Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Devil vs God live in Waterford

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭alta stare

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    So mental health issues should be dealt with a 'kick up the hole'? Shur nobody knows the facts here, neither you or me, again, yes mental health issues can be drug and non-drug induced, if drug induced, why did this occur, why do drug users/addicts become so?

It appears you are letting your eyes do all the reading without your mind processing what you are actually reading. Read it again (minus the outrage) and you will see the context of what i said regarding the kick up the hole comment.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,101 ✭✭✭✭blade1

I'm just speaking against the mockery, I don't know the guy preaching only from what I've seen here. I am a Christian though, and I wouldn't be one if I didn't believe the Bible to be true. So it's for that reason I believe that people need to hear the gospel, Jesus' death, burial and resurrection for our sins. Especially so in this day and age that's getting more and more godless by the second. I see JW's there on the quay almost every morning with their stand out and pamphlets, and while I disagree with them I don't feel the need to mock them. I'm just glad to know that there are still people out there, like the preacher in the video, spreading the truth amongst all the confusion.

What's your view on dinosaurs?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,805 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

alta stare wrote: »
    It appears you are letting your eyes do all the reading without your mind processing what you are actually reading. Read it again (minus the outrage) and you will see the context of what i said regarding the kick up the hole comment.

the joys of an autistic and dyslexic mind unfortunately, i ll read it again later

the joys of an autistic and dyslexic mind unfortunately, i ll read it again later

Im not trying to insult you with my comment i apologise if you took it that way. I usually enjoy reading your posts but i feel on this one you are being ott regarding the comment aziz made which is also leading you to do the same to what i posted. Take what i posted into context and you wont get as offended.

Im not trying to insult you with my comment i apologise if you took it that way. I usually enjoy reading your posts but i feel on this one you are being ott regarding the comment aziz made which is also leading you to do the same to what i posted. Take what i posted into context and you wont get as offended.

point taken but you d be surprised at the lack of understanding and awareness of addiction problems and mental issues in society, theres been some great research over the years on it, always interesting to chat to professionals involved in the sector, its also disturbing to here the lack of services that are available to deal with it to

• Advertisement

point taken but you d be surprised at the lack of understanding and awareness of addiction problems and mental issues in society, theres been some great research over the years on it, always interesting to chat to professionals involved in the sector, its also disturbing to here the lack of services that are available to deal with it to

I know full well about the lack of understanding regarding mental health. As i said in the post earlier a family member is going through some issues which has affected their mental health. The threat of them taking their own life is very much there and it has all my family on edge. The authorities seem very slow to help with the issue and i fear it will be the final downfall.

Also i must addres your comment about autism aswell just in case you think i was being intentionally rude to you. My partners daughter has autism and i know how hard it can be. In fact imo that is less understood than mental health so it can be difficult to get the help needed. I would never disregard you or anyone else for having such issues to deal with.

I guess we never know what goes on with people and i hope that chap is ok. Unfortunately though when it comes to social media people love getting outraged, people add legs to stories, spread lies etc. Some people dont bother reading the whole story and then there is an section of people who believe everything they hear especially when it comes to anyone in a certain profession ie our paramedic friend as mentioned by Cabaal. BTW this is not a dig at you or Cabaal i just get perplexed at our reaction to what others may say from time to time. Its like some are waiting to be offended.

Facebook is toxic as is this place so id take what i see or read here or there with a pinch of salt.

I know full well about the lack of understanding regarding mental health. As i said in the post earlier a family member is going through some issues which has affected their mental health. The threat of them taking their own life is very much there and it has all my family on edge. The authorities seem very slow to help with the issue and i fear it will be the final downfall.

Also i must addres your comment about autism aswell just in case you think i was being intentionally rude to you. My partners daughter has autism and i know how hard it can be. In fact imo that is less understood than mental health so it can be difficult to get the help needed. I would never disregard you or anyone else for having such issues to deal with.

I guess we never know what goes on with people and i hope that chap is ok. Unfortunately though when it comes to social media people love getting outraged, people add legs to stories, spread lies etc. Some people dont bother reading the whole story and then there is an section of people who believe everything they hear especially when it comes to anyone in a certain profession ie our paramedic friend as mentioned by Cabaal. BTW this is not a dig at you or Cabaal i just get perplexed at our reaction to what others may say from time to time. Its like some are waiting to be offended.

Facebook is toxic as is this place so id take what i see or read here or there with a pinch of salt.

apologies im very busy now, i ll respond to your other comments asap, facebook and the internets is bloody dreadful at the best of times

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭extrapolate

blade1 wrote: »
    What's your view on dinosaurs?

I don't really understand your question, but I'm pretty sure they're extinct :P

• Registered Users Posts: 37,770 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Advertisement