Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Worst/Best Radio Ads

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

Blackrock and Bill Gates .....................more hilarious wit. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭tototoe

Can't stand that guy on the ad for a property auction. In Galway.

I like the inshurdance ad, where the wife has planted herself in the garden shed, studying all the latest price plans, with the spiders in her hair.

I bet you'd ban me if you could.

I like the inshurdance ad, where the wife has planted herself in the garden shed, studying all the latest price plans, with the spiders in her hair.

I bet you'd ban me if you could.

I hate it but at least the woman is portrayed as the stupid one for a change. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭roosterman71

I've a Nokia 3310. I want to go into a Mercedes garage to see how it manages to unlock a car.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,831 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

While we're on Mercedes, this radio ad pisstake always makes me laugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭woejus

mattresses delivered dot ie

The stupidity of this Bargaintown is breathtaking here

There's already a company at mattressesdelivered.ie (some ****e shopify effort)

Then they spend loads of money on advertising a name that differs only by a "hyphen", your man even says it "don't forget the hyphen". Surely they could have come up with a better name aaaahhh

• Registered Users Posts: 33,050 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

That Sunday Business Post advert, which likes to tell us how great they are.

They say they have changed laws......anyone know which laws the SBP got changed?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

tototoe wrote: »
    Can't stand that guy on the ad for a property auction. In Galway.

This! His accent is hilarious.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,767 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

The bloody Nutella ad is back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,782 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Some hotel advertising itself as a venue for business meetings is starting to grate; every management speak cliché in the book.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,050 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Anyone heard the new RTE2 radio advert for Heinz soups?

Its got the female voice that does a lot of adverts, no idea who she is, but she has racheted up the irritation levels on this one. You'd nearly think it was a spoof advert, her voice is that grating and high.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,079 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Those two tools out on the golf course are back.

Should be buried in a bunker with a sand wedge lodged in their hoops.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭dogmatix

NIMAN wrote: »
    That Sunday Business Post advert, which likes to tell us how great they are.

They say they have changed laws......anyone know which laws the SBP got changed?

And whats with the radio voice dragging out the sunday at the end of the ad " ...on Sundaaaaaaaayyyyy".

• Registered Users Posts: 55,453 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

New Vanonomics ad. As bad as the first one. Yeah Yeah.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭djemba djemba

Why would anyone think the ceo of donegal catch would be a fish.

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭justincasey

Hi Ben Dune here 50% better than fly fit blah blah

• Closed Accounts Posts: 877 ✭✭✭jk23

Two words... Betty Boo!! 4fm really pushing their competition but it's getting really grating

• Registered Users Posts: 17,429 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

The news talk ad for the most un funniest podcast ever made. It’s on all the time. Every single break.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,453 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Yep, it sounds awful.

They aren't exactly doing a good job of selling it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,271 ✭✭✭Barna77

Brady Family Ham, the musical. In radios near you now.

What the...

• Registered Users Posts: 19,579 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Barna77 wrote: »
    Brady Family Ham, the musical. In radios near you now.

What the...

Just heard it there.

Good Lord above, what was that all about? Seemed to go on forever,too.

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Just heard it there.

Good Lord above, what was that all about? Seemed to go on forever,too.

It was the only ad on that entire ad break it was so long !

Brady's Family Ham to the tune of "Come out ye Black and Tans" - who thought that was a clever idea?

Another that moves me to commit murder is the one for Brokers Ireland and their Award Ceremony where brokers are 'honoured' for their efforts. God help us, what's that about - do they get VCs or Knighthoods for their brave efforts. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Mahell

"Alright lads: mintil matts!"

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭justincasey

Jammer jammer jammer ... so bad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

That Brady ham and must be costing a fortune to run, how often is it on!?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,306 Mod ✭✭✭✭mzungu

Just heard the Brady Family Ham ad. They must be minted if they can afford to use up an entire ad break.

Most ads should be under 30 seconds, especially on radio. It seemed to go on forever.

mzungu wrote: »
    Just heard the Brady Family Ham ad. They must be minted if they can afford to use up an entire ad break.

Most ads should be under 30 seconds, especially on radio. It seemed to go on forever.

I timed it this morning at approx. 3 minutes. Either they got a great deal or they have seriously lost the plot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,579 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Grraaagh.

Just because there's some load of b*llocks hirse racing "festival" this week, it doesn't mean you have to do your ads for motor cars/windows/snackfoods/literally any other product or service in the style of a horse racing commentator.

Jesus.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement