Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wales v England

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,233 ✭✭✭ClanofLams

John Inverdale on BBC “Logic has no place in sports does it” - Its not that much of a shock John....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,525 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

Some savage hits in that game,face on Jonny May,delighted!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

What just happened there. Some comment about no place for that on live TV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Amprodude

Weepsie wrote: »
    That's 58 for wales, 62 for England.

I'm delighted for Wales and hands up I called it wrong but aren't surprises nice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,415 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Me oh my I have enjoyed that yes boy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Wheres Me Jumper?

Wales can win this i feel
    Amprodude wrote: »
    Can and wanting are two different meanings

;)

• Site Banned Posts: 20,686 ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Also, couldn't have happened to a nicer group. Warren Gatland was right about Sinckler too. He's a liability in terms of his sheer stupidty at times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,375 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

Well don't we love Wales again*. Great win. And no LBP for England.

*At least for a while. ;)

;)

I'm delighted you got it right and I got it wrong. Well done.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

That was a great fecking watch, really enjoyed that. Brilliantly done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,811 ✭✭✭✭bilston

We could have a crazy final day if results go according to plan over the next 4 matches

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

ClanofLams wrote: »
    John Inverdale on BBC “Logic has no place in sports does it” - Its not that much of a shock John....
    Bit of an exaggeration alright, they came from 7 points down, not 30 :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,541 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

My god. Wales thoroughly deserve that victory against England. Eddie's men yet again are well & truly stuffed.

Féckin' lovely. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭cmac2009

ClanofLams wrote: »

Logic has no place in the world of sports presenters either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

England far too dependent on kicking being spot on. As we well know, easy to go awry.

• Advertisement

I'll just leave this here.......

I hold my hands up for my stupidity but I didn't see it coming to be honest. I'm delighted Wales proved me wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,597 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Fair play to the welsh. Great finish. England seemed to run out of ideas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,161 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

It was the proverbial 'game of two halves'. But I could see them winning even before they got their first try : they were putting Eng under ferocious pressure and looked like they had a try or two in them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Strazdas wrote: »
    Ireland will love playing in that environment though, everyone expecting the home team to win

It's great for our WC chances btw that Wales and England are making loads of headlines and we're nearly being forgotten

It will be a fantastic finishing game for the Irish team. Playing as the spoilers is next best thing if you can't win it from a motivation standpoint.

We could have been looking into a final day with England strolling to a GS but now it will have a bit of drama to it. Nice one.

For some reason I expected Farrell to sound like a poshie. True northern lad! :)

• Advertisement

TBH i dint think many would have backed them today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,457 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Ireland will need three bonus point wins to be in the running at the end really. Tall order

Strazdas wrote: »
    It was the proverbial 'game of two halves'. But I could see them winning even before they got their first try : they were putting Eng under ferocious pressure and looked like they had a try or two in them

They played very well especially in the 2nd half and truly deserved the win.

I hold my hands up for my stupidity but I didn't see it coming to be honest. I'm delighted Wales proved me wrong.

Anyone can be beaten on their day. Wales do tend to get better as they go on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,250 ✭✭✭✭flazio

is_that_so wrote: »
    For some reason I expected Farrell to sound like a poshie. True northern lad! :)

Nah if he were proper Northern he'd be playin i'league

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Weepsie wrote: »
    Also, couldn't have happened to a nicer group. Warren Gatland was right about Sinckler too. He's a liability in terms of his sheer stupidty at times.

How soon after the game before he is cited for some of his behavior this evening.

lawred2 wrote: »
    Ireland will need three bonus point wins to be in the running at the end really. Tall order

Schmidt is OK with top 2, still a possibility.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭GDK_11

I love the 6 nations. Best team won on the day, no complaints.

Despite what some people think there is very little between England, Wales and Ireland on any given day, bounce of a ball and all that.

It’s only a game after all!!!!

flazio wrote: »
    Nah if he were proper Northern he'd be playin i'league
    Aye, but accent a bit incongruous in rugger!

It will be a fantastic finishing game for the Irish team. Playing as the spoilers is next best thing if you can't win it from a motivation standpoint.

We could have been looking into a final day with England strolling to a GS but now it will have a bit of drama to it. Nice one.

Even if we lose narrowly to the Welsh, it will be no dent at all to our WC aspirations. It's a hell of a strong 6N this year.

The only thing we wouldn't want would be taking a hammering (but I don't see that happening).

• Advertisement

how "not so good" does that Welsh win make Ireland look?

Anyone watching this on Rugbypass? The interviewer was shouting into the mic several times that Williams wasn't doing an interview before someone pulled the mic away from her.

Reckon Welsh game will be tight, probably one score in it.

• Site Banned Posts: 20,686 ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

cmac2009 wrote: »
    Logic has no place in the world of sports presenters either.

He has a history of saying stupid, and borderline offensive things. Given the age we live in, I'm half surprised he still has a role at the BBC.

Makes the 6n very interesting in the coming weeks. We will have it all to play for against Wales.

We had a bad day at the office. We didn't suddenly become a bad team. We'll be up for the Cardiff game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭gooch2k9

Mint Sauce wrote: »
    How soon after the game before he is cited for some of his behavior this evening.

Don't think there were any red card worthy offences. Nothing really worth citing, certainly worthy of a yellow.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,674 ✭✭✭obi604

Exact same here. First time hearing him talk.

Three close teams. England absolutely had to show up in Dublin, they were in desperate need of a scalp and we were not up for it on the day and badly missing a full back given how England went about their game plan.

Williams neutered them today. England are a team that are utterly player dependent, they had been predictable for so long that they caught us a bit on the hop but I still don't rate them under Jones.

• Advertisement

Sinklair a timebomb says Guscott.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

Three close teams. England absolutely had to show up in Dublin, they were in desperate need of a scalp and we were not up for it on the day and badly missing a full back given how England went about their game plan.

Williams neutered them today. England are a team that are utterly player dependent, they had been predictable for so long that they caught us a bit on the hop but I still don't rate them under Jones.

Today’ shows how important a full back is in the modern kicking game. Williams was flawless all game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭jr86

Makes the 6n very interesting in the coming weeks. We will have it all to play for against Wales.

The most we can finish with is 19 (which is extremely fanciful)

As sure as night follows day England will trounce Scotland and Italy and finish on 20

Be nice to win in Cardiff though for sure.

Reckon Welsh game will be tight, probably one score in it.

We always play well in Cardiff.

I wouldn't even be depressed though if we lost narrowly there and Wales won the Grand Slam. It would have zero impact on our WC chances (might even be a bonus in that it takes the pressure off).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭Jewelers

We had a bad day at the office. We didn't suddenly become a bad team. We'll be up for the Cardiff game.

how many cliches can you put in one quote

Jewelers wrote: »
    As many as will prove my point!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

Not getting 4 trys against Scotland was the nail in the coffin to Irelands hopes really.

Not getting 4 trys against Scotland was the nail in the coffin to Irelands hopes really.

Or LBP at home to England. Taking a hiding like that at home can have no complaints not winning the championship tbf

• Registered Users Posts: 9,583 ✭✭✭TheCitizen

Looks a bit like England shot their load v us and then v France.

Ireland going to Cardiff and winning will re-establish Ireland’s credentials as number 1 Northern Hemisphere team heading to Japan.

Jewelers wrote: »

it's a game of 2 halves, but you need a rub of the green, sometimes you dont just get the bounce of the ball, even if you have a never say die attitude and give it 110%

TheCitizen wrote: »
    Looks a bit like England shot their load v us and then v France.

Ireland going to Cardiff and winning will re-establish Ireland’s credentials as number 1 Northern Hemisphere team heading to Japan.

No I'd say England the tournament winners would be number 1 in that scenario

• Advertisement
Advertisement