Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Vladimir Putin appreciation thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,817 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

Sweden bracing itself for Russian meddling ahead of it's election. Business as usual.
    Officials have reported an increase in hacking and dissemination of fake news. The aim, they say, is to undermine the stability of Swedish society and spread falsehoods.

A study by researchers at the Swedish Institute of International Affairs reported a "wide array" of Russian actions to influence public opinion.

It suggested there had been misleading media reports and that fake news was being used to "frame Nato as an aggressor and military threat, the EU as in terminal decline, and Russia as under siege from hostile Western governments".
    http://www.bbc.com/news/world-44070469

• Registered Users Posts: 6,072 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

If those gullible Swedes believed that there was a Russian submarine hiding in their waters they would believe anything.
    Since you posted this piece of mindless propaganda Dohnjoe could you please explain what exactly would Putin want from Sweden?

The anti Russia propaganda is really being ramped up ahead of the World Cup, I can see Putin personally bombing an orphanage just before the World Cup kicks off, the masses would believe anything as Goebbels proved.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭kooper

If those gullible Swedes believed that there was a Russian submarine hiding in their waters they would believe anything.
    Since you posted this piece of mindless propaganda Dohnjoe could you please explain what exactly would Putin want from Sweden?

The anti Russia propaganda is really being ramped up ahead of the World Cup, I can see Putin personally bombing an orphanage just before the World Cup kicks off, the masses would believe anything as Goebbels proved.
    It's so funny when russian supporters talk about Goebbels like propaganda...

Don't they like their own medicine, I wonder :)?

kooper wrote: »
    It's so funny when russian supporters talk about Goebbels like propaganda...

Don't they like their own medicine, I wonder :)?

I remember when Kremlin was pumping out the propaganda that Russian troops seizing areas in Crimea were actually local militia.. and the usual Putin supporters were of course supporting this line

It got interesting when Putin changed tack completely and publicly stated that it wasn't militia, that it was indeed Russian military.. certain Putin supporters were still clinging to the propaganda and passionately arguing that it was the militia

These are not rational minds we are dealing with here :pac:

Dohnjoe wrote: »
    I remember when Kremlin was pumping out the propaganda that Russian troops seizing areas in Crimea were actually local militia.. and the usual Putin supporters were of course supporting this line

It got interesting when Putin changed tack completely and publicly stated that it wasn't militia, that it was indeed Russian military.. certain Putin supporters were still clinging to the propaganda and passionately arguing that it was the militia

These are not rational minds we are dealing with here :pac:
    So, where were we? Oh yes, Sweden.
    Second time asking, what exactly does Putin want from Sweden? This Swedish think-tank, whatever they are called provide no evidence whatsoever of Russian "meddling" because there isn't any, there never is.

Russia seizing Crimea? That would mean the Russian population of Crimea are now living under Russian occupation! :pac:

• Advertisement

Russian "meddling" because there isn't any, there never is.

Yup they are perpetually the victim of a massive international conspiracy. We can now add Sweden to the list!

So, where were we?

You do realise you can literally go to Russia and get paid very well (up to $1400 a week) for posting this kind of stuff

Unless.. nah

• Registered Users Posts: 19,956 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

So, where were we? Oh yes, Sweden.
    Second time asking, what exactly does Putin want from Sweden? This Swedish think-tank, whatever they are called provide no evidence whatsoever of Russian "meddling" because there isn't any, there never is.

Russia seizing Crimea? That would mean the Russian population of Crimea are now living under Russian occupation! :pac:

You are wrong, as usual.
    Sweden’s foreign intelligence agency considers Russia as the biggest source of cyber attacks and influence operations against the country.

The head of the Swedish Military Intelligence and Security Service (Must) said, “It is pretty easy for me to say that many of the activities we are subject to have a clear sender, they can be traced more or less directly.”
    http://www.defenseworld.net/news/17932/Russia_Biggest_Source_Of_Cyber_Attacks_Sweden_s_Intelligence_Agency

The Swedes should know all about foreign interference. Any of you ever hear of Olaf Palme?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭el diablo

Sweden bracing itself for Russian meddling ahead of it's election. Business as usual.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-44070469

Meanwhile the US has interfered in the elections of other nations on over eighty separate occasions. And illegally invaded over seventy nations since its foundation. Why do you Russophobes choose to ignore these facts?

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Advertisement

el diablo wrote: »
    Meanwhile the US has interfered in the elections of other nations

I fully agree.

But is this thread not about Putin?

Meanwhile the US has interfered in the elections of other nations on over eighty separate occasions. And illegally invaded over seventy nations since its foundation. Why do you Russophobes choose to ignore these facts?

Why do yo think so simplistically that it's an either / or situation?

Abhorrent behaviour by the US does not justify or mitigate the same by Russia.

If the US had engaged in the use of chemical weapons against individuals in Europe there would be condemnation and uproar.

The tragedy for the Russian people is that Putin ducked up badly when he decided to reconstitute the USSR under his sole dictatorship. Everything was looking up for Russian / European relations, the economy, living standards until he went stupid and did the Crimea thing.

I fully agree.

But is this thread not about Putin?

Russia would've been one of these illegally invaded countries if not for their ability to assert themselves on the world stage.

cnocbui wrote: »
    Why do yo think so simplistically that it's an either / or situation?

Abhorrent behaviour by the US does not justify or mitigate the same by Russia.

If the US had engaged in the use of chemical weapons against individuals in Europe there would be condemnation and uproar.

The tragedy for the Russian people is that Putin ducked up badly when he decided to reconstitute the USSR under his sole dictatorship. Everything was looking up for Russian / European relations, the economy, living standards until he went stupid and did the Crimea thing.

He did the "Crimea thing" because the US and its lackeys interfered in the Ukrainian elections and installed a puppet government (in an attempt to co-opt Ukraine into becoming a NATO member). They have also almost completely surrounded Russia with US and NATO military bases. Did you expect Putin to idly stand by and not react to such extreme provocation?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Russia would've been one of these illegally invaded countries if not for their ability to assert themselves on the world stage.

What bolloxolgy is that claim from.

Another what about this and what about ,what about murica , murica

• Registered Users Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

They have also almost completely surrounded Russia with US and NATO military bases.
    I suggest you consult a map.

He did the "Crimea thing" because

Or..

Putin annexed Crimea because many nationalists (and indeed many Russians) felt that, quite simply, it belonged to Russia. They also conveniently nabbed the warm-water deep sea port of Sevastopol in the process. It was a no-brainer for them. International treaties and law? meh

They used the mass protests in Ukraine to carry this out. A movement which was sparked mainly by the never ending corruption in Ukraine. The leader (a Russian puppet) was a kleptomaniac who was bleeding the country's coffers dry. The man had actually his own private zoo, Spanish galleon and pretty nice car collection.. all on a 50k state salary. Amazing. (Coincidentally Putin has one mansion rumoured to be worth a billion guarded by the FSB on his state salary, but shhh) Yanukovych's son, a dentist, became one of Ukraine's richest men. You can understand why Ukrainians might have been more than a little pissed off.

Anyhoo he fled straight to Russia, where he is currently being sheltered. In the meanwhile the Kremlin sparked an actual war in the country, all the while labeling the Ukrainian government as fascist (the two far-right candidates actually got less than 2% of the vote between them)

Here's a picture of Putin's (but definitely not Putin's) FSB guarded black sea mansion/palace

putins-palace.jpg

Oh and here is Yanukovych's dainty place in comparison

Viktor-Yanukovych_2832109k.jpg

Some of the cars, must have got them cheap second-hand

Taste_0026.jpg

The boat

Viktor-Yanukovych-Estate-11-670x502.jpg

The gaff

viktor-yanukovich-expresidente-ucrania-casa--default.jpg

Nixonbot wrote: »
    I suggest you consult a map.

As per your suggestion.

US_bases.jpg

As per your suggestion.

US_bases.jpg

Well that's all kinds of wrong. There are zero US bases in Kazakhstan, and I'm struggling to see how a military base could be located in Svalbard, considering it's totally demilitarised.

Well that's all kinds of wrong. There are zero US bases in Kazakhstan, and I'm struggling to see how a military base could be located in Svalbard, considering it's totally demilitarised.

Yes, Svalbard is supposed to be demilitarized but NATO have constructed a sophisticated new radar system/ballistic missile defense (BMD) system there (pointed at Russia) which is a violation of international law. The US will provide Norway with over 50 US F-35 stealth fighters (nuclear capable) in 2019 enabling it to strike Russian territory.

• Advertisement

Yes, Svalbard is supposed to be demilitarized but NATO have constructed a sophisticated new radar system/ballistic missile defense (BMD) system there (pointed at Russia) which is a violation of international law. The US will provide Norway with over 50 US F-35 stealth fighters (nuclear capable) in 2019 enabling it to strike Russian territory.

No such system exists there. Bit like your Kazakhstan bases I guess.

No such system exists there. Bit like your Kazakhstan bases I guess.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/06/13/world/europe/arctic-norway-russia-radar.html?mcubz=0
    The extra electricity is needed to power an American-funded radar system under construction on an island in sight of the Kola Peninsula, a frigid Russian territory studded with high-security naval bases and restricted military zones......

The joint American-Norwegian radar project, which will cost hundreds of millions of dollars and consume substantial amounts of electricity, has infuriated Moscow, which sees it as part of a Pentagon drive to encircle and contain Mr. Putin’s resurgent Russia. The Russian ambassador in Oslo, Norway’s capital, recently warned Norway that it should “not be na” about Russia’s readiness to respond......

The new radar system at Vardo will merely upgrade an earlier American-built radar system and continue its mission, Morten Haga Lunde, the chief of Norway’s military intelligence agency, said in a cryptic statement last year. That mission, he added, is to track space debris like defunct satellites and to “monitor our national area of interest in the North.”...........

But Russia’s generals and many Norwegians have dismissed the space-trash story. They say they believe that the new Globus 3 radar is part of the Pentagon’s efforts to develop a global missile-defense system, making it a prime target for attack in the event of a conflict.

That is nowhere near Svalbard, it's less than a km from the Norwegian mainland!

So yeah, nothing on Svalbard. Or Kazakhstan. But "surrounded"!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,318 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

so a radar system. You said "new radar system/ballistic missile defense (BMD) ". I dont see any mention of missiles

He did the "Crimea thing" because the US and its lackeys interfered in the Ukrainian elections and installed a puppet government (in an attempt to co-opt Ukraine into becoming a NATO member). They have also almost completely surrounded Russia with US and NATO military bases. Did you expect Putin to idly stand by and not react to such extreme provocation?

Putin meddled in Ukrainian elections and installed his own puppet governments.

This surrounded nonsense is just that. It's a geographic certainty that isolationist badly behaving countries will all find themselves 'surrounded' because they are in such a a minority. It's like a self-fulfilling prophesy.

Neither the US nor NATO have any intentions of attacking Russia. If Putin had tried a bit of lateral thinking he could have out maneuvered everyone and had Russia join NATO. No fear of being surrounded or attacked then. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

As per your suggestion.

Your map is wrong .

Bit more effort required

• Registered Users Posts: 9,448 ✭✭✭weisses

Then start a thread about the US .... Simples really

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭zom

cnocbui wrote: »
    Putin meddled in Ukrainian elections and installed his own puppet governments.

He also medled in USA election and Brexit. He is spying all Americans by his agents in Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. He caused NSA to spy EU politics and probably all EU citizens. He is pure evil I would say !!
    ...and I'm struggling to see how a military base could be located in Svalbard, considering it's totally demilitarised.

Pity Russians dont know that - it would save them millions spent on exercising attack on Svalbard:
    https://www.aldrimer.no/russian-forces-exercised-attack-on-svalbard/

And in case you wonder - yes, I am Russian agent writing these posts from my military bunker in Moscow

zom wrote: »
    He also medled in USA election and Brexit. He is spying all Americans by his agents in Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. He caused NSA to spy EU politics and probably all EU citizens. He is pure evil I would say !!

Trying to dilute or deflect from the truth with made up exaggerations doesn't work either

Here's a really out-there thought - it's possible to criticise both the US administration and the Russian one (bearing in mind the subject of this thread)

It would certainly save us pages of nonsense from individuals who hate a particular leader (or idiotically an entire country and it's history) and by proxy feel they must support any opposing leaders

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

Oh and here is Yanukovych's dainty place in comparison
    I don't think I've ever seen a more ridiculous house in all my life - rumoured to have cost in the region of $75m to $100m, it's the kind of place which brings cheap bling into disrepute. In late 2014, the locals took it over, renamed it "Museum of Corruption" and opened it to the public, since which time it's earned a creditable 4.5 rating on Tripadvisor.

https://www.tripadvisor.ie/Attraction_Review-g4917417-d9732821-Reviews-Mezhyhirya_Residence_Museum-Novi_Petrivtsi_Kiev_Oblast.html

Meanwhile, back over the northern border, the main Russian TV channel managed, last weekend, to find time for yet more obsequious pro-Putin propaganda, this time in the form of a new series entitled "Moscow, Kremlin, Putin" - available at the link below - in which one can admire, for example, Putin picking mushrooms and his spokesman, Dmitri Peskov not only pointing out that bears wouldn't want to tangle with the diminutive leader, but also the sight of Peskon accidentally referring to his boss as "человечный человек", the same term used by the Communists of Lenin - nice one Dima!

https://russia.tv/brand/show/brand_id/63170/

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement