Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wales v England

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

Amprodude wrote: »
    Still they didn't beat them. They just never believe it and then they will play Ireland and have the performance of their lives.
    You must have missed the World Cup

Also, England 62 wins, Wales 56 wins.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Amprodude

bilston wrote: »
    Typically unpretty and physical encounter between these sides.

I wouldn't be surprised to see England win this by 15-20 points from here.

Wales have to score first in the second half #captainobvious

Wales are a beaten team. They won't do nothing in the 2nd half and England will sail to victory.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭TheCitizen

Not a rugby expert. Was that illegal when the English player burrowed through the ruck and slapped the ball out before England went and scored the try?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,181 ✭✭✭crisco10

troyzer wrote: »
    They're rushing up before the ball is out constantly. It's why Wales are finding it impossible to move forward, they're being tackled before they can even tuck the ball.

They are defo working hard to be off the blocks, but it is also clever that the ruck is 1-2m shorter because no one is on the english side of the ruck.

Wales need to pick and drive more like they did in the 22 that time.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,199 ✭✭✭troyzer

crisco10 wrote: »
    They're rushing up before the ball is out constantly. It's why Wales are finding it impossible to move forward, they're being tackled before they can even tuck the ball.

They are defo working hard to be off the blocks, but it is also clever that the ruck is 1-2m shorter because no one is on the english side of the ruck.

Wales need to pick and drive more like they did in the 22 that time.

They're losing the collisions though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭gooch2k9

The two or three times I've caught a good view of the line it looks like they're onside, but their linespeed is then impressive.

I'm more annoyed at their blatant blocking on kicks. Peyper is never going to call them on it.

gooch2k9 wrote: »

The two or three times I've caught a good view of the line it looks like they're onside, but their linespeed is then impressive.

I'm more annoyed at their blatant blocking on kicks. Peyper is never going to call them on it.

They're not always offside but they are a lot.

What channel are you watching it on? Virgin media are showing it wide and it's jaw dropping how blatant they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,191 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Amprodude wrote: »
    You must have missed last year's game. Wales were robbed in Twickenham.

Still they didn't beat them. They just never believe it and then they will play Ireland and have the performance of their lives.
    Have you seen some of the results in this fixture in modern times? Wales are a bogey side for England. Wales have been a mediocre side for the last few years and England have been at their best for almost 20 years yet it's always a one score game.

England would hate to come up against them in the RWC again. Wales have absolutely no fear of them.

They're not always offside but they are a lot.

What channel are you watching it on? Virgin media are showing it wide and it's jaw dropping how blatant they are.

On the BBC iplayer, possibly the BBC are complicit! I'll try keep an eye out more.

They're losing the collisions though.

Except for when they picked closely. They got the 3 from it.

I agree anytime they've put air on the ball they got hammered behind gainline.

• Advertisement

Pretty sure Anscombe took the ball to his plums there.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Kyle Sinkler is a really dislikeable player

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭conor678

The ref is killing the rythmn of the game. Terrible carry on from peyper

How is punching someone worse than grabbing someone by the throat? Frankly this game could do with a few slaps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Wheres Me Jumper?

Good kick

conor678 wrote: »
    The ref is killing the rythmn of the game. Terrible carry on from peyper

I disagree. England's ability to get away with murder to this point has been killing it more.

Peyper may have been given a stern talking to at half time

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭conor678

I disagree. England's ability to get away with murder to this point has been killing it more.

Do you reckon? I don't see a massive change in his performance. Still massively inconsistent

conor678 wrote: »

Do you reckon? I don't see a massive change in his performance. Still massively inconsistent

He's actually starting to call offside now.

Sinckler is going to get carded here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Wheres Me Jumper?

Off

• Advertisement

Madness.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Amprodude

Buer wrote: »
    Have you seen some of the results in this fixture in modern times? Wales are a bogey side for England. Wales have been a mediocre side for the last few years and England have been at their best for almost 20 years yet it's always a one score game.

England would hate to come up against them in the RWC again. Wales have absolutely no fear of them.

England have still beaten Wales and moral victories don't count.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,760 ✭✭✭✭bilston

Jaco Peyper "he held his line"

B****X he did

Anyone see Tuilagi's monstrous hit on Liam Williams and fair play to Williams he was laughing about it at the bottom of the ruck. Proper rugby.

Would Wales not have preffered a penalty from where anscombs chip landed tho?

Peyper infuriates me as a ref.

How is Sinckler still on the pitch!

How is Sinckler getting away with this ****? He nearly ripped his head off.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭mangobob

Held his line my arse.

bilston wrote: »
    Jaco Peyper "he held his line"

B****X he did

Anyone see Tuilagi's monstrous hit on Liam Williams and fair play to Williams he was laughing about it at the bottom of the ruck. Proper rugby.

Yeah, Williams is classy like that. Loved it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,164 ✭✭✭A-Train

How is Jaco still reffing international matches, every match he refs the same issues.

• Advertisement

That's pathetic from Peyper. And now England get to sub Sinckler off without losing a player.

Advertisement