Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Vladimir Putin appreciation thread.

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 167 ✭✭Spannerplank

Gatling wrote: »
    Basically American forces were dug in with Kurdish forces at an oil production area and 600-1000 Russians private contractors mounted a full on assault with heavy weapons and heavy armour ,but got aniliated in a few hours ,oddly enough Russia kept very quite about the situation and losses .

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/05/24/world/middleeast/american-commandos-russian-mercenaries-syria.html

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/battle-syria-us-russian-mercenaries-commandos-islamic-state-a8370781.html

http://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/19335/american-general-in-syria-confirms-us-forces-killed-hundreds-of-russians-in-massive-battle

I must commend the 40 Americans who killed 200 to 300 in a firefight and not a single American was harmed according to those reports.

That is most definitely a record and should go down in the annals alongside Thermopylae and the Cromwellian sieges of Wales.

Fair balls to the 40.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

I must commend the 40 Americans who killed 200 to 300 in a firefight and not a single American was harmed according to those reports.

Final figures were put at 600 dead russians ,

If you were American you would fancy the odds in firefight reminds me of jadotville

Dohnjoe wrote: »
    Can you explain how you characterise a whole nation and it's history as a person?

Dohnjoe, come on.
    Are you really going to play that?

You say Russia invaded Ukraine. Did Yuri and Katya from Vladivostok do it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn

If you were American you would fancy the odds in firefight reminds me of jadotville

You really live war don’t you, provided it’s all happening in brown countries far enough away from you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭ArchXStanton

You really live war don’t you, provided it’s all happening in brown countries far enough away from you.

And now you hit the nail on the head with him, watching him from afar he's definitely watched too much Rambo as a kid, those coups are only reserved for the brown lads with oil, no mention of Macrons abysmal approval ratings, 11 weeks of protests that have left 10 dead, no mention of scraping wealth taxes while ordinary French folk struggle, no coup or regime change for whitey banker puppet boy.

• Advertisement

Excellent work by 40 soldiers who sustained not a scratch. Like I said this battle should be vaunted and that 40 should be brought, decorated and their story written quickly. All 40 are alive and they have killed 600 Russians in a few hours.

That's less than half a company wiping out 2 battalions in an afternoon.

It must be a record. I would think there would be books already written about this.

Excellent work by 40 soldiers who sustained not a scratch. Like I said this battle should be vaunted and that 40 should be brought, decorated and their story written quickly. All 40 are alive and they have killed 600 Russians in a few hours.

That's less than half a company wiping out 2 battalions in an afternoon.

It must be a record. I would think there would be books already written about this.

I'm sure Hollywood has another recruitment drive/propaganda film in the pipeline, only in it, its one soldier played by Clint Eastwood who kills them all after taking a bazooka to the leg and only has 2 bullets left

The real question you should be asking yourself is what were US troops doing in Syria in the first place, a sovereign country under international law, who invited them?..... The kurds? Lol

The revisionism in this thread is incredible

It was a dictatorship, high corruption, high unemployment, crumbling infrastructure, not a particularly fantastic place to live. Floating on a sea of oil meant the country was "better off" than many counterparts, but 10's of billions of what should have been national wealth was siphoned off to Gaddafi and family (estimates of up to 200 billion). He had built up relatively "decent" relationships with various Western countries prior to 2011, oil exports, mainly to Italy, Germany and France prior to the conflict haven't changed muchJ (except for overall volume which has suffered). He went full hammer and tongs after the protesters during the Arab Spring so the world pretty much cut him loose. Even Russia and China didn't veto the UN resolution that authorised force.

Except, Dohnjoe, it wasn't a dictatorship.
    You accuse people of revisionism yet you have next to no knowledge of how the Libyan society functioned.

Are you aware that Ghadaffi could not pass a single law or initiative without the agreement of individual local councils.?

They held all the power in the country and ghadaffi was like a cross between Michael D, Queen Elizabeth and Ahmadinejad.

It was never a dictatorship because power was never central.

As for your claims about the country being fleeced Wall Street style....even if that was true and you ask where one would want to live.....Well you tell me.

Free education, healthcare, electricity and 20k when you get married or a life of penury as the land you were born in is given away and you're told its the free way.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭monty_python

Basically American forces were dug in with Kurdish forces at an oil production area and 600-1000 Russians private contractors mounted a full on assault with heavy weapons and heavy armour ,but got aniliated in a few hours ,oddly enough Russia kept very quite about the situation and losses .

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/05/24/world/middleeast/american-commandos-russian-mercenaries-syria.html

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/battle-syria-us-russian-mercenaries-commandos-islamic-state-a8370781.html

http://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/19335/american-general-in-syria-confirms-us-forces-killed-hundreds-of-russians-in-massive-battle

Thank you. I'll read the links when I get home

• Advertisement

You really live war don’t you,

History actually and unfortunately war does not discriminate race ,creed , religion , location , rich and poor

• Registered Users Posts: 4,349 ✭✭✭Jimmy Garlic

Absolute nonsense, here is what really happened.. not quite the cliche movie script peddled by the likes of the NY Times, which I believe is the original source of that fantastical tale that you believe.

http://m.spiegel.de/international/world/american-fury-the-truth-about-the-russian-deaths-in-syria-a-1196074.html

The real question you should be asking yourself is what were US troops doing in Syria in the first place, a sovereign country under international law, who invited them?..... The kurds? Lol

Another question I would have is how many were merely wounded?

If 600 Russians are confirmed dead at the hands of 40 Americans then there must be at least 3 or 4 thousand Russiana wounded given the 5:1 wounded to death ratio.

This 4 hour fight, Gatling, you must get more information on it.

Now this happened, when? Last spring? Why aren't there statues to this 40 unscathed warriors? I want to see this elite cadre of bulletproof men.

If 600 Russians are confirmed dead at the hands of 40 Americans then there must be at least 3 or 4 thousand Russiana wounded given the 5:1 wounded to death ratio.

Now this happened, when? Last spring? Why aren't there statues to this 40 unscathed warriors? I want to see this elite cadre of bulletproof men.

Judging by the way the US fights in Afghanistan (calling in airstrikes on a lone Taliban fighter on a hillside pew pew) I reckon they could do with these 40 lads there. If Syrian soldiers are among the dead it's probably a war crime since no one invited the US they are an invading force.

Absolute nonsense, here is what really happened.

Of course vladi garlic you would claim an alternative event nothing new there when nothing like a bit of putinganda to finish the weekend

Of course vladi garlic you would claim an alternative event nothing new there when nothing like a bit of putinganda to finish the weekend

Like you claiming the Kurds invited the US into Syria Gatling, ignore it all you want, I'll always be here to remind you

40x Rambo crossed with Chuck Norris. The Pentagon's outlandish Yeehawww team Ameeerkuhhh fu*k Yeeahh style claims filtered to the public via its lickspittle minions in the media that masquerade as journalists know no bounds

Anyways,

Were these Russians invited into Venezuela or did they illegally invade? It has to be one of the other.

Anyone? Bueller? Bueller? Bueller?

What you are saying happened is pure unbridled fantasy. You will be telling us Batman is based on a true story next.

What you are saying happened is

What actually happened not what some nonsense involving Iranian sources ,

But there is more audio and video varified by multiple intelligence sources .

Now do explain why Russia didn't demand a full UNSC investigation into the slaughter of its forces at the hands of the US and Kurds .

Embarrassment maybe or russians killed over seas are considered top-secret classified and you can't speak about it .

Send conscripts to do a soldier's job

• Advertisement

gatling...40 Americans soldiers killed 600 Russians in a few hours last Summer? And we are only hearing about this Omaha Beach style episode of military valour NOW?

Now I know that cameras were a luxury in 1944 and they were a little more affordable in the 1960's at Khe San when a bunch of doped up marines were supposed to have fought the greatest resistance campaign since Sparta but in 2018 while those 40 Americans were scything down Russians at a rate of 15 every 5 minutes none of this elite American 40 stopped to take a picture of the carnage? This greatest defence ever?

Get those lads some better iPhones.

gatling...40 Americans soldiers killed 600 Russians in a few hours last Summer? And we are only hearing now

No it's actually old news it was mentioned on here and elsewhere just the bots didn't want to speak about it ,

Not surprising they only want to talk about what rt and sputnik say

• Registered Users Posts: 17,813 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

Dohnjoe, come on.
        Are you really going to play that?

You say Russia invaded Ukraine. Did Yuri and Katya from Vladivostok do it?

You are misunderstanding. That's an event, related directly to Putin.

There are posters solely in here to attack "countries and their history", not the administrations involved. We're getting Cold war references in here - nothing to do with Putin, or May, or Merkel, or Trump

It's like some individuals actually personify an entire nation, it's multiple leaders from different parties and decades of history into something they can "hate"

gatling...40 Americans soldiers killed 600 Russians in a few hours last Summer? And we are only hearing about this Omaha Beach style episode of military valour NOW?

Now I know that cameras were a luxury in 1944 and they were a little more affordable in the 1960's at Khe San when a bunch of doped up marines were supposed to have fought the greatest resistance campaign since Sparta but in 2018 while those 40 Americans were scything down Russians at a rate of 15 every 5 minutes none of this elite American 40 stopped to take a picture of the carnage? This greatest defence ever?

Get those lads some better iPhones.

Battle of Khasham. Was a pretty significant engagement, was all over the news at the time.
          https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Khasham

You are misunderstanding. That's an event, related directly to Putin.

There are posters solely in here to attack "countries and their history", not the administrations involved. We're getting Cold war references in here - nothing to do with Putin, or May, or Merkel, or Trump

It's like some individuals actually personify an entire nation, it's multiple leaders from different parties and decades of history into something they can "hate"

The players might change but the game remains the same... Regime change

China 1949 to early 1960s
          Albania 1949-53
          East Germany 1950s
          Iran 1953 *
          Guatemala 1954 *
          Costa Rica mid-1950s
          Syria 1956-7
          Egypt 1957
          Indonesia 1957-8
          British Guiana 1953-64 *
          Iraq 1963 *
          North Vietnam 1945-73
          Cambodia 1955-70 *
          Laos 1958 *, 1959 *, 1960 *
          Ecuador 1960-63 *
          Congo 1960 *
          France 1965
          Brazil 1962-64 *
          Dominican Republic 1963 *
          Cuba 1959 to present
          Bolivia 1964 *
          Indonesia 1965 *
          Ghana 1966 *
          Chile 1964-73 *
          Greece 1967 *
          Costa Rica 1970-71
          Bolivia 1971 *
          Australia 1973-75 *
          Angola 1975, 1980s
          Zaire 1975
          Portugal 1974-76 *
          Jamaica 1976-80 *
          Seychelles 1979-81
          Chad 1981-82 *
          Grenada 1983 *
          South Yemen 1982-84
          Suriname 1982-84
          Fiji 1987 *
          Libya 1980s
          Nicaragua 1981-90 *
          Panama 1989 *
          Bulgaria 1990 *
          Albania 1991 *
          Iraq 1991
          Afghanistan 1980s *
          Somalia 1993
          Yugoslavia 1999-2000 *
          Ecuador 2000 *
          Afghanistan 2001 *
          Venezuela 2002 *
          Iraq 2003 *
          Haiti 2004 *
          Somalia 2007 to present
          Honduras 2009 *
          Libya 2011 *
          Syria 2012
          Ukraine 2014 *

Above is a list of countries in which the US has tried or succeeded in ousting/election interference the government.

Who do you reckon is next for some good ol US democracy, my money is on Iran or Bolivia, he's a cheeky rascal that Evo Morales, always pulling them on their bull**** on the world stage...

What actually happened not what some nonsense involving Iranian sources ,

But there is more audio and video varified by multiple intelligence sources .

Some of that "evidence" was stuff lifted from a computer game ffs.
          Now do explain why Russia didn't demand a full UNSC investigation into the slaughter of its forces at the hands of the US and Kurds .

Because it didn't happen.

The event as you describe it lives only in the imagination of the gullible. Hollywood wouldn't even touch that script.

The players might change but the game remains the same... Regime change

China 1949 to early 1960s
          Albania 1949-53
          East Germany 1950s
          Iran 1953 *
          Guatemala 1954 *
          Costa Rica mid-1950s
          Syria 1956-7
          Egypt 1957
          Indonesia 1957-8
          British Guiana 1953-64 *
          Iraq 1963 *
          North Vietnam 1945-73
          Cambodia 1955-70 *
          Laos 1958 *, 1959 *, 1960 *
          Ecuador 1960-63 *
          Congo 1960 *
          France 1965
          Brazil 1962-64 *
          Dominican Republic 1963 *
          Cuba 1959 to present
          Bolivia 1964 *
          Indonesia 1965 *
          Ghana 1966 *
          Chile 1964-73 *
          Greece 1967 *
          Costa Rica 1970-71
          Bolivia 1971 *
          Australia 1973-75 *
          Angola 1975, 1980s
          Zaire 1975
          Portugal 1974-76 *
          Jamaica 1976-80 *
          Seychelles 1979-81
          Chad 1981-82 *
          Grenada 1983 *
          South Yemen 1982-84
          Suriname 1982-84
          Fiji 1987 *
          Libya 1980s
          Nicaragua 1981-90 *
          Panama 1989 *
          Bulgaria 1990 *
          Albania 1991 *
          Iraq 1991
          Afghanistan 1980s *
          Somalia 1993
          Yugoslavia 1999-2000 *
          Ecuador 2000 *
          Afghanistan 2001 *
          Venezuela 2002 *
          Iraq 2003 *
          Haiti 2004 *
          Somalia 2007 to present
          Honduras 2009 *
          Libya 2011 *
          Syria 2012
          Ukraine 2014 *

Above is a list of countries in which the US has tried or succeeded in ousting/election interference the government.

Who do you reckon is next for some good ol US democracy, my money is on Iran or Bolivia, he's a cheeky rascal that Evo Morales, always pulling them on their bull**** on the world stage...

Don't get me started with what the US did to the native Americans. And they have the audacity to lecture Putin on human rights, the hypocrisy!

Am I doing this right, or is that too far back?

And Germany, pushing Maduro to have proper elections, with "their" history! the hypocrisy of it! grrr

So anyway,

America who have racked up 3 trillion dollars in war debt just to kill Bin Laden, have killed over 2 million civvies and maimed or displaced over 10 million, have wrecked 5 countries, have 30 of their own veterans committing suicide every other day, have caused Europe to quake under a refugee crisis from the failed and lost wars that the suits in the Beltway think would be fun to start you now think it's a good idea for these winners to improve life in Venezuela?

• Advertisement

Don't get me started with what the US did to the native Americans. And they have the audacity to lecture Putin on human rights, the hypocrisy!

Am I doing this right, or is that too far back?

Dohnjoe, if a country is such a nightmare for the people who live there then why do you think that the best course of action is to make it even worse?

How bad is life for Venezuelans as opposed to Uzbeks or Saudis?

Gotta help these poor people right? I still hear Americans bemoan the fact that US soldiers were killed in Iraq "after all we did to he!p these ragheads"

This discussion has been closed.
        Advertisement