Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

6 Nations 2019 Build Up thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,199 ✭✭✭troyzer

Anjobe wrote: »
    Biggar should be OK, but surely Anscombe will start?

He can't kick for ****. If Halfpenny was healthy then yeah, you'd start Anscombe.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,197 ✭✭✭✭Buer

troyzer wrote: »
    He can't kick for ****. If Halfpenny was healthy then yeah, you'd start Anscombe.

He had a poor day against France. He's at 85% for the season though which is a hell of a lot higher than Halfpenny was last season.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭Anjobe

Buer wrote: »
    He had a poor day against France. He's at 85% for the season though which is a hell of a lot higher than Halfpenny was last season.

..and apart from being big and physical, kicking it is pretty much all Biggar can do - if Wales think that will be enough on Saturday then good luck to them!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,199 ✭✭✭troyzer

troyzer wrote: »

I'll stand corrected in that case. I haven't seen much of him with the Blues but my understanding was that he was seen as a kicking liability.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,696 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Scotland squad update here:

Duncan Weir, Magnus Bradbury (back-row), Dougie Fife (wing) and James Johnstone (centre), and Glasgow Warriors front-row forwards Zander Fagerson (tighthead prop) and George Turner (hooker) added.

Hogg won't make it, looks like Russell out too.

http://www.scottishrugby.org/news/19/02/18/six-added-scotland-squad

• Advertisement

French team out early here. Team going off the rails and talk of a player mutiny in a RWC year? Could set your watch to it..

https://www.the42.ie/france-team-to-face-scotland-six-nations-4500957-Feb2019/

• Subscribers Posts: 41,236 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Eod100 wrote: »
    French team out early here. Team going off the rails and talk of a player mutiny in a RWC year? Could set your watch to it..

https://www.the42.ie/france-team-to-face-scotland-six-nations-4500957-Feb2019/

its like a game of craps where brunel just throws the die and sees how they fall.

this time at least hes found a 15 to play at 15 and at least one winger in the right position.... and im excited to see ntamack go at 10 with dupont..... could be quite creative.

sydthebeat wrote: »
    its like a game of craps where brunel just throws the die and sees how they fall.

this time at least hes found a 15 to play at 15 and at least one winger in the right position.... and im excited to see ntamack go at 10 with dupont..... could be quite creative.

Yeah it's a funny one. Team performs inconsistency but then solution is inconsistent team selections..

Scotland squad update here:

Duncan Weir, Magnus Bradbury (back-row), Dougie Fife (wing) and James Johnstone (centre), and Glasgow Warriors front-row forwards Zander Fagerson (tighthead prop) and George Turner (hooker) added.

Hogg won't make it, looks like Russell out too.

http://www.scottishrugby.org/news/19/02/18/six-added-scotland-squad

Russell confirmed as being out for France match.

http://www.scottishrugby.org/news/19/02/19/russell-ruled-out-french-test

Apparently Scotland have never won in Paris in 6N. I know they have loads of injuries but would have thought this season is best chance in a while. With Hogg and Russell out maybe unlikely. PP has them at 15/8.

• Advertisement

SRU could be added to the list. On separate injury news, Ashton out for Wales game.

https://www.rte.ie/sport/rugby/2019/0217/1031172-finn-russell-an-injury-doubt-for-scotland/

Add Italian union to that. Parisse out. Big loss for Italy.

https://twitter.com/PlanetRugby/status/1097839313369346048

all the money is following france... gone from - 4 to -6 this morning

• Registered Users Posts: 37,999 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

imo England BP win (any win actually) this weekend will basically win them in title with there last 2 games being at home too Italy and Scotland. Think they will win handy

Sergio a huge loss for Italy and we should have a bp win agaisnt them

France vs Scotland could go anyway but think Scotland will do it if theres trouble in the french camp again

• Registered Users Posts: 11,276 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Scottish players will do everything within their power to avoid playing for Scotland at this point. Josh Strauss lost his passport and it was too late to get a replacement. Unfortunately for him, the SRU were able to resolve the issue somehow.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/rugby-union/47305772

That is a massively uninspiring team. Horne only getting his 3rd start at outhalf for Scotland. Johnson getting his 3rd cap. Grigg getting his 7th cap.

If France can't beat a team with that backrow and halfbacks, they're more f*cked than I thought.

Grigg doesn't look the biggest of lads. I know Bastareud has a few stone on most opposition centres but still..

thats a very settled team

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,358 Mod ✭✭✭✭aloooof

sydthebeat wrote: »
    thats a very settled team

Amazing when you think of how many question marks there were, over various combinations. before the start tournament.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Jesus, I'd be tearing my hair out if I were a Scottish fan.
    Horne over Hastings is a shítshow of a move, 3 meaningful games away from the WC surely you'd want to see what Hastings is made of in a "backs to the wall" type game?

Grigg is a tough ol fella if Bastareud isn't in the mood he could be shown up.

Bradbury gets away with murder it has to be said, he needs to hit the ground running here big time. Having the mother in high places helps, no doubt.

razorblunt wrote: »
    Jesus, I'd be tearing my hair out if I were a Scottish fan.
    Horne over Hastings is a shítshow of a move, 3 meaningful games away from the WC surely you'd want to see what Hastings is made of in a "backs to the wall" type game?

Hastings didn't make the 23 for the Irish game, lost his Glasgow spot for one of the Champions Cup games in January too and was only on the bench for Glasgow again this weekend just gone.

I don't know what he's done or has his form dropped that sharply but he's definitely not flavour of the month in Scotland with selectors at the moment.

Wales.png

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭hahashake

Still blows my mind how Hadleigh Parkes went from weak link at an already poor Blues side to regular international. Fair play to him though, obviously his skill set suits the system in Wales.

Other guys like Maitland, Aki, Anscombe etc. are not hugely surprising as they were always decent enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,972 ✭✭✭Yeah_Right

hahashake wrote: »
    Still blow my mind how Hadleigh Parkes went from weak link at an already poor Blues side to regular international. Fair play to him though, obviously his skill set suits the system in Wales.

Other guys like Maitland, Aki, Anscombe etc. are not hugely surprising as they were always decent enough.

I agree about Parkes. Can't believe he's playing test rugby. He's earned it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 971 ✭✭✭bob mcbob

Hastings didn't make the 23 for the Irish game, lost his Glasgow spot for one of the Champions Cup games in January too and was only on the bench for Glasgow again this weekend just gone.

I don't know what he's done or has his form dropped that sharply but he's definitely not flavour of the month in Scotland with selectors at the moment.

He was a regular with Glasgow until the Edinburgh derby games over Xmas and New Year, where he was terrible.

Since then he has been trying to get his place back in the Glasgow team.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,276 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Roof open on saturday at England's request

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭Jewelers

Grigg doesn't look the biggest of lads. I know Bastareud has a few stone on most opposition centres but still..

grigg is class

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭Jewelers

Burkie1203 wrote: »
    Roof open on saturday at England's request

ha love it :D

Advertisement