Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Ninty Direct

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,869 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    7 minutes of Ryan Reynolds staring into the camera and going "Pika Pika...Pikachu" over and over.

And now I want that. Or have it like a 7 minute sneeze buildup where he just says "Pika" until the last second when he says "Pikachu"

• Registered Users Posts: 16,386 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

I nearly forgot about the Pokemon Direct today. I haven't the slightest interest in the franchise but I'll tune in out of curiosity to see the reveal of what is potentially Switch's biggest selling game. You can watch it below. Remember it starts at 2pm.

Pokémon Direct 2.27.2019

https://youtube.com/watch?v=CFues4zhUW4

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Yup,

Pokemon Sword and Shield..

That's another 20 million Switch consoles sold....

• Registered Users Posts: 55,470 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Sword and Shield, eh?
    It'll sell zillions.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Team Scorbunny FTW!

• Advertisement

Nice taster - I think it looks good. I'll be interesting to see how big Galar actually is.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,622 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

Ez Grookey, ez rares

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Predict Sword to outsell Shield 2:1, based on the name alone!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

You'd think that but having the less cool name is a sales driver because you know your exclusives will be in higher demand. Could go either way now that all those old school Pokémon players grew up to be 2nd level thinking tactical geniuseses

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

That's 4pm here btw

• Advertisement

In GDC week, I'm expecting some big surprises. :)

10 minutes, peeps.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭geotrig

:eek: cuphead

geotrig wrote: »
    :eek: cuphead

Worst kept secret. It's been heavily rumoured for a long time. Nice to see it confirmed though.

The Red Lantern looks nice....

Pine looks fantastic too.... this is a great Direct.

Nuclear Throne out today too...

Blaster Master Zero 2 out today.....

Cadence of Hyrule.... Zelda Necrodancer? Nice! :)

That was all good stuff. No real duds there at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

The news of Cuphead possibly coming to Switch has only been around since February so it's still a big announcement.

Can't wait to play 'My Friend Pedro'

Wow didn't expect to see a Zelda announcement. 'Cadence of Hyrule'

That name sounds familiar, as if I read it in one of those rumoured leaks or something.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭earthwormjack

Christ, that was an excellent direct. The amount of creativity in the indie scene at the minute is great. Plenty of Day 1 buys showcased today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

My Friend Pedro and Cuphead were the big hitters for me. A few other interesting ones too but not necessarily day one purchases. Decent direct.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,869 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Just about to watch now. Is that the other 2D Zelda that was rumoured, I wonder

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,022 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Ooooh, My Friend Pedro seems like a good fit for the Switch. Not so convinced on Cuphead but only because I'm already a bit wary of it (but the visual style is gorgeous and I'd probably pay full price just to watch a playthrough of it...)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Fysh wrote: »
    Ooooh, My Friend Pedro seems like a good fit for the Switch. Not so convinced on Cuphead but only because I'm already a bit wary of it (but the visual style is gorgeous and I'd probably pay full price just to watch a playthrough of it...)

Cuphead is excellent. Its tough but fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Only watched the direct just now.
    Cuphead honestly I've not much interest in I'll likely be on my own wanting Katana Zero that day which looked great.
    Love the look of Overland & the switch needed a few more strategy titles like that & the recently announced Mutant Year Zero as I wish for XCOM Enemy Within to hopefully get a port.
    My Friend Pedro was my favourite game of E3 2018 & remains the same. Although seeing the bosses was unexpected.
    Neo Cab was probably ignored by most but I appreciated that art style, just makes me think of Wolf Among Us.
    The Red Lantern looked far more impressive than I was expecting. Not sure how it will play as they said you will hunt, care for injuries & has unique events which sounds very promising.
    RAD, Bloodroots, Swim Sanity & Pine didn't really stand out to me. RAD in particular looked pretty mediocre, similar to most recent Double Fine titles.

It won't be but I really, really want this song in Cadence of Hyrule.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

Dungeon Brazzers - Awesome!

Seems legit, as there's no mention of F-Zero.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

The best prank is one that leaves that prankee laughing, not crying :)

Advertisement