Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Conor Mcgregor arrested again

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,393 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Define Irony a bunch of idiots calling someone a scumbag while talking cheap about his parents.

I'm not sure you understand what irony is.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,939 ✭✭✭pgj2015

Grant Mitchell has balls of pure titanium
    https://youtu.be/wOMxEdH2yK4

its a pity he doesn't give up the acting lark, the SAS could really do with a guy like him in Afghanistan.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭Charles Ingles

Set up for camera

• Registered Users Posts: 25,340 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

McGregor's lawyers have probably already told him that taking the guy's phone away with him was a huge mistake because theft accompanied by violence or the threat of violence is robbery. Had he left the phone on the ground after stamping on it, he could have cut a plea for assault and malicious damage. Even though the phone was probably destroyed, taking it away elevated the offence into felony territory.

He got the felony charges in NY (the incident with the bus and the handcart) dropped and he pleaded guilty to misdemeanour assault, that option may not be on the table this time.

In most US states, getting a felony conviction means you cannot vote or legally hold a firearm. For a non-citizen on a work or visitor visa, it probably means instant deportation.

pgj2015 wrote: »
    its a pity he doesn't give up the acting lark, the SAS could really do with a guy like him in Afghanistan.

He has trained with them and has loads of sas friends.
    You know what sas stands for don't you?
    Super army soldiers

• Advertisement

zapitastas wrote: »
    Ah got you now. So you are claiming the rape conviction was a miscarriage of Justice?

Yes the whole thing was murky from the start.
    But having said that even if he is innocent of this charge, there is strong allegations he molested teddy atlas's neice who was under the age of consent so what goes around comes around.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

coylemj wrote: »
    McGregor's lawyers have probably already told him that taking the guy's phone away with him was a huge mistake because theft accompanied by violence or the threat of violence is robbery. Had he left the phone on the ground after stamping on it, he could have cut a plea for assault and malicious damage. Even though the phone was probably destroyed, taking it away elevated the offence into felony territory.

He got the felony charges in NY (the incident with the bus and the handcart) dropped and he pleaded guilty to misdemeanour assault, that option may not be on the table this time.

In most US states, getting a felony conviction means you cannot vote or legally hold a firearm. For a non-citizen on a work or visitor visa, it probably means instant deportation.

Hopefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,489 ✭✭✭brevity

If he was poor maybe. But he’s rich so he’ll get a fine and community service

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭rafatoni

Vinny Jones is a genuine hardman, I remember once he put it up to the so called hardman grant Mitchell , grant nearly sh*t his pants
    Is he ****. Jones tried it on with tamer hasan and he left him spark out.

No messing with Tamer.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

You gotta admire his work ethic. If at first you don’t succeed…

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Effects

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Don't need to click on that to know what it is. Over hyped nonsense.

Peggy Mitchell wasn't that tough.

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭El_Bee

Effects wrote: »

48 convictions, ffs, you'd be executed by that stage in the US.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

reg114 wrote: »
    Why hasnt he made an honest woman of his missus at this stage either ?

I think anyone with half a brain knows why he hasn't married her, if they get married, she'd have a great claim to half his stuff and thangs. She's still there because she's enjoying the life he provides and she's clearly willing to put up with his nonsense in order to keep enjoying that life.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭jon1981

What was the picture of I wonder ;);)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭VeryTerry

erica74 wrote: »
    I think anyone with half a brain knows why he hasn't married her, if they get married, she'd have a great claim to half his stuff and thangs. She's still there because she's enjoying the life he provides and she's clearly willing to put up with his nonsense in order to keep enjoying that life.

She does anyway. Marriage or not.

VeryTerry wrote: »
    She does anyway. Marriage or not.

How so?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

KevinCavan wrote: »
    Will he get parts in dodgy action movies like Vinnie Jones?

Fatal Deviation II: Deviated Septum

• Registered Users Posts: 5,888 ✭✭✭AtomicHorror

How so?

They have a child together.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

She still will anyway. That changed in about 2010 I think where a common law partner can claim ongoing support along with a share of the estate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,340 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

is_that_so wrote: »
    She still will anyway. That changed in about 2010 I think where a common law partner can claim ongoing support along with a share of the estate.

I'm pretty sure it predates 2010. Whether it applies might depend on which state you're living in. It's called 'palimony' and I think the first case involved Lee Marvin and his live-in girlfriend. He thought he could just dump her but a California judge said otherwise. Another famous victim was Clint Eastwood who was sued by Sondra Lockwood who co-starred with him in a few movies.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

I'm pretty sure it predates 2010. Whether it applies might depend on which state you're living in. It's called 'palimony' and I think the first case involved Lee Marvin and his live-in girlfriend. He thought he could just dump her but a California judge said otherwise. Another famous victim was Clint Eastwood who was sued by Sondra Lockwood who co-starred with him in a few movies.

I meant here. Think our law changed then. Five years I believe is now the minimum.

Ah sure there's my theory out the window:pac:

Ah sure there's my theory out the window:pac:

I was with my missus for 12 years before we got married. Lots of couples that have been together since they were teens don't see the point of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

reg114 wrote: »
    McGregor is the very definition of a car crash. Despite all his money and celebrity status he's had as many brushes with the law as he would have had if he had remained a nobody. Its so ironic, Its like he cant help himself. Its all so very pathetically predictable.

What hasnt helped is neither the American judicial system nor the Irish one have put manners on him. Hes a repeat offender now on both sides of the atlantic and is still getting away with it and he knows it. He should have done time for the bus incident and not the paltry few hours community service and anger management he ended up doing.

Hes just had a baby so why is he in a nightclub at 5am in the first place ?? Why hasnt he made an honest woman of his missus at this stage either ? His moral compass is totally lacking given the potential he could be doing as a role model and ambassador for good.

This whole mess is going in only one direction and it wont end well for him and few people will be sorry. In this day and age of overnight celebrity and riches, Mcgregor is just another t-shirt, he is already yesterdays news.

look who's just quantum leaped in from the 50's, he's living in sin!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

glasso wrote: »
    Moved to the mean streets of Lucan at 13 or 14.

Wonder if he knew those dangerous Jedward brothers :p:p

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭rafatoni

I see the independent saying he could do 15 years.... he wont do an hour behind bars ffs. Rich and famous. Fancy lawyer...

If it was me or you though...........

• Registered Users Posts: 16,291 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

I wonder did he ever do the DNA test for the kid the young wan in England says is his, if she is a mini Mac then she should be entitled to a fair bit of child support I'd imagine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭blueb

It's called a honey trap, it's very strange case Don king was very involved from start to finish

Charles your talking nonsense

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement