Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sean O'Rourke Today Show

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,562 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Ridiculously biased "reporting" from Ellen Coyne. You could tell her disdain for the man bringing around the ultrasounds to the abortion clinics. Why would anybody going for an abortion have a problem with having an ultrasound, shur it's not a life isn't that what we have been told to believe?

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/anti-abortion-clinic-offers-free-ultrasounds-to-lure-less-well-off-w936qlj5x

It's not a new story.
    I didn't hear biased reporting.
    They are following the lead of anti abortion groups in the US.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭Aska

Court report on next from strokestown.

Usual suspects ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

I've listened to various discussions on the Children's Hosp fiasco over the last few days and all I seem to be hearing is "we need a hospital & so we have to keep going no matter the cost" ........ this seems to me beyond belief! We are prepared to plough ahead even though we have absolutely no idea, not even a vague notion, what the final bill is going to come in at.
    Tell me again who was it referred to "skin in the game"? Once again the taxpayer is being taken for a ride ... over a cliff

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭jay0109

There's people starting to come forward from the Medical profession to support the Minister with the line that the hospital needs to be built and lets just plough on ahead. It would be my opinion that the top Doc's are being prompted to do this by the Minister and his spin merchants.
    'Think of the children' type of debating level.

Varadkar panicked with the negative press and came out yesterday saying the terms of the PWC report would be changed to allow for individuals to take blame. But this is Ireland...no one ever takes the blame and Varadkar is only buying time. The report will come out with a lot of generalisations, otherwise the legal profession would butt in as usual and start proceedings down the High Court to protect the 'good name' of the public servants involved.

The taxpayer is getting screwed here and contractors are cleaning up. And thats how it will always be in Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 10,482 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Just listening to Maria Steen talking about Catholic education. She is a troll of epic proportion, I'm actively getting angry at her just listening to the podcast...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

dulpit wrote: »
    Just listening to Maria Steen talking about Catholic education. She is a troll of epic proportion, I'm actively getting angry at her just listening to the podcast...

Troll is a term used by the intellectually dull and feeble

She spoke great sense about how there is no such thing as a neutral ethos education and that goes for the state too

• Registered Users Posts: 14,562 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Mad_maxx wrote: »
    Troll is a term used by the intellectually dull and feeble

She spoke great sense about how there is no such thing as a neutral ethos education and that goes for the state too

That's the beauty of radio.
    Brings all those different opinions and points of view into our daily lives.
    I disagree with her but I wouldn't call her a troll.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,155 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Maria Steen home schools her children.

Maria Steen home schools her children.

More people will chose the same going forward, they are becoming left wing madrasas

• Registered Users Posts: 4,679 ✭✭✭serfboard

More people will chose the same going forward, they are becoming left wing madrasas
    Indeed. I believe that they’re even teaching this “evolution” thing now ...

• Advertisement

God forbid that their little darlings might come in contact with a traveller, refugee or anyone of another religious or ethnic group. You have to keep them well within the fundamentalist Catholic tribe .. otherwise they might actually start to ask questions and you don't want that! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,155 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Mad_maxx wrote:

Maria is defending schools that she doesn't even send her own kids to. They aren't Catholic enough for her!

Callan57 wrote: »
    God forbid that their little darlings might come in contact with a traveller, refugee or anyone of another religious or ethnic group. You have to keep them well within the fundamentalist Catholic tribe .. otherwise they might actually start to ask questions and you don't want that! :rolleyes:

Was more thinking about the feminist politics which inspires the new coriculum, didn't mention other races so you can apologise for assuming incorrectly

Was more thinking about the feminist politics which inspires the new coriculum
    What are you talking about?

Ireland has had almost 200 years of primary-school teaching, which for most of that time has been dominated by men, and if anyone says the words "feminist curriculum" again, I will personally visit your home, vomit on your phone and then [MOD] Ban you [/MOD]

Let's not even go there.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,176 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Ireland has had almost 200 years of primary-school teaching, which for most of that time has been dominated by men, and if anyone says the words "feminist curriculum" again, I will personally visit your home, vomit on your phone and then [MOD] Ban you [/MOD]

Let's not even go there.

Oooooooh.......better fish out the auld Nokia:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭golondrinas

I've listened to various discussions on the Children's Hosp fiasco over the last few days and all I seem to be hearing is "we need a hospital & so we have to keep going no matter the cost" ........ this seems to me beyond belief! We are prepared to plough ahead even though we have absolutely no idea, not even a vague notion, what the final bill is going to come in at.
    Tell me again who was it referred to "skin in the game"? Once again the taxpayer is being taken for a ride ... over a cliff

Think of the children.

F>>> the cost is the mantra.:eek::eek:

Was more thinking about the feminist politics which inspires the new coriculum, didn't mention other races so you can apologise for assuming incorrectly
    1. Feminism = equality, not women > men
    2. Hopefully there'll be more of a focus on the English curriculum...
    3. :rolleyes:

serfboard wrote: »
    What are you talking about?

Talk of consent classes from an early age etc

How are classes to do with consent possibly a bad thing? The earlier they are ingrained in children that they need consent to do anything to somebody else the better. For small children it will be simple things like you can't touch somebody/push somebody/etc without their approval, it's obviously not going to be a class with 7 or 8 year olds being told about date rape/etc.

• Advertisement

How are classes to do with consent possibly a bad thing? The earlier they are ingrained in children that they need consent to do anything to somebody else the better. For small children it will be simple things like you can't touch somebody/push somebody/etc without their approval, it's obviously not going to be a class with 7 or 8 year olds being told about date rape/etc.

A rational person would think that but this is the Iona fundamentalists we have here. :rolleyes:

You might be fine with your son being taught to hate himself from he is the age of five but I'm not

A rational person would think that but this is the Iona fundamentalists we have here. :rolleyes:

Yes, anyone who doesn't subscribe to the feminist Bible is a fundie

You might be fine with your son being taught to hate himself from he is the age of five but I'm not

How is a consent class a lesson in boys hating themselves? :confused:

Where is the evidence that consent classes are going to be taught to five year olds in Irish schools?

serfboard wrote: »
    Where is the evidence that consent classes are going to be taught to five year olds in Irish schools?

Academic from nuig was on radio two weeks ago saying it needs to begin being taught prior to primary school

How is a consent class a lesson in boys hating themselves? :confused:

It's about creating a narative that unless boys are taught not to assault females, they will

It pathologises maleness and effectively makes it a disorder in need of serious intervention

Hence all the "toxic masculinity" b0ll0cks.

Poisonous stuff

It's about creating a narative that unless boys are taught not to assault females, they will

It pathologises maleness and effectively makes it a disorder in need of serious intervention

Hence all the "toxic masculinity" b0ll0cks.

Poisonous stuff

:rolleyes:

:rolleyes:

Some of us will send our sons to private schools, I love my son too much to have some poisonous feminist ideology scar him

• Advertisement

Some of us will send our sons to private schools, I love my son too much to have some poisonous feminist ideology scar him

I find it odd that you're using a rainbow avatar and spouting nonsense like this, but okay...

On topic: did anyone hear the segment about Whatsapp and security? Some TD was saying Whatsapp should allow governments/etc the ability to curb what is being sent on it, but couldn't see the inherent risks this would introduce re. security. The lad from the civil liberties crowd sounded very fed up trying to explain it..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement