Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Alice in Chains, Olympia May 20

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Perifect

Got mine! I agree there should be some queuing system for true fans who are willing to spend their morning refreshing.

Thing is that touts would be willing to do that also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭whomenonotme

Got mine! I agree there should be some queuing system for true fans who are willing to spend their morning refreshing.

Upper circle?

Olympia theatre doesn't have an event on Sunday 19 May.... Fingers crossed for second gig

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,842 ✭✭✭s8n

doubtful, the band are only playing single shows on the entire tour

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,869 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

still some in Belfast if any are doing the slog

folks, If anyone has a spare standing for Dublin I will gladly take it and offer a ticket for Belfast in addition

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭keeponrockin

Hmmm im surprised this 'sold out' but its not sold out..i got tickets for 2 recent Olympia shows which were 'sold out' in the days before the gigs..just keep checking toutless and then ticketmaster in the week leading up to the show..they were some of the best seats in the house by the way clearly held back for the band/production..circle rows A and B. So dont give up hope just yet!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Allowing people to buy 8 tickets at a time for an event in the Olympia is an absolute unholy disgrace. What are Ticketmaster playing at??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

PropJoe10 wrote: »
    Allowing people to buy 8 tickets at a time for an event in the Olympia is an absolute unholy disgrace. What are Ticketmaster playing at??
    following the promoters instructions (or lack thereof) most likely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,887 ✭✭✭Zardoz

following the promoters instructions (or lack thereof) most likely.

The promoter being MCD which is now Livenation which owns Ticketmaster.
    Its laughable the way that you can buy 8 tickets but the only e ticket option is on your mobile phone.
    8 tickets on one phone ,ridiculous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 971 ✭✭✭phunkadelic

Zardoz wrote: »
    The promoter being MCD which is now Livenation which owns Ticketmaster.
    Its laughable the way that you can buy 8 tickets but the only e ticket option is on your mobile phone.
    8 tickets on one phone ,ridiculous.
    At least the Olympia has hard copy ticket option. The Academy doesnt even have that unless you pay a fiver for 'speedy dispatch with gift wrap'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭PCros

Rumours have it that Alice In Chains and Korn are soon set to announce a co-headlining tour in the summer - not sure if that will extend to Europe but its an interesting one.

Korn fan myself and don't know much about AIC but I do like a few of their song and I'm sure that can be said vice versa.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,143 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

PCros wrote: »
    Rumours have it that Alice In Chains and Korn are soon set to announce a co-headlining tour in the summer - not sure if that will extend to Europe but its an interesting one.

Korn fan myself and don't know much about AIC but I do like a few of their song and I'm sure that can be said vice versa.

Im guessing the tour will be an American tour

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭LoughNeagh2017

I really should join a mailing list or something, tickets sold out when I find out. I like their performances of the old songs but don't think the new material is that good. I only heard of them last year and Would has became one of my favourite songs, it was released the summer I was born.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,644 ✭✭✭Penfailed

Im guessing the tour will be an American tour

You're guessing correctly.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Pixies, Ride, Therapy?, Public Service Broadcasting, IDLES(x2), And So I Watch You From Afar

I really should join a mailing list or something, tickets sold out when I find out. I like their performances of the old songs but don't think the new material is that good. I only heard of them last year and Would has became one of my favourite songs, it was released the summer I was born.

Keep an eye on this forum. It's a good way to keep up to speed on upcoming gigs.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Pixies, Ride, Therapy?, Public Service Broadcasting, IDLES(x2), And So I Watch You From Afar

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭Farawayhome

Hello. So I have two seated tickets for Alice in Chains. I can no longer go. I want to sell them at face value. The only thing is that they are mobile only tickets! I selected e-tickets when I was buying them, I thought it would go to my email so I could print them. Does anyone know how to change them from mobile tickets or how to sell them otherwise?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭Lotus Flower

Hello. So I have two seated tickets for Alice in Chains. I can no longer go. I want to sell them at face value. The only thing is that they are mobile only tickets! I selected e-tickets when I was buying them, I thought it would go to my email so I could print them. Does anyone know how to change them from mobile tickets or how to sell them otherwise?

Sent you a PM!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Church on Tuesday

I have a Belfast standing ticket for swap with a Dublin standing if that suits anyone better.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 redzor

Does anybody know who is supporting in Dublin and Belfast, see BRMC are supporting on a few of the Europe leg ...

• Advertisement

I had to go the viagogo route for a ticket for this. Sad to see them all eaten up by touts

s8n wrote: »
    I had to go the viagogo route for a ticket for this. Sad to see them all eaten up by touts

Total joke.

Unfortunately this will continue to happen until Ticketmaster stop selling at 8 tickets per person for small capacity gigs. It's a joke.

PropJoe10 wrote: »
    Unfortunately this will continue to happen until Ticketmaster stop selling at 8 tickets per person for small capacity gigs. It's a joke.

You'd have thought that basic common sense would determine that but I guess not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,019 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Shouldve waited and see if any popped up on toutless. Only one so far but wasnt snapped up for 24 hours.

https://www.toutless.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=33909&p=220612&hilit=alice#p220612

• Registered Users Posts: 21 DeborahLQ

Hmmm im surprised this 'sold out' but its not sold out..i got tickets for 2 recent Olympia shows which were 'sold out' in the days before the gigs..just keep checking toutless and then ticketmaster in the week leading up to the show..they were some of the best seats in the house by the way clearly held back for the band/production..circle rows A and B. So dont give up hope just yet!

yeah, it seems shows that are 'sold out' are actually never sold out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭Undertow

The Nal wrote: »
    Shouldve waited and see if any popped up on toutless. Only one so far but wasnt snapped up for 24 hours.

https://www.toutless.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=33909&p=220612&hilit=alice#p220612

That was for the Belfast gig!

Undertow wrote: »

Yeah that's long since sold out. Many going to it here?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,019 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Undertow wrote: »

Ha soz. Same thing though. Keep an eye out and youre odds will be pretty good

Yeah that's long since sold out. Many going to it here?

Yes indeed!

Penfailed wrote: »
    Yes indeed!

Should be a good gig!

Anyone know who's supporting?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭keeponrockin

Pretty sure i saw something when the Irish gigs were announced that BRMC would not be supporting but cant remember from where.

Odd no support has been anounced yet

I have a spare Belfast ticket

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

Odd no support has been anounced yet

Cantrell should support :)

hetuzozaho wrote: »
    Cantrell should support :)

A set of Cantrell solo material would be just fine with me :D

Yeah it's a shame it never worked out and he had to go back to AIC name. Think I'd prefer a Jerry show with a few AIC thrown in as opposed to AIC without layne. Even though Jerry is the genius behind all the songs, the vocals were too much of it for me.

Yeah it's a shame it never worked out and he had to go back to AIC name. Think I'd prefer a Jerry show with a few AIC thrown in as opposed to AIC without layne. Even though Jerry is the genius behind all the songs, the vocals were too much of it for me.

I take your point, I love Layne too, but the stuff with Will is really good, I don't know if you have checked out Will era AIC but it's genuinely really good.

That being said I'd love someday to see Jerry do a solo tour again, his solo stuff is amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭ConcertKing

Agree with all you said bar the Jerry is the genuis behind all the songs.Layne wrote a fair bit too and had lots of influence on alot of the best AIC songs.

Will is obviously talented but not one post Layne song holds a candle to the stuff they did before Laynes passing.

Agree with all you said bar the Jerry is the genuis behind all the songs.Layne wrote a fair bit too and had lots of influence on alot of the best AIC songs.

Will is obviously talented but not one post Layne song holds a candle to the stuff they did before Laynes passing.

I really like BGWTB and Rainier Fog, but yeah Layne era Chains is the best, I could listen to Unplugged all day and often have.

I just view them as a different band. I love the new stuff, Rainier Fog is class and the 3 albums they've done with Will are 3 of my favourites of the last few years. I'd happily go and see a show made up of stuff from just the new albums, funnily enough!

Saying that, Layne Staley is one of my favourite vocalists of all time. He was utterly unique. One of the all time greats. It's fantastic that his music is still heard and still so popular.

• Advertisement

I take your point, I love Layne too, but the stuff with Will is really good, I don't know if you have checked out Will era AIC but it's genuinely really good.

That being said I'd love someday to see Jerry do a solo tour again, his solo stuff is amazing.

Oh I love the new stuff, but I'd imagine it's what Jerry would have wrote solo anyway, if ya get me. Actually Your Decision is playing now, would fit perfect on degradation trip. But the name was needed to make some cash I spose.

All opinions I guess, I just love Jerry's solo stuff, he kinda proved he could do it all. I don't think we'd have a load of stuff from Layne in a room by himself, but maybe in wrong :) obviously he had a lot of issues with drugs too where Jerry had to finish songs by himself etc.

But I love layne! And one of my favourite vocalists. And wish I'd seen him in his prime! Absolute legend.

Need to throw on some Mad Season!

(the liner notes by Jerry on music bank are a cool read actually)

All opinions I guess, I just love Jerry's solo stuff, he kinda proved he could do it all. I don't think we'd have a load of stuff from Layne in a room by himself, but maybe in wrong :) obviously he had a lot of issues with drugs too where Jerry had to finish songs by himself etc.

But I love layne! And one of my favourite vocalists. And wish I'd seen him in his prime! Absolute legend.

Need to throw on some Mad Season!

(the liner notes by Jerry on music bank are a cool read actually)

Love Mad Season, 'Above' is a great record!

All of Live at the Moore is up on YouTube now as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,386 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Must be rehearsing the run here as they've hit Dublin already which makes it a real shame they never squeezed in another show.

Must be rehearsing the run here as they've hit Dublin already which makes it a real shame they never squeezed in another show.

Yeah it's pretty disappointing, still trying to get tickets for the Dublin gig but no joy

Wynona Bleach have been announced as sole support act for Belfast and Dublin.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,750 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭Farawayhome

Yeah it's pretty disappointing, still trying to get tickets for the Dublin gig but no joy

I'm selling two to a poster from here. Meant to be tomorrow. If that falls through then you're next in line.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

what time would people advise queuing in the olympia to get pit passes? never tried before

• Advertisement

I'm selling two to a poster from here. Meant to be tomorrow. If that falls through then you're next in line.

Thanks very much! I'd only need the one though, if anyone needs a Belfast ticket let me know if I get sorted for Dublin, if that date suits anyone here better.

Advertisement