Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snow Ice Warning for Ireland 29 Jan to 03 Feb 2019 *See Mod Note in OP *

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,304 ✭✭✭Acosta

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    The Americans must be laughing at us!

6C and sunny in Cork city, I just keep thinking of all that wasted precipitation this morning :(

I'd take any level of cold instead of 4C with driving wind and rain as it was this morning. ****ing horrible weather.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭Jimbob1977

Zero happening in Limerick City

Just drizzle.

Damp squib

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Light snow flurries starting up again in Castlebar.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,013 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

The precip seems to be filling in that gap in the Irish Sea and heading in

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭kittyn

Snowing here now :)

Ticknock

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,836 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Quick burst of heavy sleet/graupel in Dublin 16. 2.8c DP 0.7c atm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

davidsr20 wrote: »
    Why are u on this tread so?

I'm on it just to annoy the snow huggers :)...,............and to decide whether i should go home tonight or tomorrow.

,......and to annoy the snow huggers ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,905 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Really horrible day in Galway, started raining/sleet around 8am and has not stopped, bitterly cold temp 4 degrees in strong East wind. So where has the snow gone or is that it.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,836 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Mod Note: All snow haters and snow lovers are welcome on this forum. Let's try and live in harmony (....and cut out the sniping).

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭Captain Snow

Some Big Snow showers will be coming in off the Irish sea tonight. The 528 Dam line will right over us.

107uglc.png

29xxc2q.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭derekon

Some Big Snow showers will be coming in off the Irish sea tonight. The 528 Dam line will right over us.

LOL, given them way this winter has gone, I'm expecting NOTHING here in Dublin!!!!

D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

Radar saying Drogheda is under a band of precip, it's bone dry.

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Snowbiee21

107uglc.png

29xxc2q.png[/quote

Marginal .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭Artane2002

DOCARCH wrote: »
    Quick burst of heavy sleet/graupel in Dublin 16. 2.8c DP 0.7c atm.

Lol this proves that the precipitation is avoiding me :p. Nothing anywhere near heavy here but there's heavy stuff to my north, west and south.

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭Captain Snow

Snowbiee21 wrote: »

107uglc.png

29xxc2q.png[/quote

Marginal .

29oia7n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Ray Donovan

Travelling across the width of Offaly for the second time today and
    Not a snowflake to be seen all day. Well done Midlands Weather Channel (Again)

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭TTLF
    save the trouble and jazz it up

3.9C at my station in D14. Not sure if it's my location or if its where my station is at, (only got it recently)

anyway Hail to rain to hail again, its really bizzare. ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

I think that's more or less it now. No real chance of anything of note at low levels. When you look at where our cold is supposed to come from we don't have any. Temperatures in the North, where yesterday's snow depths are pretty much gone today, are all above zero. We're relying purely on radiational cooling this evening to cool the air to cold enough, and that will not happen as much as is needed. Yes, a few spots of wet flakes coming down to low levels, but that'll be the exception rather than the rule this evening and tonight.

Tomorrow's easterly will be from the UK, which is by no means in the freezer at the moment. Any streamers that set up will be the wrong side of marginal for where they hit along the east.

Returning polar maritime air, recycled over and over, just does not cut it.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭KingBobby

How accurate is the My Altitude app supposed to be? It's putting me at 322m and I would have estimated my being about 50m below that in reality.

I'm on the slopes of the south Dublin mountains here and while the ground is technically white, you couldn't even make a few decent snowballs out of this slushy mess. I hate snow from westerlies!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭pad199207

It would want to be a miracle now this evening for snow to stick anywhere that’s low lying.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

KingBobby wrote: »
    How accurate is the My Altitude app supposed to be? It's putting me at 322m and I would have estimated my being about 50m below that in reality.

I'm on the slopes of the south Dublin mountains here and while the ground is technically white, you couldn't even make a few decent snowballs out of this slushy mess. I hate snow from westerlies!

I have found it spot on, within a metre.

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Snowbiee21

I think that's more or less it now. No real chance of anything of note at low levels. When you look at where our cold is supposed to come from we don't have any. Temperatures in the North, where yesterday's snow depths are pretty much gone today, are all above zero. We're relying purely on radiational cooling this evening to cool the air to cold enough, and that will not happen as much as is needed. Yes, a few spots of wet flakes coming down to low levels, but that'll be the exception rather than the rule this evening and tonight.

Tomorrow's easterly will be from the UK, which is by no means in the freezer at the moment. Any streamers that set up will be the wrong side of marginal for where they hit along the east.

@captainsnow the luck is out the window

• Registered Users Posts: 6,619 ✭✭✭Glebee

Was his forecast for buckets of snow??? Not a flake down here in Offaly..

• Registered Users Posts: 16,702 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Well the snow from this morning turned to sleet, and melted all the snow cover, but now with the wind switch it's back to snow again for the last 30 minutes

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

How is south west UK getting snow? They rarely get much down there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Ray Donovan

Glebee wrote: »
    Was his forecast for buckets of snow??? Not a flake down here in Offaly..

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=2277367662281755&id=740149726003564

Indeed it was!

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Mooro

Are they the ones that forecast 5cm of snow last night :) Hasn't stopped raining all day.

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭tucker1971

I thought on what I read earlier that they gave snow accumulations across Offaly? As far out as a lighthouse

• Registered Users Posts: 33,741 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Transitioning to full on snow here on the hills in Kilkenny.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kamili

Nope that was way off all along, that was never the forecast

Advertisement