Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Alice in Chains, Olympia May 20

Options
  • 04-02-2019 10:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭

If anyone can find out any presale info on this....please share ðŸ‘

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,113 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Must go to this

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭exilec

Seen them last year . Unbelievable live band

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭Greg81

Pre-sale button on theirs website send to Ticketmaster but Ticketmaster website is not updated yet.

http://aliceinchains.com/tour/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Been praying for a gig like this for years.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,024 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

Black Rebel Motorcycle Club supporting throughout that European tour. Be interesting to see if they are announced with them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,620 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Thanks for heads up OP!

Saw them live supporting Metallica and that was unbelievable, so would be epic in a venue like Olympia

• Closed Accounts Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Perifect

Woah! This will be class. Anyone know when tickets will be available and how much?

Perifect wrote: »
    Woah! This will be class. Anyone know when tickets will be available and how much?

Officially for sale on Friday @ 8am

Around €48 + whatever fees extra

mrcheez wrote: »
    Officially for sale on Friday @ 8am

Around €48 + whatever fees extra

Thanks. Just noticed this is a monday night. Only downside.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,453 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Thanks. Just noticed this is a monday night. Only downside.

Better than a Sunday though. Saw them last summer, they were great.

• Advertisement

The Nal wrote: »
    Better than a Sunday though. Saw them last summer, they were great.

Any way of securing tickets early? Olympia only has over 1,000 seats?

Any way of securing tickets early? Olympia only has over 1,000 seats?

Stand :)

Stand :)

Oh right, then the capacity including standing is just over 1,000?

I reckon it won't sell out instantly, should have no problems getting a ticket on Friday

I reckon it won't sell out instantly, should have no problems getting a ticket on Friday

Really? There must be more than 1,000 Alice fans in Ireland! How long since they last played here? I think it'll sell fast but hope you're right.

Really? There must be more than 1,000 Alice fans in Ireland! How long since they last played here? I think it'll sell fast but hope you're right.

10 years ish. They supported Metallica a couple of times in the 00s. RDS and Marley Park I think.

The Nal wrote: »
    10 years ish. They supported Metallica a couple of times in the 00s. RDS and Marley Park I think.

Yeah I saw them in 09 I think it was. That's a long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Woolygloves

I'm stressed already about not getting to this. Hopefully presale will be useful.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭Peter File

They are also playing Belfast on May 21 which will take some pressure off the olympia.
    The olympia holds over 1500 people.

• Registered Users, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

Delighted........been waiting a long time for this!!

• Advertisement

How to get pre sale codes? :O

• Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

How to get pre sale codes? :O

I'd also be interested to know this!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Olympia is an awful venue for a metal show. Ive seen Clutch, Slayer and Machine Head there over the years and was massively disappointed each time. Smashing venue for a comedy show but for heavy music, no chance Lance.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,144 ✭✭✭Passenger

Olympia is an awful venue for a metal show. Ive seen Clutch, Slayer and Machine Head there over the years and was massively disappointed each time. Smashing venue for a comedy show but for heavy music, no chance Lance.

Agreed.

Its fine if you're sitting or standing in front of the ceiling. The sound is plopsies if the ceiling is over your head.

Queens of the Stone age rinsed the place when they played there.

Anyone know if they accept NFC payment without minimum charge for drinks? :)

Academy require min spend of €10 ... I'll bring cash if they do

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭ConcertKing

Have loved A.I.C since a young fella (before Layne died) but hugely unsure bout heading to this as they are not the same since Layne Staley died.

They still put out good stuff and William DuVall has a good voice but most of their best songs have Layne on the vocals.

Really miss his voice being honest and gutted I never got to see him live. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,144 ✭✭✭Passenger

Have loved A.I.C since a young fella (before Layne died) but hugely unsure bout heading to this as they are not the same since Layne Staley died.

They still put out good stuff and William DuVall has a good voice but most of their best songs have Layne on the vocals.

DuVall is a more than competent replacement tbh. His voice and timbre really suits the band, even when doing the older stuff.

• Registered Users, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

I seen them last June in the Shepherd's Bush Empire.....and they were dynamite.........easily the best gig of the year! DuVall does a top job in fairness.;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭ConcertKing

Passenger wrote: »

DuVall is a more than competent replacement tbh. His voice and timbre really suits the band, even when doing the older stuff.

Each to their own but I don't agree at all.

Layne was and is A.I.C. to me.

Advertisement