Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lesbian transgender couple declares their plan to transition their 5-year-old son

Options
14567810»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,287 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

"The Daily Mail"

Thank you, I've seen enough.

Is The Blaze a Daily Mail offshoot?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,040 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Zorya wrote: »
    The clue is in the thread title. The post is related.

And no, teenagers should not be included in transitioning. Fluck sake, they are not legally allowed to even smoke or drink yet.

That's my point: it's the same argument all over again, just a different case.

As for teenagers, my point is teenagers should have a say and be listened to, not necessarily should be allowed. A teenager may not know as much as an adult in that position will know, but they'll know more than a child. Also, a teenager is not as easily going to be convinced to transition against their will.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭alpahaeagle

I am sorry...this smells like total brain washing form this couple...what the hell is the likleyhood that the three childern they foster all want to transition......

This is a couple of sick people wanting to force their Sex on these boys.....

The children should be taken from them and they should be put in Jail....This is child abuse plain and simple, but in this sick twisted world we are now in this would be the worst thing in the world.

This is life changing (in more ways than one) and no body under 18 should be allowed to transition....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

My 4 year old put his sisters tutu on himself last week and we all laughed about it. He's also played with her dolls on occasion.

I had no idea he was actually reaching out to tell us he was starting to transition. Anyone know where i can get puberty blockers?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,983 ✭✭✭conorhal

I am sorry...this smells like total brain washing form this couple...what the hell is the likleyhood that the three childern they foster all want to transition......

This is a couple of sick people wanting to force their Sex on these boys.....

The children should be taken from them and they should be put in Jail....This is child abuse plain and simple, but in this sick twisted world we are now in this would be the worst thing in the world.

This is life changing (in more ways than one) and no body under 18 should be allowed to transition....

Munchausen syndrome by proxy (MSBP) is a mental health problem in which a caregiver makes up or causes an illness or injury in a person under his or her care, such as a child, an elderly adult, or a person who has a disability. Because vulnerable people are the victims, MSBP is a form of child abuse or elder abuse.

What's shocking is that it's now a state supported mental illness.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,983 ✭✭✭conorhal

That's my point: it's the same argument all over again, just a different case.

As for teenagers, my point is teenagers should have a say and be listened to, not necessarily should be allowed. A teenager may not know as much as an adult in that position will know, but they'll know more than a child. Also, a teenager is not as easily going to be convinced to transition against their will.

Rapid onset gender dysphoria.

It's the descriptor of the latest trans phenomenon predominantly effecting mostly teenage girls, resulting in a near 4,000% increase in trans diagnosis over the last few years.

Go watch a few 'de-transitioning videos' on YouTube and see if you can spot the common factor between all these girls with low self-esteem and poor body self-image that suddenly decide that they are trans.
    I'll give you a hint, the all seem to spend a lot of time on Tumblr getting advice from trans activists.
    Teens (particularly teenage girls with other underlying psychological issues like depression) are very susceptible to manipulation for validation.
    So it would appear you're very wrong about how hard it is to convince teens to transition against their will.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

It's known as cluster syndrome.

Children are impressionable, they take to fads and trends like ducks to water.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭Zorya

conorhal wrote: »

It's the descriptor of the latest trans phenomenon predominantly effecting mostly teenage girls, resulting in a near 4,000% increase in trans diagnosis over the last few years.

Go watch a few 'de-transitioning videos' on YouTube and see if you can spot the common factor between all these girls with low self-esteem and poor body self-image that suddenly decide that they are trans.
    I'll give you a hint, the all seem to spend a lot of time on Tumblr getting advice from trans activists.
    Teens (particularly teenage girls with other underlying psychological issues like depression) are very susceptible to manipulation for validation.
    So it would appear you're very wrong about how hard it is to convince teens to transition against their will.

Exactly. Sweden and the UK have both launched govt enquiries into the matter, and the possibility of social/psychic contagion is a big motivator for this.
    I don't think people realise that we are talking about sterilising teenagers. Not to mention severe inhibition of sexual function and pleasure. The use of pubertal blockers also affects the prefrontal cortex development in the brain as it is pubertal hormnes which complete this development. This is the region responsible for executive function eg impulse control and planning etc.

(As for having the discussion again, or as I would see it, continuing the discussion, just thank your lucky stars Princess that I remembered this thread and didn't start a whole new one :D:D)

It's known as cluster syndrome.

Children are impressionable, they take to fads and trends like ducks to water.

As do attention seeking parents. Amazing how many of these children have serious media attention and public display.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

There was a similar issue in the early 90’s with ‘split personality disorder’. People reported they had multiple personalities. Again, depression and other real disorders were found to be the underlying issue, with media portrayal of this new disorder seen as a reason for an explosion in the number of people reporting they had it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,040 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Yes, I know - I'm not disagreeing with people here!!

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

I had not seen this Olly Lambert documentary before - Trans Kids It's Time To Talk. Psychotherapist and author Stella O'Malley narrates it. She had gender dysphoria as a child and identified as a boy, but that was 35 years ago, and she is glad now that she was not born later. Worth a watch. UK based. Not on Youtube so this is a Vimeo link.

https://vimeo.com/304866757

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

A 5 year old does not have the cognitive capacity to comprehend the consequences of such a complex decision. There's literally not enough brain power in a 5 year old to see how big irreparable this change will be.

The kid probably likes the color pink or the girls toilet is closer to his classroom than the boys and he rational thinking concludes upon "I want to be a girl".

I think 5 is a little young to be involved in the decision making of such an transformation.

Advertisement