Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Ninty Direct

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Interesting to see Nintendo's stronger ties with Microsoft with the Hellblade announcement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭conormario

iamtony wrote: »
    Definitely the best Direct I've ever watched. I'd gotten use to being underwhelmed but this was full of surprises! Happy going to bed now:)

It's like Christmas came early :) and it's not even E3 yet :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭plibige

Corholio wrote: »
    Interesting to see Nintendo's stronger ties with Microsoft with the Hellblade announcement.

Was thinking that too, i wonder if we'll ever see any traffic the other way. Doubt it with anything significant

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

Tetris is in the eshop now.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,546 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Fe collector edition? Zelda looks great.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

iamtony wrote: »
    Tetris is in the eshop now.

And it's really good. Finished 29th in my first game so I'm already better at it than any other Battle Royale.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,661 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

The one negative I would point out about this brilliant Direct is that Nintendo are very calculated. The first few seconds of Super Mario Maker 2 proves it. What was the number 1 request update in the original game? Slopes(I remember creating levels that attempted to mimic them). It was an easy fix, but held back the feature for the sequel. The same with MK8, Battle Mode was detested from day 1, people asked and and asked for a fix, to no avail, until the €60 port on Switch. SMM2, looks great, but like so many Switch games, it isn't completely new, it's adding content to the base game. I don't think the interface will be as good as on Wii U.

Splatoon 2 used a lot of content from the original. Captain Toad, some of the additions, not the new DLC levels, could have been added to the Wii U version.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

And it's really good. Finished 29th in my first game so I'm already better at it than any other Battle Royale.

I love a bit of tetris, just got 15th;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Really nice Direct, even though a lot of the big titles people have been clamouring for news on (Animal Crossing, Pokemon, Bayonetta 3, Metroid Prime 4, Luigis Mansion 3) had little to no mention.

Daemon X Machina demo is great news, love me a bit of mecha so gonna be diving into that.
    Never played Links Awakening so thats an insta-buy.
    Astral Chain looks great, getting DMC5 in a few weeks so nice to know theres more Kamiya inspired crazy lined up for later in the year. I WANT TO PET THE ROBO-DOGGO!
    Oninaki looks kind of nice, will look forward to some more info.
    Marvel UltAlli3, loved the first one so high hopes this is nice.
    FE:Three Houses....erm, kinda got Valkyria Chronicles 2 vibes off it, and that wasnt a great game. Hope the "oh hey its like a high school anime or Harry Potter and Hogwarts" feeling gives away fast and a more serious tone of warfare and conflicting ideals crops up.

Announcement of the direct for me though was Rune Factory 4S and 5. That franchise was DEAD, done, dusted, expired, extinct, a late parrot, consigned to the franchise graveyard in the sky (its a left off the Rainbow Road, right beside the mausoleum for EAs "acquisitions" over the years). It was in dev but the company went under and no hope of it returning. So to see it back is amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,600 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Well.

I guess I'll be buying some of that stuff, then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Anybody else think Astral Chain was a new Sin and Punishment when it first came on? I would have loved Nier on the Switch and this definitely has a similar type of vibe. Between this and Bayonetta, I like Nintendo's relationship with Platinum.

Rune Factory was a big surprise as well, pretty sure that franchise was dead at one stage?

Looking forward to playing Daemon x Machina demo as well.

Corholio wrote: »
    Anybody else think Astral Chain was a new Sin and Punishment when it first came on? I would have loved Nier on the Switch and this definitely has a similar type of vibe. Between this and Bayonetta, I like Nintendo's relationship with Platinum.

Rune Factory was a big surprise as well, pretty sure that franchise was dead at one stage?

Looking forward to playing Daemon x Machina demo as well.

I was thinking Jet Force Gemini initially.

sligeach wrote: »
    RUMOR - NINTENDO DIRECT SET FOR FEB. 13TH, 2019

https://gonintendo.com/stories/328356-rumor-nintendo-direct-set-for-feb-13th-2019

https://www.resetera.com/threads/nintendo-direct-speculation-ot-good-things-come-to-those-who-wait.98257/page-24#post-17704098

Switch games possibly to be shown:
    • Pikmin 3
    • Super Mario Maker 2
    • BoxBoy
    • Pokemon
    • 2D Zelda
    • Metroid Prime Trilogy

Nintendo must have caught wind of my post and just out of spite, decided to move it out by one day of my margin. ;)

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=109219581&postcount=1146

Gotta think this is all real now. Just a case of when the remaining games are shown.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

Really great Direct and well worth the long wait.

I've never played Link's Awakening (apart from maybe 20 mins on a friend's Gameboy about 25 years ago) so I can't wait for that to be released.

Mario Maker 2 and Astral Chain are both great announcements too. As mentioned above, I also thought Astral Chain was a new Sin & Punishment at first!

I queued up Tetris 99 and the demos for Yoshi & Daemon X Machina before leaving the house today so looking forward to getting home to try them out later.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Links Awakening will be a nice change of pace after putting over 90 hours into BotW, it can easily be fully completed in about 15 hours.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,104 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Great to see Rune Factory back. It's a real underappreciate gem of a series. Not been one since the PS3 days.

No SMT5 though. I bet that game is delayed.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Was there any news of when Link's Awakening might be released? Also, are we expecting physical releases of the FF games?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Really great Direct and well worth the long wait.

I've never played Link's Awakening (apart from maybe 20 mins on a friend's Gameboy about 25 years ago) so I can't wait for that to be released.

Mario Maker 2 and Astral Chain are both great announcements too. As mentioned above, I also thought Astral Chain was a new Sin & Punishment at first!

I queued up Tetris 99 and the demos for Yoshi & Daemon X Machina before leaving the house today so looking forward to getting home to try them out later.

Tetris is really good, just played two games, but they're quick which is great.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,786 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

fantastic Direct, this is going to be a very healthy year for Nintendo and the Switch.

My dream is still to get a new F-Zero for the Switch announced at some stage this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭megaten

Wonder what additions to the RF4 port will look like. I'm still in the middle of my 3DS save of it so I'll probably keeping going as the upscaling looks super rough.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,565 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

ERG89 wrote: »

If... This is a Pokemon Switch announcement... Expect Nintendo to run out of Switch consoles to sell!

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭plibige

I wouldn't bet against a 20 mil switch sales for fiscal year 2019

The rumours were true again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Youd have to expect Pokemon Switch proper here. What else could it be apart from remasters?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,565 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

BadTurtle wrote: »
    Youd have to expect Pokemon Switch proper here. What else could it be apart from remasters?

DLC for the Pokemon Go thingy....
    Or more SSBU stuff... gods help me but I'll scream if it's more SSBU crap...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Didnt they leak who the other SSBU DLC characters would be already? Unlikely to be any more pokemon additions.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,960 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

The 7 minute prologue for Detective Pikachu

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

CastorTroy wrote: »
    The 7 minute prologue for Detective Pikachu

7 minutes of Ryan Reynolds staring into the camera and going "Pika Pika...Pikachu" over and over.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

BadTurtle wrote: »
    You'd have to expect Pokemon Switch proper here. What else could it be apart from remasters?

Looking at the 3 pokéballs I think they'll reveal the starters and likely the names of the 2 game versions.
    I'd love to see brief gameplay and a quick look at what it looks like compared to Let's Go but not expecting that.

Advertisement