Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The early wildcard v the dgw wildcard

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

How are the early WCers finding it this year?
    I WC’d in 23 as my team was a shambles, had a few meh weeks mainly due to Aguero going mad but since then it’s taken off mainly due to my strategy around 31/33.
    I’d expect the late WC’ers to make up ground in 34/35 where I’ve to take hits but overall I’m happy with my decision

So far

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Also interesting to see the giving out about spurs and Leicester being out of the cup, this year you could argue about the late reorganisation of games. I guess there’s always going to be something to throw things off

• Registered Users Posts: 48,137 ✭✭✭✭km79

Green&Red wrote: »
    I WC’d in 23 as my team was a shambles, had a few meh weeks mainly due to Aguero going mad but since then it’s taken off mainly due to my strategy around 31/33.
    I’d expect the late WC’ers to make up ground in 34/35 where I’ve to take hits but overall I’m happy with my decision

So far

I’ve gone from 50 behind in main league to 10 clear
    I’ve moved up to 18k in OR
    I’m hapoy to have used it and it has worked well so far

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

I WCed before the last double and brought in Aguero, Laporte and Sane, among others, and partially set ip for the blanks and doubles. 2/3 City players worked a treat - between that week and the next I moved from 120k stagnation to 50k. I might suffer later but I won't regret WCing early.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,910 ✭✭✭✭CSF

So far
    It’s going well for me so far, I’ve risen to approx 3k from approx 12k after wildcarding in GW23.

It’s a success until people start bridging that back in when I’m wildcard and bench boostless later.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

So far

Early Wildcarder here.

I WC'd going into GW23 and have not used any other chips in the 8 GW's.

I have risen from OR 50k to OR 6k. Looking at the leaderboards if I consolidated and stayed around that position I would be 70 points behind

I appreciate there were other decisions along the way (DGW25) which helped along the way but I feel the WC has been the main reason in here as I didn't have Aguero c in the DGW & I didn't triple captain.

My team was in a mess and it needed work.

However, I know the real story will be told in the coming weeks when after GW33, alot of players will be WC with the remainder of season in mind & the DGW.

I still have all other chips so will be interesting to see

Advertisement