Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Suicide Squad Sequel

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Dwayne Dibbley would have been a step up from Will Smith, but Idris himself?

Feck yeah! :D:pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Not a bad replacement, though Elba seems to be popping up in everything these days; busy man. Possibly also rules him out of contention to be the new James Bond?

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Is he not too black to play Will Smith?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

First one was terrible. I hope that abomination of the Joker doesn't make a return. Truly awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,270 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Jai Courtney returning as Captain Boomerang.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Xodar

1st one was total shít (as a movie) why bother with a sequel?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,981 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Xodar wrote: »

Made a huge amount of money and that's all that matters

• Registered Users Posts: 5,123 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Good to see Courtney back he was one of the few highlights of the first.

• Registered Users Posts: 84,807 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Benicio del Toro is reportedly being considered for the character of The General

https://theplaylist.net/benicio-del-toro-suicide-squad-supergirl-20190602/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭khaldrogo

The only question anyone wants answered is, is Margot back too???

• Advertisement

khaldrogo wrote: »
    The only question anyone wants answered is, is Margot back too???

Yes

https://deadline.com/2019/08/suicide-squad-taika-waititi-in-talks-to-star-james-gunn-dc-film-cast-1202704115/

Taika Waititi (Thor director) and Nathan Fillion also join

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Huh...might actually be good!

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 11,170 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Xodar wrote: »

alZuaVJ.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

I sense money being pumped into this film.

LOTS of Money!

Peter Capaldi and Pete Davidson join

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭ziedth

Starting to turn into a fairly decent cast. has it been confirmed that Idris Elba is playing Deadshot? I seem to remember reading that Will Smith wouldn't be in the sequel but could return. I Actually found him and Margot Robbie to be the only two redeeming parts of the first.

ziedth wrote: »
    Starting to turn into a fairly decent cast. has it been confirmed that Idris Elba is playing Deadshot? I seem to remember reading that Will Smith wouldn't be in the sequel but could return. I Actually found him and Margot Robbie to be the only two redeeming parts of the first.

I think Idris is playing a new character now

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Peter Capaldi and Pete Davidson join

Given Capaldi's role as the Doctor, I initially read the second name as Peter Davison, and got all confused about two Doctors appearing in this :D

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭ziedth

I think Idris is playing a new character now

I think that is the best call. Smith is probably seeing how this one plays out and he'll go from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭Niska

pixelburp wrote: »
    Given Capaldi's role as the Doctor, I initially read the second name as Peter Davison, and got all confused about two Doctors appearing in this :D

You're not the only one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭dubstepper

The first film was awful. Jared Leto's Joker was terrible. Really terrible. Was he playing him as some form of sex deviant? The antagonists had no real menace to them. The heroes were not given enough of a backstory to make them really be anti heroes. Absolute mess of a film.

Will probably watch the second one tho'

• Registered Users Posts: 15,511 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

I must be in the minority as I enjoyed the first film and am looking forward to the second one.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,170 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

AMKC wrote: »
    I must be in the minority as I enjoyed the first film and am looking forward to the second one.

Here's the thing... it's not as bad as people say. It'll entertain you for the running time and that's all a movie has to do. Could it have been better? Sure. Was Jared Leto terrible as the joker? Absolutely :pac: But it's not the worst movie a person could ever see.

But let's be honest if it was such the turd of a movie for the studio money wise and secondly, critically, they wouldn't be making a sequel.

If you're willing or able to look past the structural flaws, bad characters, pacing problems and total mess of a plot, then sure; the film is superficially entertaining, in that it has action set-pieces and nominal excitement. But for me, it's entirely as bad as people say: speaking with a film critic hat on, its script is so horrendously bad, and the structure of the film so all over the place (the editing given to the marketing firm who cut that popular trailer), I can't look past the chaos. What's more, it was often boring chaos, featuring two (two!) "meet the team" segments, then forgot to introduce two members anyway, and added some quick "oh by the way, here's Slipknot and random-katana-lady".

Maybe one day, the original Ayer cut will find its way to a home release, and we'll get a better sense of the shape of the thing originally. As it stands, it was edited by a marketing company.

The official cast has been confirmed via director James Gunns Twitter;

https://www.twitter.com/JamesGunn/status/1172598575257346049

• Registered Users Posts: 5,123 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

pixelburp wrote: »
    The official cast has been confirmed via director James Gunns Twitter;

https://www.twitter.com/JamesGunn/status/1172598575257346049

Joel Kinnamon....didn't believe he'd be back.

Peter Capaldi and Michael Rooker...colour me interested.

Taika Wakiki.....has to be some absurd chi character he's voicing. Would love it if he was physically and visibly acting here. Makes me think Gunn has put something seriously good together.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,472 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Nathan Fillion, I'm all in!

• Registered Users Posts: 60,270 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

How much money would Disney pay Gunn to tank it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

John Cena in too

Last film I saw him in was the wall. I reckon he can do serious with the right director. Gunn might be more a comedic director. Cena can probably do comedic too.

Advertisement