Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

6 Nations 2019 Build Up thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

As poor as Scotland are, if recent history is anything to go by, they pose a much bigger threat to Wales than we do.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

troyzer wrote: »
    Laidlaw benched, interesting.

A great day for the parish!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,319 ✭✭✭jasonb

Not too certain where to ask this question, so please move it somewhere else if it's wrong here, but it does involve the outcome of 6 Nations matches so I thought I'd ask here.

After we beat the All Blacks a few months ago there was a lot of talk about Ireland becoming Number 1 in the World Rankings if we won our first couple of 6 Nations Games. We didn't have to win all of them, just the first two (I think?) Obviously losing to England made a mess of that, but I was wondering, can Ireland still get to Number 1? If we beat France and Wales, would that do it? Just curious really, any searching I do online only brings up articles from Nov after we beat the All Blacks, nothing more recent.

Thanks...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭joseywhales

Matt Williams telling us that townsend is still getting to grips with international coaching is pretty rich.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

jasonb wrote: »
    Not too certain where to ask this question, so please move it somewhere else if it's wrong here, but it does involve the outcome of 6 Nations matches so I thought I'd ask here.

After we beat the All Blacks a few months ago there was a lot of talk about Ireland becoming Number 1 in the World Rankings if we won our first couple of 6 Nations Games. We didn't have to win all of them, just the first two (I think?) Obviously losing to England made a mess of that, but I was wondering, can Ireland still get to Number 1? If we beat France and Wales, would that do it? Just curious really, any searching I do online only brings up articles from Nov after we beat the All Blacks, nothing more recent.

Thanks...
    We wont gain many ranking points for beating France as theyre so far behind us in the rankings but if we beat Wales we'll go closer to number 1 but we cant make number 1 in the six nations

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,319 ✭✭✭jasonb

We wont gain many ranking points for beating France as theyre so far behind us in the rankings but if we beat Wales we'll go closer to number 1 but we cant make number 1 in the six nations

Thanks for replying, I appreciate it. Just shows how one loss can make all the difference, both in the Rankings and in the 6 Nations!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,881 ✭✭✭Dickie10

yeah i hear people talking as if england are going to win the chamionship tomorrow , i think wales have the grand slam to lose to be honest. wales going for a grand slam in cardiff is a huge task for ireland espically with ireland out of the running for anything. i would actually fear for us in cardiff. we have been very dead in ourselves the whole championship if we go there in current form they will win by 20 points

Great interview with Liam Williams there on BBC.
    I didn't realise he went working in the steel mills after school having been rejected from the Ospreys.
    Certainly explains why he had a chip on his shoulder early on.
    Came across very well.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,734 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Hope Scotland make a game of it!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,734 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

Next game is a tough one to call
    Exactly how many trys are England going to score?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Wales are playing with a lot of confidence. They were under severe pressure in that second half but didn't buckle when Scotland we're making line breaks and getting close to their line. They were confident in their defence and didn't make silly mistakes.

Big contrast with Ireland who look very shaky when things start going against them.

Next game is a tough one to call
    Exactly how many trys are England going to score?
    I don't think they'll get the bonus, here's hoping, if they kick to Hayward it won't go well for them

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭Thrashssacre

Conor ó shea to shock us all with a new tactical masterclass purely too piss off eddie Jones

ITV going with all English in the studio. FFS.

I look forward to the token touch line comments from token Italian.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭jr86

I don't think they'll get the bonus, here's hoping, if they kick to Hayward it won't go well for them

Really? Could see England getting 8 tries never mind 4

Italians with the best lineout rate so far, hope they cause the English all sorts of bother there.

Italy just so dissapointing, awful decisions making the second they get on the ball

Never a pen for England. Cokanasinga never released the tackle them bellyflopped all over the ball.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭mangobob

sinckler wtf lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

It’s genuinely good to see a team playing at and coming onto the ball at pace.

Nick Mullins love in for Cockansiga is a but much.

Great break from Allan!

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭steves2

Yes! Allan with the try.

The casualness of the commentary for Italy's try there as if they thought they couldn't possibly score.
    It's like watching a fan channel.

That was fantastic phase play from Italy, great passing too.

Shocking......

Awful attempted tackle from Esposito.

That's as bad as Sean French's miss from last night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Cheap as ****.

Advertisement