Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saturday/Sunday Wintry Potential

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,108 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Crazy they were given clearance to do so.

Oh lorddddddddd

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

Drove past Dublin airport during that shower. Etihad a330 landed right into it. Crazy they were given clearance to do so. I'd say new pants around for the pilots.

It's the pilots' decision whether to land or not, not the tower's. Obviously no problem for them or they would have gone around. Nothing to see here.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,468 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Drove past Dublin airport during that shower. Etihad a330 landed right into it. Crazy they were given clearance to do so. I'd say new pants around for the pilots.

5b7ebf372be4abc6518b521b-750-563.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭Reckless Abandonment

It's the pilots' decision whether to land or not, not the tower's. Obviously no problem for them or they would have gone around. Nothing to see here.

I hear you. but the conditions changed so dramatically in an instant. I'd put my mortgage on that the pilot got a shock on touchdown , lightning flashed 5 second after .

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭Bussywussy

I hear you. but the conditions changed so dramatically in an instant. I'd put my mortgage on that the pilot got a shock on touchdown , lightning flashed 5 second after .

I'd put my mortgage he didn't...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

Big flakes in athenry

Absolutely not. Bread and butter to these guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Very heavy hail shower in cork city ATM and winds have gotten very strong. This will definitely make the temp drop it say

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

I'll send you on bank details for that, or a cheque will do? :pac:

A332 can land in zero visibility. Going around for a light snow shower that they would have been able to see on radar is about equivalent to suggesting a car should jam on the brakes because of a small puddle.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭Reckless Abandonment

sdanseo wrote: »
    I'll send you on bank details for that, or a cheque will do? :pac:

A332 can land in zero visibility. Going around for a light snow shower that they would have been able to see on radar is about equivalent to suggesting a car should jam on the brakes because of a small puddle.

Trust me don't want my mortgage:)
    Have to say if that's bread and butter to them lads. I don't know have the plane gets off the ground with the weight of their b@lls :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,468 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

It's snowing.

Have not seen anything like this....in 1 week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,886 ✭✭✭JanuarySnowstor

Must admit it's been a lot more sleet and wet snow than I thought. Certainly no lying snow as of yet anyway. Intensity of the showers lacking. Met Eireann were forecasting thunderstorms not sure where they seen that in charts?

Must admit it's been a lot more sleet and wet snow than I thought. Certainly no lying snow as of yet anyway. Intensity of the showers lacking. Met Eireann were forecasting thunderstorms not sure where they seen that in charts?

There was a thunderstorm in Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭Artane2002

JCX BXC wrote: »

And they also mentioned isolated thunderstorms. Certainly was isolated because there was no thunder where I live, 5km away from the airport.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭Glebee

Does any of this warrent a yellow warning?

Glebee wrote: »
    Does any of this warrent a yellow warning?

Id say definitely so. The force of the hail, combined with the gusts can cause rapidly deteriorating road conditions.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭squarecircles

jaysus,there's been an awful outbreak of GDS (Greater Dublin Syndrome) this week.

wheres my snow, waaaaaahhhh.

You'd swear nobody lived outside the M50 on boards.ie/weather at times.

its nauseating.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭jirafa

BBC WEATHER - ALINA JENKINS - WEATHER FOR THE WEEK AHEAD. Sunday 10 March 2019.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

JCX BXC wrote: »
    I heard a single rumble, more thundery shower than thunderstorm.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,117 ✭✭✭pad199207

This time last week in Naas

Amidst all the chaos and disruption it was beautiful

A9106-CBF-66-D4-433-A-95-AF-EF45806-D0-C69.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭Cw85

Heavy wet snow falling in Carlow town

jaysus,there's been an awful outbreak of GDS (Greater Dublin Syndrome) this week.

its nauseating.

What's nauseating is this type of comment from the same ole people over and over. It seems nobody from Dublin is allowed to post anymore...

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

its nauseating.

Did not see any of that?

• Registered Users Posts: 917 ✭✭✭Jakey Rolling

These aircraft are rated for Cat III b landings, that's runway visibility of between 50-200m which is primarily for taxiing safety. At typical approach speed anything less than 1km is essentially zero visibility.

100412.2526@compuserve.com

• Registered Users Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭squarecircles

What's nauseating is this type of comment from the same ole people over and over. It seems nobody from Dublin is allowed to post anymore...

it must be indicative of an equally repetitive opposing narrative.

Your rebuttal is equally as repetitive & predictable.

Same ole,same ole,eh Gaoth. ;)

its nauseating.

To be fair Dublin got snow today so I don’t think there was any “where’s my snow, waaaaaaahhh”

Some central areas could have dustings this evening. Dew points are pretty low and showers likely to stay going until later tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Haha take a look at today’s SFERICS before you make such a poorly informed comment.

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Snowbiee21

Snowing @Dublin airport

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

Prolonged spell of fairly heavy snow in Letterkenny, settling on the grass but not amounting to much elsewhere

Advertisement