Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello All, This is just a friendly reminder to read the Forum Charter where you wish to post before posting in it. :)

The Devil vs God live in Waterford

2

Comments

  • Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭ extrapolate
    Registered User


    Theres a difference between offering to spread the word to those who might be interested in it, as the Mormons and JW often do, and being a loud obnoxious preacher ramming your religious drivel down the throats and into the ears of those who don't want to have anything to do with it. That's not spreading the word. That's being an ignorant pr!ck.

    There is advertising shoved in our faces constantly from all directions. I think it's just because it's a controversial subject [Jesus] that causes the backlash. The Bible says faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God. So that's why people preach like this. It's not to be a "prick".


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,086 ✭✭✭✭ Harry Palmr


    Billboards are static and silent - the only "annoyance" is visual and that's passing as you go past it, or look in another direction - yelling the Lords words be it through a Klaxon or not is quite another matter. The mere fact he does this shows he is on a loser.


  • Registered Users Posts: 13,922 ✭✭✭✭ Johnboy1951
    Registered User


    There is advertising shoved in our faces constantly from all directions. I think it's just because it's a controversial subject [Jesus] that causes the backlash. The Bible says faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God. So that's why people preach like this. It's not to be a "prick".

    Maybe, if you explained without reference to some compendium of stories, compiled by a bunch of men with their own agenda, that were written too long ago to be relevant, by unknown authors, about characters that have no historical proof of existence, concerning acts which are not provable, others might take your explanation seriously.

    But I guess that would be a tall order.


  • Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭ extrapolate
    Registered User


    Maybe, if you explained without reference to some compendium of stories, compiled by a bunch of men with their own agenda, that were written too long ago to be relevant, by unknown authors, about characters that have no historical proof of existence, concerning acts which are not provable, others might take your explanation seriously.

    But I guess that would be a tall order.

    I don't understand your point. The Scriptures are just are relevant today as they ever were throughout history. I guess what you mean is that you have a problem with historians and archaeologists? You know, just because you live in this age doesn't make the ages that came before irrelevant to us.
    by unknown authors

    Untrue.
    about characters that have no historical proof of existence

    Also untrue.


  • Registered Users Posts: 13,922 ✭✭✭✭ Johnboy1951
    Registered User


    I don't understand your point. The Scriptures are just are relevant today as they ever were throughout history. I guess what you mean is that you have a problem with historians and archaeologists? You know, just because you live in this age doesn't make the ages that came before irrelevant to us.



    Untrue.



    Also untrue.


    Yep ..... I can accept that their relevance has not changed.
    The stories remain as irrelevant as ever.


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭ jimbojazz
    Registered User


    No one has even been able to provide even the slightest tangible evidence of the existence of a God/Gods or an afterlife.


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭ mooseknunkle


    We probably should start a thread with Waterfords weirdest videos

    This fella looks like he was possessed by god this morning outside the Ursuline

    https://www.facebook.com/AltviewIreland/videos/550750898742433/


  • Registered Users Posts: 13,922 ✭✭✭✭ Johnboy1951
    Registered User


    We probably should start a thread with Waterfords weirdest videos

    This fella looks like he was possessed by god this morning outside the Ursuline

    https://www.facebook.com/AltviewIreland/videos/550750898742433/

    That is indeed weird!


    :D:D


  • Registered Users Posts: 33,989 ✭✭✭✭ PTH2009
    Registered User


    We probably should start a thread with Waterfords weirdest videos

    This fella looks like he was possessed by god this morning outside the Ursuline

    https://www.facebook.com/AltviewIreland/videos/550750898742433/

    WTF is going on in Waterford

    FFS its outside a school

    The mental would be the best place for that guy whatever hes on


  • Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭ Mulbert
    Registered User


    At least the locals took the situation to hand fairly quickly.


  • Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭ TheQuietFella


    PTH2009 wrote: »
    WTF is going on in Waterford

    FFS its outside a school

    The mental would be the best place for that guy whatever hes on


    Who though lets these people in to the country? :mad:


  • Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭ sitkaspruce
    Registered User


    If it was an hour or two later and that creature had burst into the school how would they have reacted?


  • Registered Users Posts: 26,561 ✭✭✭✭ Wanderer78
    Banned


    Who though lets these people in to the country?


    Who thought, bring these people into the country, and don't provide them with their most critical of needs, and expect things to be grand!


  • Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭ aziz
    Registered User


    Wanderer78 wrote: »
    Who thought, bring these people into the country, and don't provide them with their most critical of needs, and expect things to be grand!

    Critical needs, what he is in need of, is a good boot in the hole


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭ TheQuietFella


    All these countries just round up their great unwashed and put them on a boat and wish them 'bon voyage' and push them out to sea only to see where they end up and we gleefully embrace them in to our communities!!!

    What a fantastic solution they have of ridding themselves of... issues!!! :D


  • Registered Users Posts: 33,989 ✭✭✭✭ PTH2009
    Registered User


    I wonder what drugs or drunk yer man was on


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭ mooseknunkle


    PTH2009 wrote: »
    I wonder what drugs or drunk yer man was on

    Looking at the comments on the video one in particular from the paramedic,this had nothing to do with drugs or drink.


  • Registered Users Posts: 26,561 ✭✭✭✭ Wanderer78
    Banned


    aziz wrote:
    Critical needs, what he is in need of, is a good boot in the hole


    Is this what we should do to all those that show signs of psychological difficulties?


  • Registered Users Posts: 33,989 ✭✭✭✭ PTH2009
    Registered User


    Looking at the comments on the video one in particular from the paramedic,this had nothing to do with drugs or drink.

    Wow must be a mental breakdown

    That provision house is prob not the most ideal place


  • Registered Users Posts: 26,561 ✭✭✭✭ Wanderer78
    Banned


    PTH2009 wrote:
    That provision house is prob not the most ideal place


    Probably not the most ideal place for any human


  • Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,217 Mod ✭✭✭✭ Cabaal
    Ultra Running Mod


    aziz wrote: »
    Critical needs, what he is in need of, is a good boot in the hole

    Let's hope nobody in your family has mental health issues, your solution is clearly to assault them.

    We've come so far in relation to mental health in Ireland, but the comments like this show some people still live in the dark ages.

    The stigma is still alive and well.


  • Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭ alta stare
    Registered User


    Cabaal wrote: »
    Let's hope nobody in your family has mental health issues, your solution is clearly to assault them.

    We've come so far in relation to mental health in Ireland, but the comments like this show some people still live in the dark ages.

    The stigma is still alive and well.

    But do we know it is a mental health issue or are we relying on Facebook comments from paramedics who may just be presuming it is a mental health issue?


  • Registered Users Posts: 26,561 ✭✭✭✭ Wanderer78
    Banned


    alta stare wrote:
    But do we know it is a mental health issue or are we relying on Facebook comments from paramedics who may just be presuming it is a mental health issue?


    Oh ffs, does a mentally stable person behaving like this? It's clearly some sort of mental health disturbance, possibly psychosis


  • Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭ alta stare
    Registered User


    Wanderer78 wrote: »
    Oh ffs, does a mentally stable person behaving like this? It's clearly some sort of mental health disturbance, possibly psychosis

    Drugs my friend. Could be drugs. Acid or the likes could make a person behave like that. Just because a paramedic says it is mental health doesnt mean it is unless of course he/she attended the treatment of the man. If that is the case then they shouldn't be on Facebook discussing it.


  • Registered Users Posts: 26,561 ✭✭✭✭ Wanderer78
    Banned


    alta stare wrote:
    Drugs my friend. Could be drugs. Acid or the likes could make a person behave like that. Just because a paramedic says it is mental health doesnt mean it is unless of course he/she attended the treatment of the man. If that is the case then they shouldn't be on Facebook discussing it.


    Drugs can and do induce mental health disturbances such as psychosis, but not exclusively, I know someone who recently experienced non-drug induced psychosis, caused by severe anxiety and depression. I've never had a Facebook account, just plenty of personal experience with mental health issues


  • Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭ alta stare
    Registered User


    Wanderer78 wrote: »
    Drugs can and do induce mental health disturbances such as psychosis, but not exclusively, I know someone who recently experienced non-drug induced psychosis, caused by severe anxiety and depression. I've never had a Facebook account, just plenty of personal experience with mental health issues

    Im not saying that chap has not got mental health issues all im saying is how do we know it wasnt drugs or the likes? Just because a paramedic said so on Facebook doesnt mean it is factual.

    If it is a mental health issue then how was this man ever let into this country? We barely deal with our own peoples mental health so we should not be accepting in people who only add to the issues which our mental health services face.


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭ Alvaro Poor Housetop


    Yes there is. No-one going about their daily life in the city wants to hear some jesus nut mouthing off about salvation and damnation. And I'm sure businesses in the vicinity would rather he was not there. Especially a cafe with outdoor seating. Who want's to sit down for coffee and listen to preaching? And some people might be put off in case he'd come over and bother them.

    Nothing wrong with religion. Each to their own. But they shouldn't be out mouthing off around the street making a nuisance of themselves.

    They do it in Cork too. There's mormons, but they are harmless enough and they keep to themselves for the most part and let people approach if they want. But now and again there are hard core preachers, mouthing off about this or that and handing out bits of literature. Piss off away from me!

    I take it you have the same objection to the "social activists" mouthing off on the street about some bee in their bonnet,?


  • Registered Users Posts: 26,561 ✭✭✭✭ Wanderer78
    Banned


    alta stare wrote:
    Im not saying that chap has not got mental health issues all im saying is how do we know it wasnt drugs or the likes? Just because a paramedic said so on Facebook doesnt mean it is factual.

    We don't, without a drugs test, but again, how do we know it wasn't drugs either? I didn't read Facebook comments, just using my own knowledge, and if it was drug induced, how and why did it occur?

    alta stare wrote:
    If it is a mental health issue then how was this man ever let into this country? We barely deal with our own peoples mental health so we should not be accepting in people who only add to the issues which our mental health services face.

    Mental health disturbances can be environmentally induced, did this occur here, and should we simply ignore it?


  • Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭ alta stare
    Registered User


    Wanderer78 wrote: »
    We don't, without a drugs test, but again, how do we know it wasn't drugs either? I didn't read Facebook comments, just using my own knowledge, and if it was drug induced, how and why did it occur?




    Mental health disturbances can be environmentally induced, did this occur here, and should we simply ignore it?

    So you agree with me regarding the drugs theory yet you appeared frustrated at the very notion i suggested it may have been drugs and not a mental health issue? Im not on Facebook either im just adressing the comments made that is wasnt drugs by a paramedic on Facebook which was mentioned by Cabaal in the post i originally replied to.

    I know there are many factors which can induce mental health issues and many people suffer from mental health problems alot more than we know of. I have a family member who has us all on edge with the sporadic breakdowns and hints of ending everything so i know how this works regarding someones mindset. Unfortunately though almost most things these days are attributed to mental health when sometimes all is needed is a reality check and maybe as aziz said a kick up the hole. The reaction regarding his comment is a bit ott as we dont know why that chap in the video acted the way did. If someone can come along and state as fact it was because of mental health then fair enough.
    By the way i dont agree with azizs comments i just dont see why people are quick to jump all over them without knowing the facts.

    In this mans case though it is not clear as to what happened. That man was either high as a kite or he has a serious issue with his mental well being. My opinion is he was on drugs. I wonder if i was on Facebook and masqueraded as an expert on drugs would people believe me that it was drugs? Probably.


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,561 ✭✭✭✭ Wanderer78
    Banned


    alta stare wrote:
    I know there are many factors which can induce mental health issues and many people suffer from mental health problems alot more than we know of. I have a family member who has us all on edge with the sporadic breakdowns and hints of ending everything so i know how this works regarding someones mindset. Unfortunately though almost most things these days are attributed to mental health when sometimes all is needed is a reality check and maybe as aziz said a kick up the hole. The reaction regarding his comment is a bit ott as we dont know why that chap in the video acted the way did. If someone can come along and state as fact it was because of mental health then fair enough. By the way i dont agree with azizs comments i just dont see why people are quick to jump all over them without knowing the facts.


    So mental health issues should be dealt with a 'kick up the hole'? Shur nobody knows the facts here, neither you or me, again, yes mental health issues can be drug and non-drug induced, if drug induced, why did this occur, why do drug users/addicts become so?


Advertisement