Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Conor Mcgregor arrested again

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,291 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

rafatoni wrote: »
    I see the independent saying he could do 15 years.... he wont do an hour behind bars ffs. Rich and famous. Fancy lawyer...

If it was me or you though...........

But would 2 convictions in less than a year not be grounds to ban him from re entry to the United States?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

But would 2 convictions in less than a year not be grounds to ban him from re entry to the United States?

You can probably pay your way around these things.

American justice, the best money can buy.

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭rafatoni

Id say 110% it should and for normal Joe soaps like us we would have been banned after the first incident but for the rich there will be a way around it.

Once he is finally done with fighting though and becomes fish & chip paper in vegas, then they will toss him to the side and be done with him.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,971 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Reading the "victims" report and it seems McGregor offered to shake his hand and your man stuck his phone in his face recording him.

McGregor then pulled him in and swung at his wrist to knock his phone to the ground.
    Stamped on it, walk away with and said **** you.

Overreaction from McGregor obviously but your man was been a dick recording him.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,939 ✭✭✭pgj2015

rob316 wrote: »
    Reading the "victims" report and it seems McGregor offered to shake his hand and your man stuck his phone in his face recording him.

McGregor then pulled him in and swung at his wrist to knock his phone to the ground.
    Stamped on it, walk away with and said **** you.

Overreaction from McGregor obviously but your man was been a dick recording him.

people record themselves taking a $hit these days, what was the big surprise? mcgregor is fond of taking pictures and videos himself.

• Advertisement

Wonder if he knew those dangerous Jedward brothers :p:p

AKA the Kray twins.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Effects

I wonder did he ever do the DNA test for the kid the young wan in England says is his, if she is a mini Mac then she should be entitled to a fair bit of child support I'd imagine.

What's a fair bit of child support? 500 quid a week?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Effects wrote: »
    Depends on your lawyer!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Effects

pgj2015 wrote: »
    people record themselves taking a $hit these days, what was the big surprise? mcgregor is fond of taking pictures and videos himself.

Not many people want a video taken of themselves outside a nightclub at 5am.
    Maybe he should have read the signals from McGregor and not taken his phone out. Just because people are obsessed with taking videos, instead of experiencing real life, doesn't make it ok.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭VeryTerry

Just because people are obsessed with taking videos, instead of experiencing real life, doesn't make it ok.

Neither is robbing a lads phone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,971 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Maybe he should have read the signals from McGregor and not taken his phone out. Just because people are obsessed with taking videos, instead of experiencing real life, doesn't make it ok.

He's one person fed up of a phone in his face so it wouldnt take much to set him off. If Mcgregor was been friendly and offered to shake his hand and this fella decided to shove his phone in his face, its annoying.

Not for a second excusing his reaction though, its criminal and over the top.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

I see the independent saying he could do 15 years.... he wont do an hour behind bars ffs. Rich and famous. Fancy lawyer...

If it was me or you though...........

That'll shorten his cough.

i agree but mcgregor would want to cop on to himself, is it worth ending up in prison or being banned from entering america?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭Woke Hogan

That'll shorten his cough.
    Soften. You wouldn't happen to be a McGregor fan, would you?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,991 ✭✭✭Odhinn

Theres no reference to the parents at all.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 36 Leo Fatkar

Wasn't there a downfall of Conor McGregor thread last year? Whoever wrote would be having a field day!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭orourkeda1977

Leo Fatkar wrote: »
    Wasn't there a downfall of Conor McGregor thread last year? Whoever wrote would be having a field day!

In order to have a downfall you must first have achieved something.

Conor McGregor fights for a living.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

He was the first ever dual weight champion in UFC history. If it was that easy, everyone would do it. I think he's a complete knob but to say he hasn't achieved is just lying.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Woke Hogan wrote: »
    Soften. You wouldn't happen to be a McGregor fan, would you?

Columbo ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭Schwiiing

George St Pierre and BJ Penn were dual champs long before McGregor.

I don't call his Featherweight win an achievement seeing as he is a lightweight who had to go to extremes to cut weight to gain a size advantage.

He got handed a lightweight title shot in a UFC money grab.

He certainly doesn't have a talent or power advantage at lightweight seeing as he struggled twice against Diaz and got wrecked by Khabib.

Beaten or not, Alvarez had a point with his Emperors New Clothes analogy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 498 ✭✭zapitastas

Wouldn't be his biggest fan, but to earn over 100 million is certainly an achievement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Omackeral wrote: »
    He was the first ever dual weight champion in UFC history. If it was that easy, everyone would do it. I think he's a complete knob but to say he hasn't achieved is just lying.

Cormier did it too, and was dual champ for a lot longer than McGregors 13 day reign. He also defended his belts.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,380 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Omackeral wrote: »

Agreed. Not the biggest fan of Conor myself but for him to have had the success that he's had in UFC is an achievement I think, and so what if others have done it first as well. It doesn't take away from what he has done in his career and in life.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,159 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Schwiiing wrote: »

I don't call his Featherweight win an achievement seeing as he is a lightweight who had to go to extremes to cut weight to gain a size advantage.

He got handed a lightweight title shot in a UFC money grab.

He certainly doesn't have a talent or power advantage at lightweight seeing as he struggled twice against Diaz and got wrecked by Khabib.

Beaten or not, Alvarez had a point with his Emperors New Clothes analogy.

As was randy couture.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

So you're suggesting that to undergo a weight cut of that type while maintaining enough muscle mass to compete against a world champion doesn't take skill in and of itself? Cutting without losing muscle is difficult for most people at the best of times, cutting under those circumstances and successfully taking on someone who's more used to that weight and hasn't had to undergo a major cut in order to prepare for the fight is something else entirely. Not many people could do it and win.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭utyh2ikcq9z76b

Most people achieve nothing and hate what they do for a living

• Registered Users Posts: 16,291 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

No idea.

She must be fairly sure he is the daddy though when she went public about the whole thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,201 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Wrong. GSP didn't become a 2 weight champ until he beat Michael Bisping in November 2017. A full year after McGregor beat Alvarez.

As was randy couture.

Couture was indeed a 2 weight champ. But the significant thing about McGregor was that he held both his belts concurrently and was the first to do so. The feat has since been repeated by Daniel Cormier and Amanda Nunes.

That said, I think Penn and even Couture's achievements were more impressive. The fact that we went 25 years without a concurrent dual champ in the UFC and then had 3 in as many years highlights that the UFC love to offer champions shots at other champs in order to create that scenario.

McGregor was just lucky to be the first to have the opportunity. Although that doesn't mean it wasn't a hell of an achievement to make Alvarez look as ordinary as he did.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭The Enbalmer

Is he ****. Jones tried it on with tamer hasan and he left him spark out.

No messing with Tamer.

Danny Dyer would kick Tamer hasan's head in..in front of his bird.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,049 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

DrPhilG wrote: »
    Wrong. GSP didn't become a 2 weight champ until he beat Michael Bisping in November 2017. A full year after McGregor beat Alvarez.

Couture was indeed a 2 weight champ. But the significant thing about McGregor was that he held both his belts concurrently and was the first to do so. The feat has since been repeated by Daniel Cormier and Amanda Nunes.

That said, I think Penn and even Couture's achievements were more impressive. The fact that we went 25 years without a concurrent dual champ in the UFC and then had 3 in as many years highlights that the UFC love to offer champions shots at other champs in order to create that scenario.

McGregor was just lucky to be the first to have the opportunity. Although that doesn't mean it wasn't a hell of an achievement to make Alvarez look as ordinary as he did.

BJ Penn was the first to have the opportunity.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement