Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Margaret Cash steals €300 worth of clothes from Penneys and aftermath/etc!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Gravelly

The poorest and most neglected who can go on a troublemaking tour of the antipodes.

Get up the yard.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

You're 100% right I only set up an account because I can't believe some of the stuff on this thread.
    Only browse boards sometimes to catch up with what's going on at home as I live in the UK now.
    So much hatred for probably the poorest and most neglected people in society, it's incredible.

My point about the NZ story was that it was on the Irish news a few days ago, then it was reported here (UK) yesterday as being English people. I thought I wonder is that the 'Irish Travellers' that were all over the Irish news?

What interest should Irish people have in English people causing trouble in NZ??

Anyone who regards travellers as amongst the poorest and most neglected people in the country is someone i am keen to do business with

I have some extremely valuable beans just waiting for the right investor

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Poor and neglected ???

Come to my local Aldi on the first Tuesday of any month. (Childrens allowance day). Hav a look at some of the machinery parked in the disabled spaces, not a blue badge between them. Then go to the off licence and watch people with an array of gold on display loading slabs of beer into the trollies. The only neglect on display is the parents neglecting to check their children for helping themselves to sweets and chocolate.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,762 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

Poorest and most neglected.....

I do hope you are talking about the travellers animals because you must be sniffing glue if you think the travellers are anyway close neglected or poor.
    Poorest and most neglected?!
    I’d be hard pressed to find a working family who could splash out 600 euro on an 8 year olds suit, or having a custom mini wedding dress made by an internationally recognized designer. They themselves receive thousands each year without ever being expected to contribute positively to society. What more do you expect us to do? Move out of our house and ask them to move in?
    Gravelly wrote: »
    The poorest and most neglected who can go on a troublemaking tour of the antipodes.

Get up the yard.
    Mad_maxx wrote: »
    Anyone who regards travellers as amongst the poorest and most neglected people in the country is someone i am keen to do business with

I have some extremely valuable beans just waiting for the right investor

Yiz are worse to be replying to the gobsh1te.

sligojoek wrote: »
    Poor and neglected ???

Come to my local Aldi on the first Tuesday of any month. (Childrens allowance day). Hav a look at some of the machinery parked in the disabled spaces, not a blue badge between them. Then go to the off licence and watch people with an array of gold on display loading slabs of beer into the trollies. The only neglect on display is the parents neglecting to check their children for helping themselves to sweets and chocolate.

It's not only my local Aldi they park in the disabled spaces in then!
    For some reason they also park right outside (as in literally touching) the door of the local petrol station shop, and walk in, leaving the car door open. Like every single time - anyone know what that's about?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

BattleCorp wrote: »

Just making it clear, if someone came on and it's just posts from them then the thread is done.

For some reason they also park right outside (as in literally touching) the door of the local petrol station shop, and walk in, leaving the car door open. Like every single time - anyone know what that's about?

It's probably their arrogance. They know that it will annoy people so they will go and do it.

It's probably their arrogance. They know that it will annoy people so they will go and do it.

I was sorely tempted recently to hop in, drive it up the road a mile or so, and abandon it there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

There seems to be a misunderstanding about the term "Irish Traveller". One does not need to be born in Ireland to an Irish Traveller. It is an ethnicity not a nationality.

Yet you need be born in Ireland and remain here for at least 3 years to be a citizen. But be found drunk somewhere and all you need is an Irish leaf on the family tree? Traveler is an ethnicity recognised in Ireland. Irish Traveler would be an Irish Traveler as oppose to a French, Australian or Norwegian one.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

We could have the same petrol station/shop. In mine they also park at 45 degrees between two banks of pumps.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

They frequently show contempt for disabled people so it could be that too.

I was sorely tempted recently to hop in, drive it up the road a mile or so, and abandon it there.

And you can be sure that you will be prosecuted to the full extent of the law.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,348 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Yet you need be born in Ireland and remain here for at least 3 years to be a citizen. But be found drunk somewhere and all you need is an Irish leaf on the family tree? Traveler is an ethnicity recognised in Ireland. Irish Traveler would be an Irish Traveler as oppose to a French, Australian or Norwegian one.

No, as i already explained, Irish Traveller is an ethnicity recognised in britain. these people are british and so would be recognised as Irish Travellers in britain. Hence describing them as Irish Travellers is not incorrect if perhaps a little ambiguous to some.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,777 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

What interest should Irish people have in English people causing trouble in NZ??

They are British nationals and of Irish traveller ethnicity. Its not too hard to understand.

1. Arrogance
    2. Entitlement
    3. C*nts

• Registered Users Posts: 8,368 ✭✭✭Ray Palmer

Like any group of people of any ethnic background some or wealth and some are poor. What ever way you look at it the councils have neglected their own obligations in providing services they are meant to. Whether you like it or not the councils have to provide halting sites and maintain them. The don't so that is neglect of the council's duty.

The councils promise to provide halting sites and then don't. There will always be disputes and bad planning like putting people with a long family feud in the same site. Difficult to manage so they don't bother but they are still obliged under council rules.

People living in cheap caravan at the side of the road with no stable income and no real assets is poor.

You can say what you like about seeing them with a fancy 4X4 and buying beer but that does not mean the are wealthy.

Their life expectancy is much lower which is primarily down to poor diet and life style.

I am not under any illusions on their anti-social behaviour but they equally mistrust us as we them and have good reason to. Not every person you need to help is nice or thankful along with not every good intention is the correct thing to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭ArrBee

For some reason you remind me of a poster that was banned from this very thread only yesterday. A coincidence I'm sure.

Same culture, same behaviour, same thread.

and same name...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭I see sheep

what's a 'Yiz'?

99% people on this thread seem to love hearing people agree with them and are deaf to any other point of view.

But not to worry, I am here to give a little bit of balance.

Since people seem obsessed with posting stories where travellers have done something wrong I feel I should balance that with stories of settled people in the same vein.

Boards won't let me post links yet though :/

Anyway here's an extract, can you believe the 'arrogance' of this settled person-

'A judge has told a former Dublin civil servant, now retired to Spain, that he had never seen such utter gross exaggeration in his life arising from an injury in a local Mace store.

Circuit Court President Mr Justice Raymond Groarke told 58-year-old Gerard Masterson it had been preposterous of him to claim that his whole life had been turned upside down as a result of knocking his ankle against the bottom shelf of a shop display.

Mr Masterson told barrister Philip Fennell, counsel for Clearys Mace Store in St Gabriels Road, Clontarf, that he had injured his left ankle against the sharp edge of the display after having been “forced to side step” a speeding member of staff in an aisle.

Mr Fennell, who appeared with Edel McDermott of Ambrose O’Sullivan Solicitors, said Mr Masterson had not even asked to sit down and had left the store without reporting the incident to anyone. Mr Fennell compared the injury with someone stubbing their toe.

Nr Masterson, formerly of Sea Park, Mount Prospect Avenue, Clontarf, Dublin, claimed damages of €60,000 for his suffering.'

what's a 'Yiz'?

99% people on this thread seem to love hearing people agree with them and are deaf to any other point of view.

Since people seem obsessed with posting stories where travellers have done something wrong I feel I should balance that with stories of settled people in the same vein.

Anyway here's an extract, can you believe the 'arrogance' of this settled person-

'A judge has told a former Dublin civil servant, now retired to Spain, that he had never seen such utter gross exaggeration in his life arising from an injury in a local Mace store.

Circuit Court President Mr Justice Raymond Groarke told 58-year-old Gerard Masterson it had been preposterous of him to claim that his whole life had been turned upside down as a result of knocking his ankle against the bottom shelf of a shop display.

Mr Masterson told barrister Philip Fennell, counsel for Clearys Mace Store in St Gabriels Road, Clontarf, that he had injured his left ankle against the sharp edge of the display after having been “forced to side step” a speeding member of staff in an aisle.

Mr Fennell, who appeared with Edel McDermott of Ambrose O’Sullivan Solicitors, said Mr Masterson had not even asked to sit down and had left the store without reporting the incident to anyone. Mr Fennell compared the injury with someone stubbing their toe.

Nr Masterson, formerly of Sea Park, Mount Prospect Avenue, Clontarf, Dublin, claimed damages of €60,000 for his suffering.'

What percentage of the "settled" community does that guy make up?

Ray Palmer wrote: »
    The councils promise to provide halting sites and then don't. There will always be disputes and bad planning like putting people with a long family feud in the same site. Difficult to manage so they don't bother but they are still obliged under council rules.

Are we supposed to pay for an unending number of halting sites because many families are involved in feuds?

If they can't behave like normal civilised people, they should be told to fcuk off.
    People living in cheap caravan at the side of the road with no stable income and no real assets is poor.

You can say what you like about seeing them with a fancy 4X4 and buying beer but that does not mean the are wealthy.
    Living on the side of the road in a caravan but having a fancy 4x4 means that they aren't poor. They just chose to spend their money that way.
    Their life expectancy is much lower which is primarily down to poor diet and life style.
    Why don't they change their lifestyle so? Oh yeah, they shun education because they have far more benefits by maintaining the status quo.

what's a 'Yiz'?

'

I'd actually like to hear more positive stories about travellers in this thread.
    The story about the PHD graduate was nice.
    I'll keep an eye out for other positive stories. I've been unfortunate that I have mostly seen negative actions by their community but there was a traveller woman in front of me at the shop a few weeks back who apologised for holding me up, so that was considerate of her.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭hawkelady

Like any group of people of any ethnic background some or wealth and some are poor. What ever way you look at it the councils have neglected their own obligations in providing services they are meant to. Whether you like it or not the councils have to provide halting sites and maintain them. The don't so that is neglect of the council's duty.

I am not under any illusions on their anti-social behaviour but they equally mistrust us as we them and have good reason to. Not every person you need to help is nice or thankful along with not every good intention is the correct thing to do.

You forgot the bit about them being primarily con men who threaten pensioners and tar driveways and clean gutters , only they do an arse of a job and charge hundreds or threaten you with harm. Away with yourself!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

If you don't remotely prioritise education, health or road safety, you should be poor, unfortunately this country is dominated by bleeding hearts

tuxy wrote: »
    I'd actually like to hear more positive stories about travellers in this thread.

That won't be a long list of stories.

Fair play to the woman. I'm being genuine here.
    there was a traveller woman in front of me at the shop a few weeks back who apologised for holding me up, so that was considerate of her.

Not exactly a stellar example of a positive story.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

I'll keep an eye out for other positive stories. I've been unfortunate that I have mostly seen negative actions by their community but there was a traveller woman in front of me at the shop a few weeks back who apologised for holding me up, so that was considerate of her.

How much was taken.

Not exactly a stellar example of a positive story.

It's all I have, I just wanted to get the ball rolling!

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Ruraldweller56

What a load of nonsense, what Irish paper or media outlet do you think is better?

Irelands own

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

First traveller woman to get a PHD does her doctorate in traveller victimhood.

picard-facepalm.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

The travellers girlfriend told me her boyfriends name when he raided my salon?
    That was nice of her.

Too bad she lied about his surname.

The travellers girlfriend told me her boyfriends name when he raided my salon?
    That was nice of her.

Too bad she lied about his surname.

They've only about 6 or 7 surnames between the 30,000 of them so it's usually not hard to guess.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Ruraldweller56

what's a 'Yiz'?

More pointless whatabouttery.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement