Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Some Zoe questions

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,779 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

BENDYBINN wrote: »
    Tut tut tut tut.......
    Have you not been told by the experts on hear that only a fool goes for battery rental.......

I guess i'm a fool then :D

anyway, nothing is set in stone at the moment and if its the only way to get into being an EV user and experiencing all its other benefits thats the only way it looks like we are going to afford it.

if money was no object and they werent a hell of a lot more expensive of course we would go down the avenue of one with no rental.

You try to get an EV of 2015 vintage without battery rental for 7grand - good luck with that.

maybe could get Leaf 2011 for same price - but of course thats getting older than 2015 car , want to try and get as new car as possible but give electric a go .

so if anyone got any other ideas , that would be good .. and no we have no money to put against the 7grand nor want to save up any more years and get an EV in the future when we have any more money because that may never happen. - its now or never (well I feel) although the wife would most probably go for a small ICE car with 3cylinders (although she did not like the chugginess vibrations in the last 3cyl ICE cars before when she test drove them) and when I showed her all the electronic gadgets and features the Zoe had that got her even more in it. - I bet if it didnt have the pre heating, traction control , cruise control , sat nav, and all other goodies it would have been a different story.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

- I bet if it didnt have the pre heating, traction control , cruise control , sat nav, and all other goodies it would have been a different story.

A fair few 2015 ICE cars have these sort of specs.

how much will a Zoe cost you ? how much PM will your battery rental be ?

Stheno wrote: »
    A fair few 2015 ICE cars have these sort of specs.

I dunno with EV - 120 a year vehicle tax is attractive (I suppose that could change some time - hopefully not)

- free charging when out and about (yes I know , charging for charging is supposed to be coming in this year, great timing!)

No more handing cash over at the petrol station (although with battery rental money saved on petrol will have to go to that)

No more smelly fumes

lovely and quiet

no nasty vibration when idling - no engine noise whilst driving (although as you have no engine noise I see you hear more road noise in an EV - turn radio up? :D )

owning a piece of the future? - good talking point?

I suppose there are more plusses (and more negatives as well i suppose?)

how much will a Zoe cost you ? how much PM will your battery rental be ?

still TBC on the cost of one - was going to get from NI as they seem to be cheaper up there and no VRT on them down here and some people say the NI / UK cars are driven better .. on better roads (any truth in that?) - so would be better buying rather than a used on used in ireland (ROI) thats what some people believe anyway.

Battery rental - I think the wife said she would go for 15,000km at 1,032 per year (ouch, I know :eek:) - its frightening when you say it like that - over 3 years 3,096.00 for 3 years (painful in the end!) if i calculated it OK , and you would look back on it in 3 years time and think look how much I have paid for the car in total.. but ah sure what can you do, you cannot avoid it if thats the avenue you have to go down to get an affordable used EV car . - it will just negate most of the saving on buying petrol , that along with charging (if you pay for charging) - but at the end of the day a cleaner running car , and a car of the future with lots of nice features for the price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65,071 ✭✭✭✭unkel

you would look back on it in 3 years time and think look how much I have paid for the car in total.. but ah sure what can you do

Listen to good advice?

unkel wrote: »
    Listen to good advice?

yeah its a toughie - but i just know i will be like a kid in a sweet shop of she does go for an EV as her next car rather than another plain ol ICE car.

of course if I kept on and said "I think the next car we should get should be an electric one " and it goes belly up and she ends up hating it or not getting on with it i most probably rightly so will get the blame.

€19.11 weekly on battery rental (€86 PM - 15,000km per year) - but she would be spending more on petrol per week , and you get breakdown assistant included , have I got that right or am I making a mistake because 19.11per week for the battery rental - when its presented like that it dont look too bad. But as I say maybe I am calculating it wrong?

https://www.renaultbelgard.ie/web/renault-electric-car-battery-cost/

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

1032/52 is 19.84 per week

Do you think you can actually afford an ev?

Stheno wrote: »
    1032/52 is 19.84 per week

Do you think you can actually afford an ev?

hopefully when saving on fuel and car tax .

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,672 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

€19.11 weekly on battery rental (€86 PM - 15,000km per year) - but she would be spending more on petrol per week , and you get breakdown assistant included , have I got that right or am I making a mistake because 19.11per week for the battery rental - when its presented like that it dont look too bad. But as I say maybe I am calculating it wrong?

https://www.renaultbelgard.ie/web/renault-electric-car-battery-cost/

Which you will be paying for twice now as it comes as part of your insurance policy. I think you've been told that once or twice...…..

• Advertisement

kceire wrote: »
    Which you will be paying for twice now as it comes as part of your insurance policy. I think you've been told that once or twice...…..

not according to my wife , I said "have we got breakdown cover with our insurance?" and she said no

it might be my age or early dementia kicking in but all this digging at me about "you have been told this before" is not helping - what is it some kind of point scoring thing like "I can remember things better than you" or what?

some things my brain takes in when I am reading stuff on boards and some other things maybe either it didnt sink in or I just missed the post or just forgotten or what I dont know - but Jeez give me a break though its bloody annoying!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

not according to my wife , I said "have we got breakdown cover with our insurance?" and she said no

Didn't come with a "fully comprehensive" policy from Axa for me either so I added it.

ethernet wrote: »
    Didn't come with a "fully comprehensive" policy from Axa for me either so I added it.

she got an AA breakdown (got it really because of old 2003 Clio we got got just in case it breaks down)

Actually come to think of it , I shall have to look up on AA and see what the stance is on an Electric Vehicle .. I am wondering now if it extends to Electric Vehicles , maybe it just covers breakdown in ICE cars???

Anyway maybe she will cancel the AA policy if we get a Zoe because of the breakdown cover on the battery rental , be silly to have 2 breakdown policy if they both cover the same

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,672 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

it might be my age or early dementia kicking in but all this digging at me about "you have been told this before" is not helping - what is it some kind of point scoring thing like "I can remember things better than you" or what?

some things my brain takes in when I am reading stuff on boards and some other things maybe either it didnt sink in or I just missed the post or just forgotten or what I dont know - but Jeez give me a break though its bloody annoying!

Fair enough. That's the last time ill mention it.
    Maybe get your wife to read some of the posts on all your threads as the info seems to be lost on you at times.

Posters on here have tried to aid you in making a decision, but you are choosing to ignore it, so that will be the last from me, i;m out.

Go test drive an EV then come back with actual realistic questions.

yes just so everyone is straight I am so greatful of the helpful advice that people have given ,,, you know and its so better getting advice on this group because when you search for reviews on the internet a lot of the time they are not even done in ireland, or they are biased reviews or incorrect information , but like when you are making decisions you normally take on board what others have said (well I do) and the helpful advice people have given and then add that and weigh it up with what I know (or think i know, from as much research I have done) and then weigh up the pro's and cons and then kind of make a decision .

But even then sometimes I make a decision and then change my mind sometimes .. yeah, but its still good to try and get as many peoples views as possible

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭BENDYBINN

yes just so everyone is straight I am so greatful of the helpful advice that people have given ,,, you know and its so better getting advice on this group because when you search for reviews on the internet a lot of the time they are not even done in ireland, or they are biased reviews or incorrect information , but like when you are making decisions you normally take on board what others have said (well I do) and the helpful advice people have given and then add that and weigh it up with what I know (or think i know, from as much research I have done) and then weigh up the pro's and cons and then kind of make a decision .

But even then sometimes I make a decision and then change my mind sometimes .. yeah, but its still good to try and get as many peoples views as possible

Don’t rush it Andy don’t rush it!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

Another point, in this very cold weather, my GOM [KM Guess o Meter] is down to 221KM on a full charge. It's normally hovering around 270KM in warm weather. Not a huge thing but something to be aware of.

Renault themselves advertise the Zoe41 as having a 300km range in summer and 200km in winter. I posted this before (with a link) in the main Renault Zoe thread. So nothing to worry about. In fact you probably have a light foot, RangeR :)

Hang on a min, did I miss a year or two of this thread, is Andy now considering a 40 Kwh Zoe ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

In fact you probably have a light foot, RangeR :)

I'm not known for that :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,433 ✭✭✭Markcheese

Does anyone know what the lease terms are on zoe? Is it indefinite... Or up after 10 years...

Slava ukraini 🇺🇦

It's forever. And to add insult to injury, when the car is finally scrapped, you will have to pay Renault to do so and pay for shipment of the battery to France (for recycling)

Don't do it...

It's forever. And to add insult to injury, when the car is finally scrapped, you will have to pay Renault to do so and pay for shipment of the battery to France (for recycling)

Don't do it...

Well then, that puts pay to that then....

Slava ukraini 🇺🇦

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,808 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

I posted about the Zoe battery lease on another thread and was told there’s none in Ireland any more, which is it?

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭Round Cable

slave1 wrote: »
    I posted about the Zoe battery lease on another thread and was told there’s none in Ireland any more, which is it?

There is none on any new Zoe, however some second hand models may still be battery lease.

There is no battery rental on the 40 Kwh Zoe only on the older 22 Kwh.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,647 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

There is no battery rental on the 40 Kwh Zoe only on the older 22 Kwh.
    *In Ireland.

In other countries (eg UK) it was possible to buy the ZE40 with battery lease, and these could come in as grey imports. I know Phil from Electric Autos had one for sale a while back.

ELM327 wrote: »
    *In Ireland.

In other countries (eg UK) it was possible to buy the ZE40 with battery lease, and these could come in as grey imports. I know Phil from Electric Autos had one for sale a while back.

Ah good point. Jesus , why does it have to be so complicated for people.

Ah good point. Jesus , why does it have to be so complicated for people.

And just wait till the new zoe arrives, either end of this year or start of next, and the creative shift the last old ones starts,
    There'll be pre—registered brand new ones (old model) coming in, with battery lease..
    Ór ré-batteryed upgraded to 41 kW, but with a dearer lease, won't know Wether they're coming or going.... ;-)

Slava ukraini 🇺🇦

• Advertisement

ah well after all that and thanks to everyone who has inputted (well helpful advice :p ) on this thread - the wife has gone off the Idea of electric car altogether now (women are entitled to change their mind I suppose) and the particular zoe we were going to look at has had a deposit put on it now. (maybe things happen for a reason?) - said she dont feel ready for an electric car. She has made her decision and i am not going to bully her into changing her mind. - Think the current decision/main factors is the battery rental issue and the good ol range fear or whatever its called and is now looking at 2013/14 Mk4 Renault 1.1 Clio petrol cars now on done deal and adverts .

want to thank everyone for all the advice and sorry it never was to be (I could really smell it and was seeing a Zoe on our drive and was going through the motions of plugging it in ... in my head anyway) I thought it was going to be areality. at the end of the day it will be her car and she will be paying back for it at the end of the day , so she may as well get a car she will be comfortable/familiar with. - one day though i still would like the idea of owning a zoe still.

Advertisement