a clue what that means. Any idea? but not looking like I'll be April.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 tutiefruite

I have two strands of vetting outstanding. Not a clue what that means. Any idea? but not looking like I'll be April.

No clue im afraid. I've never received that response from HRM

• Registered Users Posts: 32 NYB

Do you think there will be offers out today.?

NYB wrote: »
    Do you think there will be offers out today.?

Possible but no way of really telling! The people with offers from last week will have a certain date to confirm it by and then you’re looking at deferrals or any spaces left so who knows!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Cloyra29

Hey can someone tell me what your supposed to wear to the orientation? And also what to bring down with you to the orientation?

Cloyra29 wrote: »
    Hey can someone tell me what your supposed to wear to the orientation? And also what to bring down with you to the orientation?

All comes in the information pack in the post but it’s basically a suit or closest thing to it and a list of stationary and white socks basically.. if you have an offer you’ll get the list soon enough :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,400 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

Youll get a list if things to bring in the post.

Dress formal, you'll be made to change into the tracksuit for your First Aid and Manual Handling anyway later on the first day.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Coconut21015

Hey, does anyone know if you can defer the first week of induction and start in the second week? Has anyone done this for the April intake? I'm hoping I'll be called for July intake and will be abroad for the first week in July. Just asking in case the first induction is during the first week in July thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 8 ALD123

Got my offer!! From the June 2017 campaign, and literally up until yesterday my vetting was still not cleared. If anyone is in that boat the only answer is stay ringing them and hounding them because I honestly think that helped.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭FIVE.0

ALD123 wrote: »
    Got my offer!! From the June 2017 campaign, and literally up until yesterday my vetting was still not cleared. If anyone is in that boat the only answer is stay ringing them and hounding them because I honestly think that helped.

Congrats. Did you get the offer this eve?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 Polly26

ALD123 wrote: »

I got offer too.. and up to yesterday I still had one format of vetting outstanding.. hope for us all

Advertisement