Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lesbian transgender couple declares their plan to transition their 5-year-old son

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Questioning sacred Cows

The Daily Mail is a bigoted right wing rag but the article IS pretty disturbing. I hope social services gave that trans couple’s fitness to properly parent a child thorough scrutiny.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Tangatagamadda Chaddabinga Bonga Bungo

manonboard wrote: »
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6585395/Britains-transgender-family-dad-born-female-little-girl-began-life-boy.html
    A close transgender friend of mine knew from a similar age they were not in a body that felt what it should feel like. It happens, no different than any other form of stuff we learn about ourselves. We just have hugely focused attention and media on it now.

Yeah, you know I wanted to be born in the body of Brad Pitt and have the intelligence of Albert Einstein. And that didn't exactly work out how I wanted.

A child of 5 would barely even know their gender or how the world works, so I totally believe this is the parents influencing them. I swear it seems like a cult at this stage.

Children should be allowed be children. Play with what toys they want, wear what clothes they want, be interested in reading what they want, making friends, and eating reasonably healthy food, but also they treats that they like. That's it. Children don't have the capacity to know these things that many adults can't even figure out how it should work.

In 20/30/40 years time we are going to look back at all the damage this is doing the same way we look back at what the church were doing to alter boys and women in Magdalene Laundries.

They are hurting their 5 year and it is simply not fair to the child.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭The Bishop Basher

Mike9832 wrote: »
    Hate this bull****

Nature never intended for lesbians or gays to have kids

Deal with it

Get a pet or something

That has to be the most backward post I’ve read on boards for some time and that’s saying something.
    What, exactly, do you find so hard to believe about the content kid's choice?

What choice ? The kid is 5. The only choices I remember having to make at 5 was whether I wanted cocopos or shreddies for breakfast.

I always chose cocopops obviously.

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Das Reich

At least if those people doesn't breed this anglo american culture will be replaced and we wont see those things in future.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭munster87

You should change your username.

Lezoutrageplz

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭Zorya

Woke left credo - All gender and sexuality is performative. All gender is socially constructed.

Child wears clothes of opposite gender or is butch or feminine - Sweet Lord, this child is transgender! Hallelujah!

Hmmmmm. Think I will take my cultural and social cues if I ever need to from those who have a less incoherent scripture.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭s7ryf3925pivug

Louis Theroux did a documentary featuring cases like this. It came across that the parents were driving it and it was at best very unclear whether the kids were actually tg at all.

Five is too young to assess something like this. The fact the parents have spoken to the press about it does not reflect positively wrt their motivation.

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭mickuhaha

My child wants to be a robot should I transition them now or wait? Do I help them go the whole way or is cyborg where you stop? Any cyborgs on here? I still don't even know if they want to be Autobot or decepticon . I have tried switching their diet to 230v at 13a which I feed directly to the processor. It seems to affect the ring ratios but I am slowly adjusting. What do I do. Btw I am open to being interviewed on any national media outlets at a cost.

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭rgodard80a

Smacks of Munchausen syndrome by proxy

God help the kid if it goes to a rough school.
    I wonder if one of the parents will self identify as male for the "Father and son" race on school sports day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭mvl

Louis Theroux did a documentary featuring cases like this. It came across that the parents were driving it and it was at best very unclear whether the kids were actually tg at all.

Five is too young to assess something like this. The fact the parents have spoken to the press about it does not reflect positively wrt their motivation.

And were any of the cases presented having regrets later in life for being encouraged towards it, or were all the cases presented too recent (so effects would be seen later) ?

• Advertisement

mvl wrote: »
    And were any of the cases presented having regrets later in life for being encouraged towards it, or were all the cases presented too recent (so effects would be seen later) ?

There are hundreds (thousands?) of videos on Youtube from detransitioners. Just search detransitioning.
    These are young people who made their choice to trans usually in mid to late teens, so I don't know about younger kids.
    Studies have shown minimum 70% of trans teens have experienced childhood adversity. There is exceptional comorbidity (70 - 90%) of transgenderism with anxiety, depression, autism.
    The Tumblr trans ghetto has had a big effect on teenagers. ROGD.

The effects of hormones on the children is stark when you watch timeline videos - astonishing transformations take place. The effects of T, as the transmen call it, (testosterone) on the teen girls body is exceptionally strong - and many are finding now that when they detransition after several years taking T they are left with the increased body hair, deeper voices, masculinised face and body shape and male pattern baldness. These changes seem to last even years after detrans and may be life long which leads to considerable new dysphoria.

It is worth noting that some of the youtube celebrity transwomen like Blaire White for example, have not only used hormones, but have also enough money to access plastic surgeries, so their level of passing as female is not available to most. Another example would be Jenna Talackova, who has also had significant facial feminisation surgery - most people cannot ever aspire to that kind of investment, so they are being presented with pipe dreams.

Anyways, I'll stop there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,482 ✭✭✭Gimme A Pound

What, exactly, do you find so hard to believe about the content kid's choice?
    He's... five?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

You sound kind of close minded to be honest.

Also, the content of the story contradicts your title: story says kid makes choice and the digital workers investigated for abusec and found nothing...

And that is the crux: if the parents were pusking it, then yes - it most certainly would be abusive. if the kid the choice, then no it isn't. What, exactly, do you find so hard to believe about the content kid's choice?

What? The child is five for f*ck's sake, he doesn't know what he's choosing. He may choose to wear dresses or play with dolls which is grand. But a little boy playing with these things doesn't automatically mean that he is transgender and 'is transitioning'. They shouldn't even be mentioning that to him, never mind planning to pump him full of puberty blockers and prepare for surgery etc.

No five year old can make that choice. Has the world gone mad?

He's... five?

G'way outta that, ya big fascist!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,857 ✭✭✭professore

When I was 5 I wanted to be Big Bird from Sesame Street. If it was like then what it's like now then I'd probably have feathers surgically implanted.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

"The Daily Mail"

Thank you, I've seen enough.
    Same news from snowflake-friendly source ;)
    https://www.heart.co.uk/lifestyle/britains-first-transgender-family/

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭thegetawaycar

The "parents" should be visited by social services and informed that pre-puberty this counts as child abuse. At 5 years old you don't even know right from wrong and puberty will come and you will be able to make a far more informed decision after your hormones start to tell you more about yourself. Anyone that thinks this is ok should be sectioned and/or done for child abuse.

As a very related issue when I was probably slightly younger than 5 when I wanted to be a caterpillar because I wanted to turn in to a butterfly (full disclosure, I also loved the hungry caterpillar book). I feel terrible nobody helped me transition.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

He's... five?
    Zorya wrote: »
    G'way outta that, ya big fascist!

Ageist scum

I felt like a fairy as a child. To be honest, I still do. The shee/sidhe kind now, not the...oh, never mind. :o

People sometimes say, oh they knew from 4 or 5 that they felt like a girl (if a boy) or like a boy (if a girl). But this presupposes that girls or boys feel like something definable. Which is extremely conservative. It is such a deeply square, limited and retrograde idea that I find it laughable that it is left wing thought.

This born in the wrong body idea is a deeply destabilising idea - no one is, they may feel more feminine if a boy (and vice versa), but so damn what, let them be uber feminine/masculine, what is the fricking problem?

If people were left to feel and live and fully express as masculine in female bodies and feminine in male bodies - to the nth degree and without hideous and damaging medical intervention - then they would still be fertile, have fully functioning sex organs, have no difficulty with potency, have lovely orgasms with no difficulty, and so on.

Instead we have this dreadful drastic interference in the human form on the basis that feeling masculine means you HAVE to have a fascimile of a male body, and feeling feminine means you HAVE to have a fascimile of a female body. You absolutely do not. Loosen up, you 'progressive' squares!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,810 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

This is why Trump won
    This is why Trump won
    This is why Trump won
    This is why Trump won
    This is why Trump won
    This is why Trump won
    This is why Trump won
    This is why Trump won
    This is why Trump won

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭mvl

Zorya wrote: »
    There are hundreds (thousands?) of videos on Youtube from detransitioners. Just search detransitioning.
    These are young people who made their choice to trans usually in mid to late teens, so I don't know about younger kids.
    Studies have shown minimum 70% of trans teens have experienced childhood adversity. There is exceptional comorbidity (70 - 90%) of transgenderism with anxiety, depression, autism.
    The Tumblr trans ghetto has had a big effect on teenagers. ROGD.
    From the article I quoted earlier:
    In 2014, there were 24 of these gender clinics, clustered chiefly along the east coast and in California. One year later, there were 40 across the nation.
    With 215 pediatric residency programs now training future pediatricians in a transition-affirming protocol and treating gender-dysphoric children accordingly, gender clinics are bound to proliferate further.
    - if currently 20% of ppl have regrets, and now we're in a situation when doctors are not really sure what kids should transition or not, but they do it anyway, i'd imagine the number of ppl having regrets would change medium term.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭klaaaz

A tiny tiny minority of children who pursue transition knew from a very young age something was amiss with their gender. That's different from the vast vast majority of other kids who play dress up and want to be "something else" at that age like their cartoon heroes and then turn out to be perfectly fine with their gender later in life.
    As for numbers, only around 12 teenagers in this country have changed gender, out of around 900,000 plus schoolgoing kids. It ain't no cult like the Daily Mail likes to sensationalise about and there is no drug intervention or surgery happening on kids aged 5, the child is just dressing differently and as said likes to play with things that other boys do not.

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭El_Bee

What's the saying? something like "It's like a vegan dog or cat, we all know who's making the decisions here".

• Registered Users Posts: 33,040 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

He's... five?

Yes. And....?

If he wants to play in a dress,, so what...?

Again: I'm against any permanent or formal change, and definitely against any parental ciersion.

People saying that five year olds shouldnt get to make choices are complaining beacuse the five year old ISN'T getting to choose.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,482 ✭✭✭Gimme A Pound

Yes. And....?

If he wants to play in a dress,, so what...?

Again: I'm against any permanent or formal change, and definitely against any parental ciersion.

People saying that five year olds shouldnt get to make choices are complaining beacuse their under the impression that the five year old ISN'T getting to choose - he's being forced into the gender role according to them!!

(At least according to the OP: nor according to the story, which no one seems to have bothered reading)
    What? You're the one who doesn't appear to have read the article. As said numerous times, it's not the child wearing dresses, it's his parents planning to transition him as soon as possible. One of the parents is even using female pronouns regarding the child already.

Wearing dresses at five does not necessarily mean he's trans. Why does this even have to be explained?

Also telling someone they seem closed-minded, as you did on the basis of one post (a post which was not written in a hostile manner at all) makes you look closed-minded also. Not every liberal outlook is a positive - and a person can have their reservations about it without being a closed-minded individual.

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭Skyrimaddict

Ah here, this is wrong on so many levels

• Registered Users Posts: 13,083 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Wasn't gonna bother commenting any more on this but ya... :pac:

I have a five year old son hes a smart enough young fella picks things up fairly quickly but this kinda stuff there's no child of this age in the world who should be exposed to it or thinking about it!

They should be going to school learning exciting new useful things not excluding themselves from the normal everyday world.

Look at the parents ffs is anyone actually surprised about the direction there sending the kid in?

Its not right on any level i don't care how accepting people want to be and its not normal either no matter what you believe in!

Theres a reason why so many trans people are committing suicide and abusing themselves these are not stable people ffs.

If your questioning the gender you where born and actually considering mutilating your body and appearance there are serious mental issues there.

Nothing anyone can say can change my opinion on that its a serious disorder that is being massively over indulged by certain parts of society.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn

He is just being used by the media to sell papers by sexing up a story involving people who arnt what the new story portrays.

Shame on them is what I say. Shame on the people who know the story has been sexed up but want to believe it to suit their agenda. Shame on anybody who sits there stewing about anything that doesn’t hurt anybody while we have things to worry about like genocide, starvation religious sexual abuse and all sorts of things to be outraged against.

Here’s something else to be outraged about. This kind of argument is called deflection
    A kids parents get asked some leading questions by a bigger newspaper after being in a smaller paper and everybody shows their true colours.

They said they are going to transition. Plenty of children are being transitioned and plenty of people support it.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

What can anyone do about it though?

I'm sure in 100 yrs time people will look back and say what the hell were we doing but that's life. Humans have always done fcked up sh1t.

You're not going to stop this, believe me, there's too much power and momentum behind it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn

Das Reich wrote: »
    At least if those people doesn't breed this anglo american culture will be replaced and we wont see those things in future.

At this stage the disappearance of US culture would be a massive boost to the world.

Advertisement