Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gardaí contact Louth family after Irish woman is detained in Syria

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,268 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

She made her choice. Now she can reap the consequences.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭Giveaway

biko wrote: »
    Extremist Islam must be really concerned about the amount of psycopaths that take one look at it and conclude, "yup that's for me". Bad for image and all

pjohnson wrote: »
    She made her choice. Now she can reap the consequences.
    Government jet home. Welfare for life or career as human rights activist. And a slot on the late late show but may have to share with Irish Sam and his libyan adventure. Oh yeah and the book deal(ghostwritten by somebody who works in amnesty international)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,423 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

A terrorist from Louth....never thought I'd see the day.

Should not be allowed back in the country

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,841 ✭✭✭Squatter

Giveaway wrote: »
    Government jet home. Welfare for life or career as human rights activist. And a slot on the late late show but may have to share with Irish Sam and his libyan adventure. Oh yeah and the book deal(ghostwritten by somebody who works in amnesty international)

Does she not need to be adopted as "a cause" by Sinn Fein's Lynn Boylan before she'll get all that stuff?

• Advertisement

Squatter wrote: »
    Does she not need to be adopted as "a cause" by Sinn Fein's Lynn Boylan before she'll get all that stuff?

No any sinn fein/united left alliance/ppp activist will do

• Registered Users Posts: 8,363 ✭✭✭corner of hells

Squatter wrote: »

What's Arabic for "foreva home" ?

Would love if some Yazidis sued her through our courts for the crimes perpetrated and she has to sell all her assets here to compensate them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

I'd have her back if we can send Zappone & Bacik to live in her camp forever.

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭Tacklebox

Would love is some Yazidis sued her through our courts for the crimes perpetrated and she has to sell all her assets here to compensate them

Now you're talking, but sure you'll get the usual sympathetic people who will be screaming about how we're a Liberal country and she's entitled to a fair trial.

The other thread which was interesting was doing well until the usual type of hippie came in and threw a spanner in the works.

The the mod locked it because someone was getting very aggressive with their views, giving people history lessons and attacking people left right and center.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,685 ✭✭✭Signore Fancy Pants

Bayt Dayimaan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

Shes an Irish citizen at the end of the day, we can't turn our backs on her. Our compassion is what separates us from evil isis

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Shes an Irish citizen at the end of the day, we can't turn our backs on her. Our compassion is what separates us from evil isis

Read that as end of the road and it fit suprisingly well with the message you're putting out there.

EOTR of course. Also remember one of the mods of the now defunct islam forum(or the same username at least) tries the gentle redirect/think of their rights stick while never revealing his backround.

I agree with people having rights, but when it comes to what she did its best to leave her in limbo forever.

Dont take her back, I know her parents will love her no matter what she did no fault of her loved ones.
    Some parents have unconditional love for their kids, its just the it is.

She must have been a prominent member of her team of choice, she actually made it to their last stronghold.

She definitely will be shell shocked and well radicalised, and she's definitely seen a lot of action and if she's had 5 years of military training by our armed forces, she definitely knows how to look after herself.

After all from what I heard the ladies in the Irish army are well able to stay on target.

She made her choice, it was a bad choice.

Anyhow its her life, absolutely destroyed and never to see an Irish sunrise again, never to smell the Atlantic sea air again, never to wake uo up and see the rain hop off the window....

No more drives to Galway, seeing the Christmas lights and experiencing our culture... gone forever.

No doubt she though of all this...

Gone forever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Perifect

Irish people joined and still join the British army, aren't they allowed back in?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,363 ✭✭✭corner of hells

Perifect wrote: »
    Irish people joined and still join the British army, aren't they allowed back in?

Feck off you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

A terrorist from Louth....never thought I'd see the day.

Should not be allowed back in the country

You've never been to Dundalk so. :D

Definitely agree all the same though, look for however it can be done to keep her out. She made the decision to fight against us, and just like that Begum one in the UK she can stay fecked off.

Only issue, and a potentially big one, is how. Shemima Begum also had Pakistan citizenship if I recall - doubt something similar will be the case here. Maybe the Syrians or Kurds or someone else may want to hold on to her for questioning etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Perifect wrote: »
    Are you equating the British army and ISIS?

No, isis never committed mass murder here.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭corminators

Revoke her passport if she has IS citizenship now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭Topgear on Dave

I don't think Isis have killed anyone here.

Looking at overall body counts, the BA has probably killed far more in the middle East than isis.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn

She’s an Irish citizen. I’d be happy with her getting tried in Syria as it happens but many of the people who hate Islamic radicals hate Assad and he’s the authority there.

If not there, here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn

Revoke her passport if she has IS citizenship now.

You don’t want to give government that power.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 PooPooPooPoo

Let's call this like it is.

Leave this viper in a cell to rot. ISIS have planned attacks on Dublin before (irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/irish-woman-claims-isis-cell-discussed-terror-attack-in-dublin-1.3232377?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter) so he likes of this tramp can stay where she is.

She would use the cause of ISIS to kill her own people. Not one penny of taxpayer's money should be spent on repatriation.

She is nothing more than a detestable traitor and must be treated at such.

A rope is too good for her.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

Unfortunately, she's our moron and we'll have to take her back if she can make her way. If this was a Begum-like case (citizenship by acquisition) and she had access to another nationality, I'd say scr*w her.

Can she be charged with membership of an illegal organisation when she returns?

Let's call this like it is.

Leave this viper in a cell to rot. ISIS have planned attacks on Dublin before (irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/irish-woman-claims-isis-cell-discussed-terror-attack-in-dublin-1.3232377?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter) so he likes of this tramp can stay where she is.

She would use the cause of ISIS to kill her own people. Not one penny of taxpayer's money should be spent on repatriation.

She is nothing more than a detestable traitor and must be treated at such.

A rope is too good for her.

Again, the only difference between isis and the British army from the above is that the British army actually did attack Dublin! And many other areas.

I'm not being funny, why wouldn't we accept this woman back? We've accepted worse back.

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭El_Bee

if that guy who got lost on the way to the movies and ended up accidentally giving a speech to the muslim brotherhood in Egypt is anything to go by she'll be hailed as a hero when she gets back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭El Tarangu

Yurt! wrote: »
    Unfortunately, she's our moron and we'll have to take her back if she can make her way. If this was a Begum-like case (citizenship by acquisition) and she had access to another nationality, I'd say scr*w her.

Can she be charged with membership of an illegal organisation when she returns?

Agreed.

I hope that the Syrians lock her up and throw away the key; failing that, if she is deported back, I hope she faces a good long stretch here instead.

People saying that 'she shouldn't be allowed back' aren't really taking into account the reality of the situation - if an Irish citizen was convicted of rape in Australia, and the authorities there wanted to deport them after serving their sentence, the Irish government couldn't say "no thanks, you hang on to them there".

El Tarangu wrote: »
    Agreed.

I hope that the Syrians lock her up and throw away the key; failing that, if she is deported back, I hope she faces a good long stretch here instead.

People saying that 'she shouldn't be allowed back' aren't really taking into account the reality of the situation - if an Irish citizen was convicted of rape in Australia, and the authorities there wanted to deport them after serving their sentence, the Irish government couldn't say "no thanks, you hang on to them there".

Sure give her the maximum sentence in Iraq or Syria.

Then she can come back, by then she'll be so old she wouldn't be capable of doing much to be honest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭Aint Eazy Being Cheezy

So she’s discovering being with Isis isn’t all summer camps in the Tora Bora, and cruelty to animals.

There’s downsides to it too.

Advertisement