Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Ninty Direct

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,960 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

But we're getting the cd-i games

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭kevin2me

• Registered Users Posts: 16,661 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Report: A Nintendo Direct is potentially happening this week, and it could be a big one
    Nintendo might be about to give Reggie Fils-Aime an epic send off with an unannounced Nintendo Direct on April 11

https://www.gamesradar.com/report-a-nintendo-direct-is-potentially-happening-this-week-and-it-could-be-a-big-one/

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

sligeach wrote: »
    Report: A Nintendo Direct is potentially happening this week, and it could be a big one
    Nintendo might be about to give Reggie Fils-Aime an epic send off with an unannounced Nintendo Direct on April 11

https://www.gamesradar.com/report-a-nintendo-direct-is-potentially-happening-this-week-and-it-could-be-a-big-one/

Hopefully, they'll just do that IGN direct :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,661 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Tune in on 15/05 at 11pm (Irish time) for a roughly 15-minute presentation packed with information all about Super Mario Maker 2 for Nintendo Switch.

https://www.nintendo.co.uk/Misc-/Nintendo-Direct/Latest-Nintendo-Direct/Nintendo-Direct-698557.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Interested to see what theyll add to Mario maker. A lot of the changes so far are fairly pedestrian, despite the hype. Slopes, additional enemies and power-ups etc. Will be interesting to see what additions are made in terms of modes both offline and online. Confirmation of a two player mode would be great.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,481 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

A SMW-style world builder would be amazing. Imagine packs of connected levels with secret exits and secret levels?

Yeah, the map would be the holy grail. It would also be the end of the series, you wouldn't be able to top it.

I can't remember but did the first have autoscroll levels

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,565 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Like the last one on the WiiU, I don't want to create squat, just play someone else's creations.
    But I'm going to end up with a sh1t ton of autoscrollers... Again....

Wonder if those vouchers are coming here as well and will all preorders be available?

Looks like there's one more mode to be announced. Mario 2?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

I went into that Mario Maker 2 direct with pretty high expectations and somehow I'm overwhelmed, god damn Nintendo, fair play.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

So this cropped up today (placeholder for a scheduled video)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=osoPtXbAUUc

Pokemon Direct for June 5th. 15 minute presentation.

Very, very, very odd to do it one week before E3. Maybe going to give Sword & Shield time to breathe on its own and focus on other core games for the E3 presentation that will arrive closer to the inevitable Nov/Dec window for Pokemon.

Also, a meeting in 2 days, similar one was when they announced Pokemon Go so could be this new mobile game DeNa is making.

nB6P4sR.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 55,481 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I think that means that it won't be the focus game this year at E3.
    That will probably be Animal Crossing or Luigis Mansion 3 now...

Or maybe the trio of Zelda games (Links Awakening remake, TP port, Windwaker port).

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Mr E wrote: »

Or maybe the trio of Zelda games (Links Awakening remake, TP port, Windwaker port).

Or the rumoured Ocarina of Time HD remake... ?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

I'm literally holding off on buying a second-hand Wii U solely for Twilight Princess and Windwaker, until after E3.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,565 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I'll tell Cidonalad after he has the first day of his Junior Cert over!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,789 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

Star Lord wrote: »
    Or the rumoured Ocarina of Time HD remake... ?

Who doesn't love a re-release of a 10+ year old game

[sarcasm]I'm already prepared to pre-order the remaster of the Switch port of the WiiU version of BotW, bound to be coming to the Switch 2 in a couple of years![/sarcasm]

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

In lieu of a new game, correct, but that said, I would love the Switch to become the home of all of Zelda - we can emulate the NES, SNES, and GB/C/A games easily with the device. The Wii U ports of Wind Waker and Twilight Princess should run too, and it'd be nice to get the 3DS ports of Ocarina and Majoras Mask on there too - all that's really left then is the remaster of Skyward Sword, but, while I've never played it, it doesn't seem to have much popularity, and it doesn't seem like I missed much.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Just one tiny, foul tasting, golden cart with all of them on there. All of them. droooooooooool.

Banjo wrote: »
    Just one tiny, foul tasting, golden cart with all of them on there. All of them. droooooooooool.

Would you be including the CDi LoZ games as well??

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

No, those are abominations, that should stay in Retr0's dungeon of masochism, where they belong.

Star Lord wrote: »
    No, those are abominations, that should stay in Retr0's dungeon of masochism, where they belong.

He used to mention them all the time, I think it was exciting for him, the sick f#ck!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,789 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

chrislad wrote: »
    In lieu of a new game, correct, but that said, I would love the Switch to become the home of all of Zelda - we can emulate the NES, SNES, and GB/C/A games easily with the device. The Wii U ports of Wind Waker and Twilight Princess should run too, and it'd be nice to get the 3DS ports of Ocarina and Majoras Mask on there too - all that's really left then is the remaster of Skyward Sword, but, while I've never played it, it doesn't seem to have much popularity, and it doesn't seem like I missed much.

Yes because Nintendo are going to announce new games alongside retro ones. They definitely had their time but not anymore

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,103 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Yes because Nintendo are going to announce new games alongside retro ones. They definitely had their time but not anymore

Yeah they're doing really badly what with the fastest selling console at the moment.

• Advertisement

In all fairness, Nintendo have always been about celebrating/exploiting their back catalogue of franchises both in terms of new games featuring them and re-releasing or remastering them and selling them on new formats.

Nothing new about it at all.

They were making/remaking Super Mario Bros onto the Gameboy Color years ago and I don't think there were too many complaints at that time.

Every direct I can recall has had a combination of new games, games ported from other systems and older games from Nintendos IP library appearing on the new, featured format.

Coupled with the extraordinary sales performance of the Switch, I would imagine they are doing everything right for themselves as a business.

Advertisement