Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ISIS people returning thread - no Lisa Smith talk (21/12/19)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

dilallio wrote: »
    What sort of life did these three 15 year old girls have in London, to believe that moving to a war zone and marrying soldiers they had never met would bring fulfillment?
    She had a privileged and sheltered upbringing. The girls probably saw gong to Syria as some sort of romanticised adventure. Chilling that after four years and two children lost to malnutrition, she hasn't learned anything and doesn't regret it. She wants to come back to Britain now because her husband got captured. If things had gone differently for ISIS, she would happily stay there.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭jay48

Was listening to Matt Cooper earlier and the reporter called her Shamima Kaboom before quickly correcting himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,680 ✭✭✭buried

This young wan would want to man the f**k up, stay over there and let her middle eastern Abrahamic god save her.

"You have disgraced yourselves again" - W. B. Yeats

• Registered Users Posts: 4,876 ✭✭✭malinheader

If I was a UK citizen and they let this piece of sh-t back in I would be seriously pissed off. Jesus it's a no brainer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭Folkstonian

I listened to the interview earlier - there wasn’t a shred of regret or remorse in her tone or her words.

After all the wickedness and brutality that IS have meted out to people across the Middle East and the wider world, you would expect any person with a modicum of human decency would be desperately, desperately apologetic for their awful choices and their hideous acts.

There wasn’t even a hint of that. There was a nonchalance and an arrogance about her. She was incredibly matter of fact about why she wants to come back. The caliphate is done and her kid will have a better chance in the West.

She’s clearly still a total believer in the IS cause. If she comes back, she will be a lifelong problem for the police and intelligence services and the public will be significantly less safe because she’s a fully fledged Islamist maniac and there’s no doubt in my mind that she would, if allowed to do so, immediately attempt to radicalise and recruit other British Muslims to the cause.

Under international law, sadly if she rocks up at the British border one day we won’t have a choice but to let her in, yet the trouble I have with her returning to the U.K. is that she would likely spend closer to 24 months than 24 years in prison.
    The courts are demonstrably useless in dealing with returning islamists; sentences have been pitiful.

In a few years time there will be hundreds of these hideous, murderous individuals back on the streets after a couple of years inside. Still radical, still motivated. It’s a scary prospect.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

tuxy wrote: »
    The UK should break international law?

Yes they should ,If the Kurds don't do the job then the UK government should sanction it whether it be at the end of a drone strike or sniper any UK citizen who is part of Isis should be neutralised permanently .

Zero returns and every other government should take the same stance

• Registered Users Posts: 18,125 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Aegir wrote: »
    Does a country just dump an 18 year old girl though?

Yes, it should. Dump her like the terrorist she is.

yamaha50 wrote: »
    A lot of islamaphpobia bad racism ans miisoginy on this yhread.
    The child is a brittish citizen and should be brought home and given a flat

British citizens my bo--ocks. That was given up the day she left to join ISIS.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Kill her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭Stephen15

Joining an organisation such as ISIS should be declared an act of treason against a country. Maybe she should be brought and put on trial for treason along with the likes of Abu Hamza, Anjem Choudary and Omar Bakri Muhammed. Anyone caught propagating the ideologies of true Islam which ISIS and Al-Queda are trying to promote should be declared an enemy of the state.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 66,935 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Ironically, I agree with Jacob Rees Mogg on this, in any other scenario this would be seen as 'abuse'.
    The UK like other western countries pretend to be humane. Allow her back, help her and also monitor her. I don't see a need to harm her.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,132 ✭✭✭screamer

awec wrote: »
    Bring her back, look after the child and give it every chance in life.

And give her a long holiday at her majesty's pleasure.

A noble thought, but that child will be told the bad western anti Islamic country took your mother away, as a good little Islamic jihadi kid, you must seek vengeance..... we know it’s true, it matters not what they are given, belief trumps all else. Leave her and her baby where they are.

Ironically, I agree with Jacob Rees Mogg on this, in any other scenario this would be seen as 'abuse'.
    The UK like other western countries pretend to be humane. Allow her back, help her and also monitor her. I don't see a need to harm her.

Monitor her. That says it all. Theres no help for these people.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,024 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

And all the while the brave men who went over there to fight alongside the Kurds against that scum are arrested and questioned like criminals on return to their own country if they admit to what they were doing while abroad

• Registered Users Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

For rehabilitation there has to be contrition. She hasn't shown an ounce of it, and to me comes across as a dangerous and radicalised person with no regrets.

I've come across 19 year old far-right activists who are prepared for violence, should we put an arm around them too and offer our sympathies?

And all the while the brave men who went over there to fight alongside the Kurds against that scum are arrested and questioned like criminals on return to their own country if they admit to what they were doing while abroad

And women. Anna Campbell from Sussex died over there, as did seven other people from Britain. Many of those who returned, including mates of mine, have been raided repeatedly and detained, one woman is currently in prison for attempting to go to Rojava.

• Registered Users Posts: 66,935 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

FTA69 wrote: »
    For rehabilitation there has to be contrition. She hasn't shown an ounce of it, and to me comes across as a dangerous and radicalised person with no regrets.

I've come across 19 year old far-right activists who are prepared for violence, should we put an arm around them too and offer our sympathies?

If she broke the law, prosecute her. No problem there. If she needs to come home she should be allowed to. Your citizens are your responsibility. This girl was radicalised as a child and by UK law possibly raped.
    Are you humane or not. Fairly simple dilemma to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

Let her rot there, she's among her friends.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭katiek102010

The age of criminal responsibility in the UK is 10.

She should be brought back, baby put into care and locked up in a psychiatric unit.

She is clearly unwell, from watching the video, she was a child when she went and has been with those animals since. She was clearly groomed and brainwashed.

The reason I believe her child should be taken away and put into care is I would have concerns her family may have exposed her to some form of extremism

If she broke the law, prosecute her. No problem there. If she needs to come home she should be allowed to. Your citizens are your responsibility. This girl was radicalised as a child and by UK law possibly raped.
    Are you humane or not. Fairly simple dilemma to me.

Yeah but you've not touched much on prosecution, you were on about monitoring her and leaving her off despite her explicit declarations that she has supported ISIS and sees nothing wrong with that.

If she comes home it needs to be to a cell.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,132 ✭✭✭screamer

Yeah but you've not touched much on prosecution, you were on about monitoring her and leaving her off despite her explicit declarations that she has supported ISIS and sees nothing wrong with that.

If she comes home it needs to be to a cell.

She IS home, that’s what she chose to do, there’s where she chose to go, leave her there. Would she be whining to go back to the UK if the caliphate had worked out better? Bet your ass she wouldn’t

The age of criminal responsibility in the UK is 10.

She should be brought back, baby put into care and locked up in a psychiatric unit.

She is clearly unwell, from watching the video, she was a child when she went and has been with those animals since. She was clearly groomed and brainwashed.

The reason I believe her child should be taken away and put into care is I would have concerns her family may have exposed her to some form of extremism

Her family are normal people by all accounts. Radicalisation doesn't necessarily come via the parents. Some of the most dangerous Islamist terrorists have been West Indians and children of Africans who were devout Christians.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

So one of the three British teenagers who went to join ISIS at 15 has turned up at a refugee camp four years later and said she wants to return home. She is nine months pregnant with her third child, the first two supposedly dying of malnutrition, and wants to return to London in order to access the NHS.

Initially I sympathised with these girls, thinking they’d been groomed online and brainwashed and had made a terrible mistake but listening to the interview with the woman here - it’s chilling. She’s now a 19 year old woman, saying she regrets nothing, how severed heads in the bin unfazed her as “they were enemies of Islam” and how she “saluted” those remaining in the last bit of ISIS territory.
    Well there you go, don't let her back. She made the choice, she has stuck with it whole heartedly, and there is no question that the United Kingdom is better off not having her there. It's an individual case, and she has properly f***ed herself here, so tough.

I think saw the UK have decided to tell her no earlier on (before I had seen this thread, so didn't pay it much attention), and frankly good on them for it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Mutant z

She made her made see must lie in it absolute zero sympathy for these sort of scum she must rot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

That is exactly what I thought of when reading your original post by the way, they're two sides of the same coin (far right terrorists and Islamic terrorists) and any civil nation is better off without either.

It's not a matter of banning all Muslims or banning all conservative minded people, it's a matter of individuals - and this looks like a real sh*tty, dangerous one. Were this a far right terrorist, it would be interesting to see how opinions of many posters (on either side) would be different within this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭moby2101

Let her rot

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Her age at the time and her reasons for going are irrelevant. She's now an adult ISIS member who's an active enemy of the UK and being pregnant doesn't matter either. She should be left where she is (although I suspect that legally they might have to revoke citizenship to do that)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Mutant z

If there was ever a reason for managing our borders this is surely it there's far too many people with her mindset in Europe for my liking they shouldn't be owed a thing throw the lot of them out.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,442 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Bring back hanging.

• Advertisement

The age she left at doesn't matter. She's an adult piece of shlt and should be treated as such.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement