Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Madeleine McCann

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,485 ✭✭✭micks_address

TallGlass wrote:
    Things might have been different if they showed up right away and sealed the scene off along with starting the searching right away.

The Police weren't called till 10.14, Kate claims she noticed Madeline missing at 10.00.
    Ah well at least she didn't wait days like the family in abducted in plain sight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

She wandered out herself, something happened (car accident/paedo)
    The Police weren't called till 10.14, Kate claims she noticed Madeline missing at 10.00.

I might have misheard. But reception called the police and then she had to ask them again.

During that time the apartment was then basically trashed and multiple people entered, basically destroying evidence and contaminated the scene.

The gnr seem to be like community police not very highly skilled..

Seem like incompetent bully boys too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

TallGlass wrote:
    I might have misheard. But reception called the police and then she had to ask to ask them again.

The timeline is available online. Roadblocks would not be the first thing the police would do. Questioning the parents would be the first thing they would or the last person to see the child.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

I didnt say it was Gerry did I? I said someone reported that they saw someone matching Gerry's description carrying a sleeping girl.

Yes, the he I refer to is Gerry.

A whiteness said he spotted Gerry with the child and reported it

Am I wrong in saying that?

:confused:

Anyway, I answered the question.

• Advertisement

TallGlass wrote:

So it's all the fault of the GNR and the PJ, correct?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

TallGlass wrote: »
    Only on EP2 here.

But the GNR. Really mad a right mess of this.

Things might have been different if they showed up right away and sealed the scene off along with starting the searching right away.

Don't think we will ever know to be honest.

yes if only they could keep army on standby 24/7 each summer when they get swamped with drunk tourists.to block all roads and borders and do mass searches each time they get a call someone is gone missing while their out of their heads on booze.

So it's all the fault of the GNR and the PJ, correct?

No. I didn't say that. I said they didn't handle it very well from the outset.

scamalert wrote: »
    yes if only they could keep army on standby 24/7 each summer when they get swamped with drunk tourists.to block all roads and borders and do mass searches each time they get a call someone is gone missing while their out of their heads on booze.

No need to be so smart FFS.

scamalert wrote: »

They were in a family resort having dinner, not clubbing it up in Ibiza! Jesus.

• Advertisement

TallGlass wrote:
    But the GNR. Really mad a right mess of this.

TallGlass wrote:

TallGlass wrote:
    During that time the apartment was then basically trashed and multiple people entered, basically destroying evidence and contaminated the scene.

TallGlass wrote:

TallGlass wrote:
    No. I didn't say that. I said they didn't handle it very well from the outset.

Ok so.

Ok so.

Again. They didn't handle it very well. Never pointed entire blame at them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭Teddy Daniels

Something Else
    They were in a family resort having dinner, not clubbing it up in Ibiza! Jesus.

The rumor is they were swingers.

The rumor is they were swingers.

Well who doesn't love a bit of Frank Sinatra every now and again?

Not sure what that has to do with the issue at hand though....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭cgcsb

Something Else
    Not to get too philosophical about things but in most cases society has fairly arbitrarily decided what standard safety protocols are e.g safety belts in a car are required but helmets and roll bars aren’t even though they would help in a significant number of cases. Leaving your child asleep in a locked apartment in the western world doesn’t seem like outrageously reckless behaviour to me.

If the oldest is only 3, then round the clock supervision is required. Simple as. If the eldest were a teenager I'd still not allow it myself. Most people I know in this country were sickened at the thought of such reckless behaviour with such young children but the UK media at the time were grand with it.

Something Else
    brookers wrote: »
    The Irish just bring them to the pub and drink all around them, or leave them in the car, even middle class parents have no problem getting absolutely hammered in front of their children, falling over the place, then they start to f this and f that and totally let themselves down in front of children. I wont even go over for a simple thing like a bbq with my kids to some friends house as I dont want my kids subjected to the absolutely terrible addiction and affliction this country has with alcohol. The women just go mad with white wine, start crying and having melt downs, the fathers just fall over. Dont tell me this is isolated stuff. It is happening all around us.

Yes better to just feck the kids to the four sheets of the wind than expose them to your unbearable friends or god forbid see a drunk person.

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭Calltocall

The only fact that exists is Madeline disappeared on the 3rd of May everything else is speculation.

You are correct, everything else is speculation, one cannot say for certain what happened and this will go on for years, was it the parents was it an abduction, accident etc unless something new comes to light it’s unlikely after all this time we’ll ever know but one must cling to hope, I read extensively about the details of the case years ago when it was more in the fore and was everywhere and there was at that time one key piece of information that still to this day bothers me and just doesn’t make sense.

There were two sightings that evening of a blonde girl approx 3/4 years of age in pyjamas being carried by a man, one at 9.15 spotted by Jane Tanner and one at 10pm by an Irish family the Smiths, now regarding the Tanner sighting a gp came forward at the time and said it was very likely him carrying his child from creche, it wasn’t until 2013 that police accepted that it was more than likely him and have ruled that sighting out being linked however the second sighting by the Smiths is the interesting one, it was detailed enough to allow investigators to draw up a sketch.

Their description of the child was that she was 3/4 years of age, white, female and blonde wearing pyjamas, was lying awkwardly against the man and was asleep, he was walking away from the apartments towards the beach, now in my opinion isn’t it very very odd with the unprecedented media coverage in numerous languages and with the saturation this case has received that this man carrying the child wouldn’t have heard about a child going missing that night in the exact same area that he was in yet he has never come forward to say yes that was me carrying my daughter etc, particularly having a small child of a similar age would make one even more tuned into a case like this yet nothing, of everything i have read and I’ve read an awful lot on it, this piece of information is the strongest to suggest the possibility of an abduction and that child was indeed her, the timeline fits, the identity fits, not for what the smiths saw but because of this individuals silence as one would indeed remember being in the same area with a child matching the description of and at the same time of the disappearance of arguably the worlds most reported missing person, for who that person was who knows but it doesn’t make sense that he never presented to police, that’s just my opinion and it hasn’t changed from years ago until now.

Something Else
    There was 3 other couples with children there with the McCanns so that would be keys to four apartments each time for the checker to bring with them, open doors seem more plausible than the checker acting like a Jailer.

A gang of tight holes unwilling to pay to have their children supervised by baby sitters

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭jimwallace197

Calltocall wrote: »
    You are correct, everything else is speculation, one cannot say for certain what happened and this will go on for years, was it the parents was it an abduction, accident etc unless something new comes to light it’s unlikely after all this time we’ll ever know but one must cling to hope, I read extensively about the details of the case years ago when it was more in the fore and was everywhere and there was at that time one key piece of information that still to this day bothers me and just doesn’t make sense.

There were two sightings that evening of a blonde girl approx 3/4 years of age in pyjamas being carried by a man, one at 9.15 spotted by Jane Tanner and one at 10pm by an Irish family the Smiths, now regarding the Tanner sighting a gp came forward at the time and said it was very likely him carrying his child from creche, it wasn’t until 2013 that police accepted that it was more than likely him and have ruled that sighting out being linked however the second sighting by the Smiths is the interesting one, it was detailed enough to allow investigators to draw up a sketch.

Their description of the child was that she was 3/4 years of age, white, female and blonde wearing pyjamas, was lying awkwardly against the man and was asleep, he was walking away from the apartments towards the beach, now in my opinion isn’t it very very odd with the unprecedented media coverage in numerous languages and with the saturation this case has received that this man carrying the child wouldn’t have heard about a child going missing that night in the exact same area that he was in yet he has never come forward to say yes that was me carrying my daughter etc, particularly having a small child of a similar age would make one even more tuned into a case like this yet nothing, of everything i have read and I’ve read an awful lot on it, this piece of information is the strongest to suggest the possibility of an abduction and that child was indeed her, the timeline fits, the identity fits, not for what the smiths saw but because of this individuals silence as one would indeed remember being in the same area with a child matching the description of and at the same time of the disappearance of arguably the worlds most reported missing person, for who that person was who knows but it doesn’t make sense that he never presented to police, that’s just my opinion and it hasn’t changed from years ago until now.

But how many years did it take for that Jane tanner sighting to be ruled out & even then it was only ruled out by the british police. Possibly that individual you are mentioning already did speak to the Portuguese police or is not from this region & so isnt hearing as much about the disappearance. I think the investigation was so haphazard in the beginning, a lot of leads & potential suspects weren’t followed up on. What about the hotel staff? What about the charity workers in the area? Were any of them properly followed up or investigated. I think it’s fair to assume the Portuguese police from an early stage focused too much attention on the McCanns & ruled out a lot of other possibilities

Something Else
    SusieBlue wrote: »
    No pain or punishment is worse than losing a child.

I think your view of it is mostly based on what you would think/feel if that were you I the same situation. No doubt you are an empathetic person. But I think you're ignoring the possibility that not everyone will have the same emotional responses that you have.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

Something Else
    But how many years did it take for that Jane tanner sighting to be ruled out & even then it was only ruled out by the british police. Possibly that individual you are mentioning already did speak to the Portuguese police or is not from this region & so isnt hearing as much about the disappearance. I think the investigation was so haphazard in the beginning, a lot of leads & potential suspects weren’t followed up on. What about the hotel staff? What about the charity workers in the area? Were any of them properly followed up or investigated. I think it’s fair to assume the Portuguese police from an early stage focused too much attention on the McCanns & ruled out a lot of other possibilities

Maybe they focused on the McCanns because they strongly believed they were responsible?

Staff were questioned and the charity was contacted, they said they had no collections in that area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

Something Else
    :confused:

Anyway, I answered the question.

Yes. A whiteness said he spotted someone matching Gerry's description carrying a child matching Maddie's description.

Why is it so hard for you to understand or more likely why are you denying documented facts?

Something Else
    SusieBlue wrote: »
    If it was an accidental death they must be criminal masterminds to come up with such an excellent cover up that got them completely off the hook, with a very limited amount of time to work with and under immense pressure and stress after the unexpected death of their child.

Well it's not like they were short of some help from some extremely wealthy and powerful people later on. If they had help covering it up, it wouldn't shock me

cgcsb wrote: »
    Well it's not like they were short of some help from some extremely wealthy and powerful people later on. If they had help covering it up, it wouldn't shock me

What's in it for these people to cover up a child murder, prey tell?

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭Calltocall

You are correct that it was a number of years before the Tanner sighting was discounted and it was indeed discounted by British Police however the Portuguese police took the Smith sighting seriously at the time, took detailed statements etc, from my reading of the information available and there’s an awful lot online this individual has never come forward to either Portuguese police, British Police or any Police force and he remains unknown again to note this case and its details have been circulated in a huge number of languages/countries, it’s very telling in my opinion that this individual has never come forward.

I agree the investigation was completely confused by having two separate police forces investigating and in my opinion this confusion and the delay in getting accurate information out to the public allowed the perpetrator to slip away.

Yes. A whiteness said he spotted someone matching Gerry's description carrying a child matching Maddie's description.

Why is it so hard for you to understand or more likely why are you denying documented facts?

What documented facts am I denying exactly? You've lost me.

I'll just refer you to my answer to your question a few pages back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭Mike9832

Well who doesn't love a bit of Frank Sinatra every now and again?

Not sure what that has to do with the issue at hand though....

Its character building

<mod snip> deleted unsubstantiated claims </mod snip>

Gerry getting up early to go play tennis when he should have been looking for Maddie in his blog

Something was incredibly odd with them

If I had to pick one theory, it's they sold Maddie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭Mike9832

What's in it for these people to cover up a child murder, prey tell?

She could have been sold and alot of incredibly powerful/wealthy people have sick habits

Paedophilia is a €150billion business

Ok, it's that time of the night when the wacky conspiracy theories start rolling out.

I'm off to bed.

• Advertisement

Something Else
    Wasn't he spotted by a whiteness who then 'forgot' what he saw?

Their wealthy friend Brian Kennedy went to 'interview' the witness. Witness declined to appear on the netflix doc

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement