Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saturday/Sunday Wintry Potential

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭monster1

Just had a quick heavy flurry here in midwes roscommon.. Any chance of some thunder snow?? God I'd love a bit of thunder snow :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭Thrashssacre

Bucketing snow in portarlington

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭daheff

monster1 wrote: »
    Any chance of some thunder snow?? God I'd love a bit of thunder snow :)

I’m gonna be so disappointed now if there isn’t any

• Registered Users Posts: 3,806 ✭✭✭billie1b

Snowbiee21 wrote: »
    Snowing @Dublin airport

Where?? I’m in work and not a drop since 14:30

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

Proper snow in Mountmellick. Tom cat just returned from rambling. So it must be in for the evening. He's no mitcher

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Snowbiee21

It will continue cold and showery this evening. The showers will turn wintrier as temperatures fall to between 0 and +2 degrees. Met.ie update for Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 7,117 ✭✭✭pad199207

Kildangan Co Kildare now

98-CD7864-F01-E-4-D9-C-8114-EDF47-A8-B6519.jpg

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,822 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Big convective showers streaming across the country with the area of LP off the coast of Scotland.

Frequent wintry showers here near Tralee that are intensifying as the day goes on, huge blustery hail shower a while ago.

5.6C
    4.2mm
    Gusting over 70 km/h

GZW9rzY.gif

gxD7ehD.gif

Athy Co Kildare now

6-B836296-63-A2-4518-BEC5-5-E17-BE20983-F.jpg

99-BB19-CE-45-A8-4-FF8-A7-B1-C7-CAB644970-B.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

everything pretty much falling as rain here in Cork still. Hoping we at least get something different soon.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Decent snow shower in Newbridge now

• Registered Users Posts: 10,635 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Decent snow shower in Newbridge now

Didn't make its way as far as Naas.

Didn't make its way as far as Naas.

Newbridge snow I hear isn’t much to go mad about ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

A dusting in Letterkenny now though melting all the while between showers

20190310-172800.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

No snow here where I am in South Kerry but was driving in a hail shower awhile ago. With the strong winds behind it, it was like a scene from Arctic Truckers with the hail being whipped across the roads. Kids loved it. :)

Sleeting in cork city now. When the rain comes so too does the strong wind. Bitterly cold wind too at that

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Snow shower in Dublin 16.

• Registered Users Posts: 761 ✭✭✭Foggy Jew

I honestly thought there was someone with a snow-machine aimed at my west facing wall today at about 1.30. In the height of the Beast from the East & storm Emma I never saw the likes of it. Trim Co Meath. Calm now, but expecting anything.

It's the bally ballyness of it that makes it all seem so bally bally.

A very heavy fall of snow in Naas

• Registered Users Posts: 8,508 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Must admit it's been a lot more sleet and wet snow than I thought. Certainly no lying snow as of yet anyway. Intensity of the showers lacking. Met Eireann were forecasting thunderstorms not sure where they seen that in charts?

Your some man for the Met Eireann digs, plenty of recorded lightening activity showing on the readily available charts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭je551e

Some thunder here in Kerry

• Registered Users Posts: 10,635 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

pad199207 wrote: »
    A very heavy fall of snow in Naas

Decent covering alright

Really heavy sheets of rain in cork city ATM. Wind is strong again with it

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Mullaghteelin

Foggy Jew wrote: »
    I honestly thought there was someone with a snow-machine aimed at my west facing wall today at about 1.30. In the height of the Beast from the East & storm Emma I never saw the likes of it. Trim Co Meath. Calm now, but expecting anything.

I was convinced I heard a rumble of thunder off to the southwest, and was surprised to see the lightning charts showing something over south Meath. That's quite a distance from here. The sky was very dark and menacing but it must have been further away than it looked. A real monster.
    I think the worst precipitation passed me to the south, but I still had some really nasty winds as the edge of it passed over.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,542 ✭✭✭bassy

snowing again here now in north kilkenny its like a swirling.

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭limericklad87

Foggy Jew wrote: »

I was convinced I heard a rumble of thunder off to the southwest, and was surprised to see the lightning charts showing something over south Meath. That's quite a distance from here. The sky was very dark and menacing but it must have been further away than it looked. A real monster.
    I think the worst precipitation passed me to the south, but I still had some really nasty winds as the edge of it passed over.

Thunder and lightning earlier today in Limerick

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭Santy2015

There was massive thunder near kanturk cork 15 min ago

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

A light dusting of snow now in Castlebar.

Cork seems to just be on the snow/rain border. Hoping it moves further south soon that snow line :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭MidMan25

Cork seems to just be on the snow/rain border. Hoping it moves further south soon that snow line :p

The iPhone weather app (Which is admittedly not the most accurate) has the rain turning to snow for Cork from 10 on. Let's see!

Advertisement