Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Madeleine McCann

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

I'm musing generally. I don't expect you to answer or know. Relax.

I don't find it credible that whom ever was going to check on all the kids would carry a bunch of keys each time tbh. So a door being left open is believeable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,955 ✭✭✭Sunflower 27

Something Else
    SusieBlue wrote: »
    Perhaps, but not impossible. Not something that should be ruled out.
    It pains me to even type this, but white, blond haired children are of high value in those circles.

Fair enough. I maintain a possible abduction by a paedophile three years previous is a weak link, but each to their own.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,919 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Occam's Razor is a good waypoint in most things.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭oceanman

She wandered out herself, something happened (car accident/paedo)
    Lavinia wrote: »
    Parents killed her and covered it up
    End of story.
    please feel free to expand on that theory...especially how they managed to covered it up?

Something Else
    I don't find it credible that whom ever was going to check on all the kids would carry a bunch of keys each time tbh. So a door being left open is believeable.

I don't think they were checking more than three apartments were they?
    I never put my apartment key with my home keys, it's usually just one key with a number on it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,520 ✭✭✭micks_address

I find it incredible that people will take their children on holiday but then choose to be away from them, doesn't make sense. To be honest nothing of what went on in 2007 and the adults behaviour/stories makes sense.

I'd say it's pretty normal to out kids in kid clubs during the day. They enjoy social interaction with other kids and get some activities in.. It gives the parents some.down time as well. It's a tricky balance.. we have been on French campsites where our teenage son is out with a bunch of kids playing soccer and didn't come back when agreed and it freaks the **** out of you and then they trundle in oblivious to any concern they may have caused you.. leaving kids less than 4 year old alone is reckless behavior though. There's no sugar coating it. Checking every 30 minutes doesnt make it any better in my opinion.. anything can happen in a few minutes.. the freelance journalist at the start of the documentary said he did same with his kids but used a baby monitor.. was there ever talk of negligence charges for the McCann's? It's amazing shes almost 12 years missing .. she's same age as our son.. I'd way there's at least a possibility she's alive with a couple who adopted/bought her like the Irish nuns used to sell babies to wealthy US families back in the day..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭CPTM

Lavinia wrote: »
    Parents killed her and covered it up
    End of story.

Pity you didn't clarify that for us sooner. That's it now thank god. Close the thread mods, on to the next crime story I guess now that this has all been buttoned up for us by Lavinia :-) .

I find it incredible that people will take their children on holiday but then choose to be away from them, doesn't make sense. To be honest nothing of what went on in 2007 and the adults behaviour/stories makes sense.

To be fair with my reasonable hat on, it is nice for parents (and kids) to have a break from each other during the day if that is possible. Just a couple of hours you know?

But it seems to me that the children in this case just slept in the apartment and had breakfast there. Not much more interraction with parents whilst on hols. Day care, kids club, then left alone at night from what I can see.

Look I know frazzled parents often need a break from their kids, such is life, but all day every day and at night too. Why bring them at all?

We are veering off territory here, but it may be important too.

. I don't think they were checking more than three apartments where they? I never put my apartment key with my home keys, it's usually just one key with a number on it.

If having the children with them at the restaurant was an inconvenience, it's credible to believe fumbling with keys was also an inconvenience and leaving a door unlocked really wasn't an issue as the children's well being didn't seem to be of great importance.

CPTM wrote: »
    Pity you didn't clarify that for us sooner. That's it now thank god. Close the thread mods, on to the next crime story I guess now that this has all been buttoned up for us by Lavinia :-) .

I can't see the motive for covering up an accidental death.. unless they were worried an autopsy might show drugs in her system that hard been illegally prescribed by the parents... Kate being an anthestist doesn't help here.. did they use drugs to ensure a hassle free evening? Would seem far to risky but if you were a trained medical professional you might feel like you know what you are doing..

• Advertisement

Something Else
    If having the children with them at the restaurant was an inconvenience, it's credible to believe fumbling with keys was also an inconvenience and leaving a door unlocked really wasn't an issue as the children's well being didn't seem to be of great importance.

True, we just don't know. I think saying it was left open is important for the abduction theory, that's all. I can't imagine anyone admitting to that (and the outrage) if they didn't have to.

If anyone was really watching them, they'd know the door was being left open and the whole window scenario is ridiculous. Why risk being seen climbing in and out a window with a child if you know the door is open?

Look I know frazzled parents often need a break from their kids, such is life, but all day every day and at night too. Why bring them at all?

When my kids were very young, we did the family holiday thing spend our time together. Later in the year my wife and I went away for a week together children left with trusted family. They got a break from us, we got time together.

True, we just don't know. I think saying it was left open is important for the abduction theory, that's all. I can't imagine anyone admitting to that (and the outrage) if they didn't have to.

If anyone was really watching them, they'd know the door was being left open and the whole window scenario is ridiculous. Why risk being seen climbing in and out a window with a child if you know the door is open?

Pretty sure the documentary suggested the patio door was unlocked

I don't think they were checking more than three apartments were they?
    I never put my apartment key with my home keys, it's usually just one key with a number on it.

Well now, that is an interesting point.

If those people actually checked all the kids every 30 minutes or so, they would need a key for each apartment. Hmmm never thought of that. I don't know how many apartments were involved but I'd guess more than three TBH.

Unless each apartment was unlocked also.

Which leads us back to why 5A was targeted specifically.

Well now, that is an interesting point.

If those people actually checked all the kids every 30 minutes or so, they would need a key for each apartment. Hmmm never thought of that. I don't know how many apartments were involved but I'd guess more than three TBH.

Unless each apartment was unlocked also.

Which leads us back to why 5A was targeted specifically.

Have you watched the Netflix documentary? It suggests the appartment was under surveillance and she was probably taken to order.. there an email intercepted that shows a ring in Belgium ordering a girl fitting her profile from Portugal

Have you watched the Netflix documentary? It suggests the appartment was under surveillance and she was probably taken to order.. there an email intercepted that shows a ring in Belgium ordering a girl fitting her profile from Portugal

Only watched 2 episodes TBH.

But my point was regarding the so called "checks". Seems to me that different people got up (allegedly) every 30 minutes or so to check on the children. So each checker would have needed a key to each apartment. Can you imagine the fumbling for keys going on there?

If the checks ever happened at all indeed.

I don't believe the surveillance and abduction theory at all. TBH.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭tretorn

And if a ring did order her the thought of what she was wanted for is enough to make you ill.

And who in Gods name would be happy with anyone checking on their sleeping children, surely most couples would want to check on their children themselves. Whoever checked the MC Cann children before Kate didnt actually look at the beds, he checked from the door. Who lets men who arent relatives near their sleeping children (even if they are close friends), this is all bizarre.

But my point was regarding the so called "checks". Seems to me that different people got up (allegedly) every 30 minutes or so to check on the children. So each checker would have needed a key to each apartment. Can you imagine the fumbling for keys going on there?

There was 3 other couples with children there with the McCanns so that would be keys to four apartments each time for the checker to bring with them, open doors seem more plausible than the checker acting like a Jailer.

tretorn wrote: »
    And if a ring did order her the thought of what she was wanted for is enough to make you ill.

Or could be someone lost a child very like her and wanted a replacement.. who knows

Something Else
    Or could be someone lost a child very like her and wanted a replacement.. who knows

Given the exposure this case has got, I doubt she is living with another family.

• Advertisement

Given the exposure this case has got, I doubt she is living with another family.

The uniqueness of her eye would never escape the notice of those around her given the publicity it attracted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,535 ✭✭✭Hoboo

Accident happened, parents hid body
    Only ones I believe in all this are Eddie and Keela. The noses don't lie.

There was 3 other couples with children there with the McCanns so that would be keys to four apartments each time for the checker to bring with them, open doors seem more plausible than the checker acting like a Jailer.

I am sceptical about any checks at all TBH. But maybe there were.

So each checker had to carry four keys. Full of vino and all that. Either there were no checks, or all the doors were unlocked for convenience.

Just cannot get my head around the targeting of a child theory. When all other apartments had kids in them too.

Most bizarre story. But friends in high places may mean a lot of theorising in MSM has been suppressed. I reckon a D notice is on this TBH.

We are not covered by that, but there is zero talk about it anywhere in UK anymore.

Hoboo wrote: »
    Only ones I believe in all this are Eddie and Keela. The noses don't lie.

While I'd like to agree I just don't know how they'd do it.. supposing she overdosed on drugs assuming this happened at say 7pm.. where would they have stored her body and moving her would surely have been seen

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

The uniqueness of her eye would never escape the notice of those around her given the publicity it attracted.

I think releasing the uniqueness of her eye was done in good faith but it was a bad move.

It made her extremely identifyable, dangerously so, to the point that it made keeping her even riskier for whoever took her (if she was taken, just for you SpanishEyes).

Could possibly be corrected with surgery?

Just cannot get my head around the targeting of a child theory. When all other apartments had kids in them too.

8 children all together. The 3 McCann children, two other couples with 2 children each and one child to the last couple.

Could possibly be corrected with surgery?

In a few hours after her alleged abduction?

Verging on a bit of madness here :eek:

• Advertisement

In time.. why would it have to be in few hours? It's a real shame the cctv footage in petrol station was erased over..would have been good to rule it.in/out

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement