Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alice in Chains, Olympia May 20

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Woolygloves

Anyone know who support is tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭Sinbad311

Anyone know who support is tonight?

wynona bleach

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

Sinbad311 wrote: »
    wynona bleach

aka, stay for a few more pints instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

****ing excited now. Been waiting a loooong time for a headline show.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Church on Tuesday

Belfast it is then, might see some of ye there, I'll be the guy with the Facelift shirt, shaved head, glasses and beard :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,833 ✭✭✭s8n

Long time since I've seen such a drought on tickets. Not a sniff !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭phunkadelic

Pair on toutless for 100

• Registered Users Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭flasher0030

Pair on toutless for 100

They're all coming out of the woodwork on toutless now. Late run of tickets.

I'm still looking for a standing if anyone has one

Anyone know stage times

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭Funkfield

Anyone know stage times

From Olympia website

Approximate stage times as follows: doors open 7pm, support from Wynona Bleach around 8pm, with Alice In Chains due on stage at 9pm. We expect the show to be over around 10.30pm/10.45pm or so.

On the way to queue for a pass hopefully

Wow. That was incredible

• Registered Users, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

Bloody hell....that was fantastic!!!!!! :P

Well worth the wait. Sensational. Don't leave it so long next time please.

Got a pick off jerry. Far happier than any 29 year old adult has any right to be about that.

D.Q wrote: »
    Well worth the wait. Sensational. Don't leave it so long next time please.

Got a pick off jerry. Far happier than any 29 year old adult has any right to be about that.
    One of the 60 picks he sprayed around ha

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

I may have been up in the Gods of the Upper Circle, but that was incredible! Buzzing from the rafters :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭peter1892

Great gig - band in great form, crowd absolutely loved it - even up in the nosebleed seats! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,253 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Looking forward to Belfast later. Last night sounds like a cracker!

One of the 60 picks he sprayed around ha

:pac::pac::pac: still counts

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭keeponrockin

Urghh..had to sell our tickets last minute but saw them in Madrid last year at least..cant someone tell me this was crap..between facebook and here sounds like gig of the year :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Lotus Flower

Wow! Blown away by how good that was

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,695 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

What a night, the Alice in Chains sing-along. I think I was the only person they didn't recognise in the crowd and give a thumbs up to?! A very intimate gig.

Tabnabs wrote: »
    What a night, the Alice in Chains sing-along. I think I was the only person they didn't recognise in the crowd and give a thumbs up to?! A very intimate gig.

Anthem after Anthem. Crowd were so loud.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 porcupine3

I've been going to rock/metal gigs in Dublin for oooh about 38 years and that was the most involved I've seen any crowd. The place was full of die hard fans who sang their hearts out and in fairness were well behaved so we all got a chance to enjoy it. In fact most of the time I couldn't hear William DuVall just the lads behind me who weren't too bad at all! It was a fantastic gig. A great set and they just got to it without any waffle. Obviously the older stuff went down REALLY well, but I was there to hear them perform some of the stuff of The Devil.. and Rainier Fog and they didn't disappoint. The crowd were a bit muted by comparison (just a bit!) for the newer stuff and that suited me fine as I think Rainier Fog is a really good album. I don't think the sound was 100% though. Sean Kinney is one understated drummer, and a cool dude. I've waited a long time to see Alice in Chains and they were just awesome. Lots of highlights, Rooster to close the night is hard to beat.

porcupine3 wrote: »
    I've been going to rock/metal gigs in Dublin for oooh about 38 years and that was the most involved I've seen any crowd. The place was full of die hard fans who sang their hearts out and in fairness were well behaved so we all got a chance to enjoy it. In fact most of the time I couldn't hear William DuVall just the lads behind me who weren't too bad at all! It was a fantastic gig. A great set and they just got to it without any waffle. Obviously the older stuff went down REALLY well, but I was there to hear them perform some of the stuff of The Devil.. and Rainier Fog and they didn't disappoint. The crowd were a bit muted by comparison (just a bit!) for the newer stuff and that suited me fine as I think Rainier Fog is a really good album. I don't think the sound was 100% though. Sean Kinney is one understated drummer, and a cool dude. I've waited a long time to see Alice in Chains and they were just awesome. Lots of highlights, Rooster to close the night is hard to beat.

Sound wasn't the best, never is in the Olympia though.Thankfully the songs are strong enough to see them through.

Actually thought the support band had a better mix on the vocal harmonies.

It's deadly that they're still going. After losing Layne, they've done great to be at the level they are, and its great to hear Layne and Jerry's songs still being heard live. Really looking forward to the gig tonight!

porcupine3 wrote: »

Does the constant singing along bother anyone else. Great crowd and all, but it does drown out the band and sound smore like a sing along or karaoke.
    Noticed it a lot at Eddie Vedder in the point too. Theres so much singing along that you cant hear the band.

Does the constant singing along bother anyone else. Great crowd and all, but it does drown out the band and sound smore like a sing along or karaoke.
    Noticed it a lot at Eddie Vedder in the point too. Theres so much singing along that you cant hear the band.

Nah I love it. Really makes the atmosphere for me. Something special about a whole venue singing (badly) in unison.

• Advertisement

I'd much prefer that to people standing in stony silence for the whole gig! :D Shows that people are into it. Not a problem for me.

Advertisement