Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Freeman Megamerge

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

rameire wrote: »
    Jim of the Family Freeman Corr Blimey has setup a GoFund me page of Ben of the Family Gimproy to help his family through this period of hardship.
    Would it not have been better if Ben got a steady job to look after his family instead of ruining his family and others by vexatious claims over the last 5 or so years.
    Amusingly, the fund is denominated in the Queen's Sterling but Jim offers his apologies for this as forces beyond his control were at work.
    Well he can't complain that his bogeyman "Mainstream Media" is ignoring him being jailed, although I can't imagine he'd be too happy at their (entirely accurate) description of him
    https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/jailed-anti-eviction-activist-is-a-serial-litigant-who-stood-for-the-d%C3%A1il-1.3760337?mode=amp&utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter
    If the Times had checked over this thread and his Facebook utterances over the years, they could have gone much harder on him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

Robbo wrote: »
    Amusingly, the fund is denominated in the Queen's Sterling but Jim offers his apologies for this as forces beyond his control were at work.

I searched for the fund... and the first comment under it made my day
    Why help what I believe to be a rat for the banks when there is other people that need it more, I wouldn't piss on him if he was on fire.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭ezra_

So is Ben actually in the Joy now?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

ezra_ wrote: »
    Certainly as of late last week. There doesn't appear to be any habeas corpus application in the works so he looks to be in there for as long as the Governor will have him.

Remember today is the sacred day of the Turning of the Sovereign Seal where hereditary ruler of Ireland, Billy McGuire, says his magic words outside the Mansion House because they won't let him in.

OK, I'll bite
    Remember today is the sacred day of the Turning of the Sovereign Seal where hereditary ruler of Ireland, Billy McGuire, says his magic words outside the Mansion House because they won't let him in.

WTAF?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,025 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

Certainly as of late last week. There doesn't appear to be any habeas corpus application in the works so he looks to be in there for as long as the Governor will have him.

And on a day when the Dáil, unsealed or otherwise, celebrates it's centenary.
    Ezra_ wrote:

I wonder what he's doing there; splitting hairs or splitting stones?

I wonder what he's doing there; splitting hairs or splitting stones?

Earning snouts for drafting up some freeman appeal bolloxology for the other inmates, I'm sure

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,769 Mod ✭✭✭✭nuac

And just about the time of a total lunar eclipse, blood red moon etc. It is all part of the same conspiracy I tell ye

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

OK, I'll bite

WTAF?!
    Honestly... you don't want to know unless you enjoy headaches. :pac:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

OK, I'll bite

WTAF?!

You must be new here, welcome :D

• Advertisement

OK, I'll bite

WTAF?!
    If you're genuinely interested, there are actually 2 decent articles:

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/war-of-words-as-the-irb-is-barred-from-mansion-house-29931277.html
    A ROW has erupted between Dublin's Lord Mayor and the president of the Irish Republican Brotherhood over a refusal to let the organisation use the Mansion House for the first time in decades.

Every year the organisation has held a ceremony in the Mansion House in Dublin for the "Turning of the Sovereign Seal" of Dail Eireann.

The Irish Republican Brotherhood was a secret oath-bound fraternal organisation dedicated to the establishment of an "independent democratic republic" in Ireland between 1858 and 1924.

It still has a presence, particularly in the ceremonial role of turning the seal each January, and its president, Billy McGuire, is described as "Keeper of the Sovereign Seal".

http://seanan.info/2017/05/bogus-irish-history/
    This latter-day IRB claims that there was a seal created for the Irish state. It is a silver harp with the words Éire under it and perhaps on the Irish tricolour of green, white and orange. Furthermore, it needs to be turned each year on January 21st, the anniversary of the founding of Dáil Éireann. This turning ceremony needs to be performed in order for the state to be legitimate and for things such as laws, courts, commissions etc. to be legal. This is very exciting stuff indeed. Could it be that for all these years, the Irish state has not been acting legally? Was there a secret ritual done in 1919 that was forgotten to history?

The narrative is that:

“On the morning of the 21st January, in Vaughans Hotel on Parnell square, a man named Tom McGuire elevated and turned the Sovereign Seal of Dáil Éireann, from the rising sun to the setting sun, from north to south and from east to west, and from Pagan to Christian to Sovereign; As in the 1916 Proclamation, claiming sovereignty over the elements, earth, air, fire and water and all there in and there of, on behalf of the Sovereign people and the Sovereign Republic of Éire.”

(crazy) emphasis mine.

OK, I'll bite

WTAF?!
    On there's a chap called Billy McGuire (or King Billy as he's become known on this thread) who likes to believe himself to be the hereditary president of the Irish Republican Brotherhood because his grand uncle sold a couple of pints to the 1916 leaders. Everything else flows from this delusional act of pseudo-monarchy and is pretty well detailed on this page.

Every year on January 21st, he used to hold a ceremony in the Mansion House to turn the sovereign seal and pretend to be Very Important. He's no longer allowed do so.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,503 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

I nearly forgot about this, the most significant of days.

B737_ztIgAAzMkb.jpg:medium

Well all that gave me a chuckle on a dark Monday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Ray Bloody Purchase

On there's a chap called Billy McGuire (or King Billy as he's become known on this thread) who likes to believe himself to be the hereditary president of the Irish Republican Brotherhood because his grand uncle sold a couple of pints to the 1916 leaders. Everything else flows from this delusional act of pseudo-monarchy and is pretty well detailed on this page.

Every year on January 21st, he used to hold a ceremony in the Mansion House to turn the sovereign seal and pretend to be Very Important. He's no longer allowed do so.

Fcuking headbangers.

Mod
    Language, please!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,503 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

And for lots more of Billys nonsense, see here: http://www.billymcguire.com

Here's Billy and friends, not being let into the Mansion house, earlier on today, Billys Seal Turning starts around the 14:00 mark : https://twitter.com/johnorthside/status/1087315901630697472

And for lots more of Billys nonsense, see here: http://www.billymcguire.com

I didn't want to subject that on some poor soul.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭whippet

Bens wife had an emotional post about how herself and ben bring the kids to the turning of the seal ceremony every year and this year she is on vigil outside the ‘joy ... but of course Ben isn’t in to all that freeman nonsense

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭eldamo

Was on Benny boys facebook just to see if he was still locked up.
    It appears he is.
    They had a video i havn't watched because I am in the office of bens wife reading a statement
    Title
    Bens wife tells how an assassination plot has been issued against an innocent pro life man Ben and she wants him released immediately.

the level of self importance these chaps have is impressive.

Jeff rudd on my other favourite thread believes depending on the day that he will be the next jamal kaschoggi or that mayor of gdansk(is it gdansk?)

On another note, someone called Davo Rock is posting videos on Bens facebook about how ben only seems to represent the common decent sort of person who has millions in debt, not the standard homeowner, I can presume the only reason the ban hammer has not fallen yet is because ben is otherwise occupied.
    Probably not necessary to say, but I will, he has not been kindly received by the pro ben camp.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭TJJP

• Advertisement

TJJP wrote: »
    This man was previously linked to disturbances at Limerick Court House which resulted in the daily list no longer being published on the internet.

He's also been associated with either the promotion or running of a branch of The Hub in that part of the world. Here's a post detailing one of the conferences he spoke at early in 2018.

If you want some light entertainment this morning, this Twitter thread contains videos of some of Ben's finest moments. I think the video of him screaming down the phone at a solicitor may be tied into his current predicament.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 360 ✭✭Holy Mary

TJJP wrote: »
    Another martyr taken from Ennis court it seems:

What a great country.

Counsel for Bank of Ireland, Michael Collins SC said that the last payment made by Tommy Collins on the two loans totalling €172,000 in relation to the Dysart property was €100 in 2008.

https://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/ireland/judge-orders-jailing-of-two-men-at-centre-of-repossession-case-in-clare-899653.html

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭Snickers Man

But the cop did lose it pretty quickly. Unless he suspected the guy was up to no good he didn't have the right to get as heavy-handed, even damaging the guy's property.

The guy was obviously gunning for a confrontation, so the best thing the cop should have done was not give him one. Instead he played right into his hands.

One would have thought that their training went some way towards teaching them not to lose their cool like that.

If you have electric windows it is a legal requirement for the driver's one to operate properly. You will fail an NCT (I know, I've done it) if it doesn't. Passenger side windows and rear windows don't have to operate but the driver's one does.

So the guy was infringing the law by driving a non-roadworthy vehicle. As well as all his other ****e.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭eldamo

replying to a 7 year old post? i thought i missed something

• Registered Users Posts: 40,266 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Quite the opposite i would have thought. Has not criticised banks and financial institutions on how they pursued debt cases?

Quite the opposite i would have thought. Has not criticised banks and financial institutions on how they pursued debt cases?

Sarcasm, my good man, sarcasm :)

• Registered Users Posts: 34,218 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Why hasn't he been sacked yet? I mean, really?

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭whippet

Why hasn't he been sacked yet? I mean, really?

He’s a civil servant .. impossible
    To sack

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭jd

Honohan will be on RTE Prime Time tonight..

Advertisement