Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Irish" tourists dump rubbish on NZ beach, threaten locals

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,240 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Probably does more riding than all of boards combined.
    I am not mad into horses but I would well believe ya.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

Gwynplaine wrote: »
    What were they doing in New Zealand in the first place?
    Apparently they wanted to see the Hobbits.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,176 ✭✭✭ToBeFrank123

Have they got their own reality TV show over there yet?

Sounds like New Zealanders are fascinated and appalled by them in equal measure which is usually the ingredients of a reality TV show.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,137 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

Have they got their own reality TV show over there yet?

Sounds like New Zealanders are fascinated and appalled by them in equal measure which is usually the ingredients of a reality TV show.

New Zealand is a bit behind the times in some ways so maybe.

Anyway it's alright folks.

According to the Daily Mail they are Brits.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6611715/Gypsy-travellers-terrorising-New-Zealand-leave-hotel-room-cigarettes-red-bull-SPAGHETTI.html

Fecks sake they must be if they are publishing it, otherwise the headline would have been Irish travellers.

BTW Joe Doran, pictured above, is happily married to Miley.

No not that Miley, he's dead.:(

Well here is interesting little nugget in the story.

https://www.news.com.au/travel/travel-updates/incidents/pregnant-unruly-tourist-vomited-blood-in-cells/news-story/114962cce9045943d275c255512c7b2e
    A pregnant member of the family of unruly tourists accused of stealing and creating havoc across New Zealand claims she “vomited blood” while under arrest in police cells.

Tina Maria Cash, 26, is one of the British holidaymakers “from hell” creating world headlines with their antics caught on camera going viral.

The group is accused of dumping rubbish on a beach, scamming for free meals by claiming their food is contaminated with ants or hair, and abusing locals with a child shouting and giving the finger.

Cash faced Hamilton District Court on NZ’s North Island on Tuesday and pleaded guilty to two counts of theft for stealing energy drinks, a rope and sunglasses from an Auckland service station.

Now where have I seen that surname before?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,733 ✭✭✭✭zell12

TheTimes - Leader of unruly British family in NZ ‘dyes hair blond’ to avoid identification
    ..a spree across New Zealand have tried to disguise themselves as locals track and broadcast their movements on social media.

NZH - Brother of unruly tourists says their names have been 'trashed' following holiday of hell

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

So ethnic Irish travellers from England.

Mystery finally solved.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,754 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

They are British nationals and of Irish traveller ethnicity. Its not too hard to understand.
    So ethnic Irish travellers from England.

Mystery finally solved.

Catch up complete, DLH ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,754 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

zell12 wrote: »

"They've been targeted because they are Travellers."

Quelle surprise!

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭Scarlet42

any word on how they got on in Hong Kong??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

jmayo wrote: »
    What an example of manhood. :D

The come hither look for possible mates.

JLWTLB5UMFFTHBW47EHED5XYTA.jpg

Brendan Behan's great grandson?? (spit of him)

• Registered Users Posts: 40,260 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

fryup wrote: »

and probably as familiar with Borstal.

I've never seen a more contented looking man in all my life.

Living the dream. I wish I could be out there enjoying the NZ summer, sowing buideals and leaning up against SUVs.

Would beat freezing my arse off up here.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

We're screwed - reddit's little alien has become real & hit the beer

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Pythagorean

This is a prime example of a food converter, he converts calories into fat, and apart from criminal activity, that's his main function.

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭Scarlet42

I see there was a British male up in court yesterday for an assault charge on that same beach, tried to run someone over with his car and take her phone.

DailyMail screams:
    'People were calling me gypsy scum':
    British tourists crash their car before erupting into a blazing family argument - hours after one of their clan, 26, was charged with assault

crashed the Honda Odyssey because he was distracted by people calling them 'gypsy scum' while reversing in Mangere.
    The car hit a curb with such force that the front airbags popped and two tyres burst.

8924260-6626073-image-a-4_1548318720939.jpg

DailyMail
    British traveller family hang around shirtless and swigging Red Bull outside NZ hotel as they say they will SUE mayor who declared them 'worse than pigs'
    The four adult Dorans were served with 28-day deportation liability notices by New Zealand’s immigration service.

They drink some amount of redbull. No wonder they're so aggressive.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,758 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

Paddy Cow wrote: »
    They drink some amount of redbull. No wonder they're so aggressive.

No wonder their lifespan is not as long as settled people (or country people as they call us).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,761 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

Had the misfortune of coming across some traveller culture on the Waterford - Dublin train yesterday evening. At Bagnalstown a mother and about 8 children come on and proceeded to completely wreck carriage A of the train. Of course took all they pre-reserved seats, which people didn't dare not claim back when they got on.

They were completely feral, running wild and causing chaos on the train. Throwing food at each other (which landed everywhere and on other passengers), interfering with peoples possessions (putting down laptop screens, knocking stuff over on the tables, jumping up on their arm rests etc). Ma all this time completely ignored the carry on, preferring to surf on her phone, occasionally roaring a them to stop (they didn't). The mother fed them an absolute amount of sh!te - coke, sweets, crisps. The carriage was like a war zone at the end - floor strewn with food which was mashed into the carpet, food wrappers and rubbish everywhere. Two hours of absolute hell. Sure it's great to see my hard earned tax euros being put to good use.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,810 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

Pinch Flat wrote: »
    Had the misfortune of coming across some traveller culture on the Waterford - Dublin train yesterday evening. At Bagnalstown a mother and about 8 children come on and proceeded to completely wreck carriage A of the train. Of course took all they pre-reserved seats, which people didn't dare not claim back when they got on.

They were completely feral, running wild and causing chaos on the train. Throwing food at each other (which landed everywhere and on other passengers), interfering with peoples possessions (putting down laptop screens, knocking stuff over on the tables, jumping up on their arm rests etc). Ma all this time completely ignored the carry on, preferring to surf on her phone, occasionally roaring a them to stop (they didn't). The mother fed them an absolute amount of sh!te - coke, sweets, crisps. The carriage was like a war zone at the end - floor strewn with food which was mashed into the carpet, food wrappers and rubbish everywhere. Two hours of absolute hell. Sure it's great to see my hard earned tax euros being put to good use.

It's sickening.

This is why I never use trains back home, what is the point in pre booking seats ?

Would he have been able to leave the country or would they have marked his passport?

DailyMail screams:
    British tourists crash their car before erupting into a blazing family argument - hours after one of their clan, 26, was charged with assault

crashed the Honda Odyssey because he was distracted by people calling them 'gypsy scum' while reversing in Mangere.
    The car hit a curb with such force that the front airbags popped and two tyres burst.

Is Pikeys used in NZ?

It wouldn't surprise me if one of the clan wrote that for the picture.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

So are these the same Irish? Who are now British from Liverpool?

Elderly NZ woman claims rowdy tourist charged her $9000 to fix roof, then ran away

'I was outside, they passed by and they said "we would be able to get your roof alright," and I didn't know there was something wrong with it but I thought it wouldn't be too bad.
    I let them in and showed them where my paint came off in the toilet and bathroom a bit and thought it might need to be a bit dried up and they said "yes, we can do that".
    They said if they want to work with these machines they would have to pay $8800 and after they have done the job, I would get the money back, and they disappeared with the $8800.'
    Ms Leonard is holding onto hope that her money will be returned.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,653 ✭✭✭corks finest

seamus wrote: »
    I'm assuming by your use of quotes to refer to travellers as "Irish" OP, that you recognise their separate ethnicity?
    Thanks be to God they are now officially separate

DailyMail screams:

Is Pikeys used in NZ?

It wouldn't surprise me if one of the clan wrote that for the picture.
    He forgot to add dirty , disgusting,troublesome and not wanted in their beautiful country

• Advertisement

Pinch Flat wrote: »

The p.c. brigade will shortly be along to back up these creatures as if it's the norm to behave like this,it's not,HSE need to get involved

Advertisement