Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Second Captains

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,296 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Beersmith wrote: »
    I didn't hear this either

Or me

• Registered Users Posts: 5,662 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

They did a LOI preview? What day? Can't see it in the show descriptions.

Sarcasm I'd assumed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

Unless they mean when they had that lad on talking about Luke Kelly. Is skipped it forward and missed it but apparently there was some domestic talk on that segment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭Beersmith

Unless they mean when they had that lad on talking about Luke Kelly. Is skipped it forward and missed it but apparently there was some domestic talk on that segment.

Nah that was ages ago and didn't preview anything. Im guessing the poster mixed SC up with OTB or something.

I don't really mind them never covering it anyway as we're fairly spoilt with very good LOI podcasts anyway. None of them have any interest in it so it's probably better that they leave it to elsewhere.

• Advertisement

Sarcasm I'd assumed!

Lol

Hooked me anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 14,248 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

I stopped listening to them a good while ago. There is only so much of Ritchie turning the interview into it being about him and him performing self psychoanalysis on his career that I can take.

Nail on the head there. He's obsessed with people coming to the end of their career, or even better, if an injury caused it.

I like Richie in general, but at this stage you'd be safe enough to just skip the players chair.

I know it's not exactly modern of me but the mere hint of a women's variety of GAA, football, rugby etc being the subject for discussion has me either forwarding past the segment or deleting the podcast entirely.

Women's Tennis, Athletics, Gymnastics etc no bother - can listen to those being discussed but I just can't pretend to myself that I'm interested in the majority of women's sports.

And obviously that's the attitude that in general probably should change however as an 'entertainment' product - to take away nothing from the commitment and dedication of those involved - it's just not that entertaining.

I find some of Richie's player chairs a bit hit and miss - some excellent - some terrible but I couldn't even bring myself to give this latest one a try..

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭Pete Moss

lawred2 wrote:
    I find some of Richie's player chairs a bit hit and miss - some excellent - some terrible but I couldn't even bring myself to give this latest one a try..

The Players Chair is very dependent on the guest. Richie seems to follow the same formula with most what you'd call mediocre guests, but when the guest comfortable with interviews and quite vocal, the episodes work well.

His best one was the Paul Kimmage episode, it was brilliant from start to end. The Mick McCarthy one wasn't bad either.

The last few have been pretty poor. I suppose they can't all be zingers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭jones

lawred2 wrote: »
    I know it's not exactly modern of me but the mere hint of a women's variety of GAA, football, rugby etc being the subject for discussion has me either forwarding past the segment or deleting the podcast entirely.

I know what you mean by this. As a concept i have no problem with womens sports being discussed just as much as mens but don't ask me to be as interested in it and i think the vast majoirty of my friends/coworkers would be the same.

Might say more about my generation (mid 30's) than anything else but i think you worded it well. As an entertainment product womans sport in general is not a topic i'm interested in.

• Advertisement

Pete Moss wrote: »
    The Players Chair is very dependent on the guest. Richie seems to follow the same formula with most what you'd call mediocre guests, but when the guest comfortable with interviews and quite vocal, the episodes work well.

His best one was the Paul Kimmage episode, it was brilliant from start to end. The Mick McCarthy one wasn't bad either.

The last few have been pretty poor. I suppose they can't all be zingers.

Liam George was excellent too I remember

• Registered Users Posts: 14,248 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

lawred2 wrote: »
    Liam George was excellent too I remember

Brian Kerr too

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭tomwaits48

enjoyed Murph's description of his trip to the Pats game.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

tomwaits48 wrote: »

I really want to go to a game there now.
    I've never been to a LoI game in my life but as I now live in the Pat's sphere of influence, I'm going to have to try it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Decent atmosphere at Pats games. Worth going along to one for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭tomwaits48

I really want to go to a game there now.
    I've never been to a LoI game in my life but as I now live in the Pat's sphere of influence, I'm going to have to try it out.

me too! sounded like a right hoot.

What podcast was that in? I had skipped the Klopp one but I don't see it in the description of it when I look back. Hadn't got around to listening to the Limerick/Kaepernick one.

What podcast was that in? I had skipped the Klopp one but I don't see it in the description of it when I look back. Hadn't got around to listening to the Limerick/Kaepernick one.

it's at the end of that I think... I blasted through the Klopp bit too.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭hankless

Anyone else not overly arsed with the soccer podcasts until Ken comes back?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,702 ✭✭✭Raoul

hankless wrote: »
    Anyone else not overly arsed with the soccer podcasts until Ken comes back?

I have actually skipped through so much stuff this past week. Without Ken to break it up, I can't listen to the other two lads and I usually really like Eoin at least.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭hankless

I like them all and I enjoy almost all of the shows...once Ken has at least done a cameo part in it.

I wasn't going to download yesterday's one but in the show notes they mention him and I presumed he was back. But he's not. It was a ploy. And now I'm on Boards bemoaning his absence.

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭JuanJose

hankless wrote: »
    I

I wasn't going to download yesterday's one but in the show notes they mention him and I presumed he was back. But he's not. It was a ploy.

Ah, come on now. They did mention that he was going to be away for a couple of weeks.

He'll be back before we know it. We'll survive....just! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭Icemancometh

They seem to be missing Ken too. Lots of clips of him played since last week

tomwaits48 wrote: »

It is such a pity they don't cover it more even if just in a light breezy way they did with the pats game

Found it more condescending than anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,881 ✭✭✭yosser hughes

Found it more condescending than anything.

I thought so too.

Is that the old LOI chip on the shoulder?

Is that the old LOI chip on the shoulder?

Did you listen to it?

Did you listen to it?

Yeah but it wasn't about the football so it was just about the bit of craic in the stands which actually is what endears me to attending LOI games. If they were just laughing at the quality then it wouldn't be good. Otherwise though it introduces people who wouldn't normally think about attending to the fact that they may have a good time by attending.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 851 ✭✭✭Pidae.m

J'adore Inchicore

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement