Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lesbian transgender couple declares their plan to transition their 5-year-old son

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,237 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

You should change your username.

• Site Banned Posts: 512 ✭✭✭Dakotabigone

Are they from Mullingar?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,682 ✭✭✭Signore Fancy Pants

Its a no from me Bob.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,227 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

int is a funny name but sure, different strokes and all that

• Registered Users Posts: 13,083 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

How do you even come across an article like that OP?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,524 ✭✭✭Topgear on Dave

"The Daily Mail"

Thank you, I've seen enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,672 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

Anyone else believe that this wrong.

Social workers from North Lanarkshire in Scotland where the Rogerses live have reportedly checked in on the family after an anonymous complaint from a neighbor, but determined that there were no signs of abuse.

Seems fair enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Muckka

Not another one if these threads...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

So called parents are attention seekers. Using poor child to get publicity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 391 ✭✭Flyingsnowball

What’s the big deal. I knew I wanted to wear trousers when I was that age. Who would have had the right to tell me to wear a dress based on what biology happened in my mother’s womb.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Poor little kid should be taken off them before they do anymore damage. Years he won't get back. Don't believe them when they say they haven't encouraged it. Kids are sponges.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,083 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Muckka wrote: »
    Not another one if these threads...

There's a new one every two weeks at least!

We have an lgbtblablaetc forum post the ****e in there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn

What’s the big deal. I knew I wanted to wear trousers when I was that age. Who would have had the right to tell me to wear a dress based on what biology happened in my mother’s womb.

I think transitioning is a bit more than wearing a dress or trousers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭Dave0301

Just to play devil's advocate...

So if a five year old wants to start smoking and drinking we should let them?

We should let a 5 year old be sexually active if they decide to be?

I think transitioning is a bit more than wearing a dress or trousers.

I don’t know. I think people should just be allowed be happy no matter what age they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭manonboard

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6585395/Britains-transgender-family-dad-born-female-little-girl-began-life-boy.html

Original article.

Local Community supports them. Social services checked in on them and everyone seems well and happy. Teachers, school and people who know them all find things to be well and happy.

No problem here OP.

Its just clothes and cultural stuff for now, in many years, they may transition physically but who knows.

A close transgender friend of mine knew from a similar age they were not in a body that felt what it should feel like. It happens, no different than any other form of stuff we learn about ourselves. We just have hugely focused attention and media on it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

Poor little kid should be taken off them before they do anymore damage. Years he won't get back. Don't believe them when they say they haven't encouraged it. Kids are sponges.
    Its child abuse.

Dave0301 wrote: »

The child isn’t drink or smoking or having sex. Just dressing different to most people with those genitals

I don’t know. I think people should just be allowed be happy no matter what age they are.

I don’t think if alllow a child drink if that made them happy. Or drive a bus. Or lots of adult stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭manonboard

Dave0301 wrote: »

The first has degenerative and cancer causing results, the drink damages their liver and would wreck their emotional growth and inhibit their ability to learn.

The second would place a young child in a terribly dangerous situation if its with adults. From a young age into teenage life, parents do let their children explore sexually in what they consider age appropriate ways. From self touching to playing doctor like most of us did.

The context and outcome arent comparable.

• Advertisement

The child isn’t drink or smoking or having sex. Just dressing different to most people with those genitals

I don’t think you understand what’s going on here.

I don’t think if alllow a child drink if that made them happy. Or drive a bus. Or lots of adult stuff.

My god, putting a dress on and saying mammy arnt I pretty is now the same as drinking smoking and having sex with adults?

"The Daily Mail"

Not that that’s an argument anyway, but it wasn’t the daily mail.

My god, putting a dress on and saying mammy arnt I pretty is now the same as drinking smoking and having sex with adults?

You still don’t know what’s going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

"The Daily Mail"

Actually I clicked on the article and it seems fairly restrained. Op and Blaze article he linked article are a little but more imaginative summarizing source material.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

There is going to be a lot of business for child therapists in a few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭Underground

AH really loves a bit of ID pol doesn't it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,237 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

Is he just wearing dresses and dolls and stuff or is he being operated on?

The two things are very different.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

First. Someone decided to call social services suspecting abuse because they saw the child playing dressed in girls clothing.

• Advertisement

Is he just wearing dresses and dolls and stuff or is he being operated on?

The two things are very different.

He is just being used by the media to sell papers by sexing up a story involving people who arnt what the new story portrays.

Shame on them is what I say. Shame on the people who know the story has been sexed up but want to believe it to suit their agenda. Shame on anybody who sits there stewing about anything that doesn’t hurt anybody while we have things to worry about like genocide, starvation religious sexual abuse and all sorts of things to be outraged against.
    A kids parents get asked some leading questions by a bigger newspaper after being in a smaller paper and everybody shows their true colours.

Advertisement