Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trivially Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,012 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Visiting someone and they make you tea but don’t crack open the biscuits. Thanks and all but to me tea is a mere accompaniment to something sweet

That's just......ya I have no words *shakes head* :3

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    If you really like it you should buy it again. If the pump is the same you can just decant the moisturiser into a different bottle. Boots have clear squeezy bottles you can put it in instead.

My skincare TA is that the only thing that seems to keep my skin even kinda clear is Dermalogica which costs a bloody fortune.

Thank you, great idea!! TA I didn't think of that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,398 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

I need to start leaving my wallet at home again. My brain is in "Go out for lunch!" mode for the third day this week, despite the fact that I have a perfectly delicious lunch in the fridge.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,201 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

People not washing their hands after using the public toilet and then using the door handle on the way out. :mad:

RMAOK wrote: »
    People not washing their hands after using the public toilet and then using the door handle on the way out. :mad:

This is why I go to great lengths not to touch the handles on public bathroom doors if at all possible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,201 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

Dial Hard wrote: »
    This is why I go to great lengths not to touch the handles on public bathroom doors if at all possible.

I'd be the same myself - you'd want to wear a pair of gloves when exiting the bathroom. It's a ****ing minefield tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ragnar Lothbrok

Dial Hard wrote: »

Not always possible though, unfortunately.

It just baffles me how anyone can use a public toilet and not wash their hands.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Why is Mary, Queen of Scots being shown in super high def? Surely you're better off having a film with special effects in there, rather than some drama that won't benefit from the technology at all? I'd love to know the numbers; do more people actually pay the extra to see the film in super high def? Do they have to because all the late showings are only at the higher price?

I have to say that 'impromptu' musical performances bother me. I just want to chill on a plane :(

https://www.rte.ie/gaeilge/2019/0123/1024949-seisiun-beo-san-aer/

• Registered Users Posts: 7,934 ✭✭✭Renegade Mechanic

RMAOK wrote: »
    People leaving on their full headlights when you meet them while driving. It'd blind you looking at them full lights :mad::mad:

I'd a set of for Rally Giants on a yoke a few years back and there would be so much light coming across the bend in front of them that most of the time they'd dip, thinking you were in a huge yoke :D
    Most of the time. But it's gone to the absolute dogs altogether now. And worse still are the failed abortion wastes of ****ing resources that go full beam just before ye pass ohhhhh the things I wish upon those people....

I'm seriously considering putting up a high powered halogen, no, no actuall an LED floodlight,as the light will be instant, aiming it off the side of the van and rigging it to some light detecting contraption that detects the transition from dip to head quicker than I can react myself so they get the retina roasting they truly deserve.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭heretothere

It just baffles me how anyone can use a public toilet and not wash their hands.

Same, even the odd time when you've to pop into the bathroom to re-adjust your clothes or something other than using the loo I always wash my hands. 1 because it still is a dirty place and 2 I'd be morto if someone thought I had been to the loo without washing my hands.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭lbc2019

Loud Spanish Chung wans

• Registered Users Posts: 11,036 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Two pups of secondary school lads messing in the car-park of Lidl during lunch. One of them knocked a packet of chipsticks out of the other's hand and starting stomping on them for the ****s and giggles. The other started horseplaying with him up against a car in retaliation. Both loudly and in the path of oncoming traffic and passing pedestrians.

Neither of them had the manners to pick up the mess they left behind them though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭davidk1394

Dipped my digestive biscuit into my tea and it broke in half and fell back into the mug

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Count Down

Joe Duffy on Liveline when he can't get placenames correct, even in his native Dublin, e.g. when he says Beaumount instead of Beaumont, Chapelizard instead of Chaplelizod, Gormanstown instead of Gormanston etc. :mad:
    And he gets paid! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Count Down wrote: »
    Joe Duffy on Liveline when he can't get placenames correct, even in his native Dublin, e.g. when he says Beaumount instead of Beaumont, Chapelizard instead of Chaplelizod, Gormanstown instead of Gormanston etc. :mad:

Loads more:
    Bloob-Belle (Bluebell)
    Fizz Bro (Phibsborough)
    Ren-illa (Ranelagh)

International:
    Lizz Bonn (Lisbon)
    Pay Roo (Peru)
    Doo Boy (Dubai)
    Stock Hullum (Stockholm)
    Abby Dabbi (abu Dhabi)

Loads more I'm probably forgetting.

Some of them I believe he does deliberately as part of his "working class man" act (and it is an act). Some are just because he's not the brightest.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

I have to say that 'impromptu' musical performances bother me. I just want to chill on a plane :(

https://www.rte.ie/gaeilge/2019/0123/1024949-seisiun-beo-san-aer/

Should be ok to go John Belushi on them

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Living Off The Splash

When some of the chips from my McDonald's packet falls out on to the tray, on the bit between the paper cover and the edge of the tray. Like yellow snow really.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Tomato soup on my new jumper, FML.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Prominent_Dawg

People that walk slow in the rain

• Advertisement

I have to say that 'impromptu' musical performances bother me. I just want to chill on a plane

That is literally the stuff of nightmares for me, I fcuking hate trad music.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Count Down

Loads more:
    Bloob-Belle (Bluebell)
    Fizz Bro (Phibsborough)
    Ren-illa (Ranelagh)

International:
    Lizz Bonn (Lisbon)
    Pay Roo (Peru)
    Doo Boy (Dubai)
    Stock Hullum (Stockholm)
    Abby Dabbi (abu Dhabi)

Loads more I'm probably forgetting.

Some of them I believe he does deliberately as part of his "working class man" act (and it is an act). Some are just because he's not the brightest.

He used to introduce Liveline with "Hello and welcome to Loivloine" (Dublin accent) but nowadays he says "Lahveline" with a slightly posh accent as if he was ordered to tone down his natural accent by some RTE bigwig.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭von Smallhausen

Two pups of secondary school lads messing in the car-park of Lidl during lunch. One of them knocked a packet of chipsticks out of the other's hand and starting stomping on them for the ****s and giggles. The other started horseplaying with him up against a car in retaliation. Both loudly and in the path of oncoming traffic and passing pedestrians.

Neither of them had the manners to pick up the mess they left behind them though.
    There is one secondary school here that is a complete nightmare for the local Tescos. Running around in packs like wild animals, shoving one another into shelves, staff and other customers. Even ganging up at self scan in groups. I'm a small man (5' 5'') and I await for the day they bump into me...the belt of a shelving bracket wouldn't do them justice...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,806 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

The amount of stuff that seems to accumulate in the car boot i.e. multiple assorted plastic shopping bags, 3 or 4 beanie hats, receipts that probably fell out of the bags, a fleece, general bits of fluff etc. scattered around. (And I'll go to a shop and forget a bag!)

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 2,493 ✭✭✭ArnoldJRimmer

Its not the walking slowly that annoys me, its the refusal to get the f*** out of the way, and blocking the entire footpath. I nearly swung someone around leaving work yesterday as they kept stepping in front of me no matter what side I tried to pass them on

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Its not the walking slowly that annoys me, its the refusal to get the f*** out of the way, and blocking the entire footpath. I nearly swung someone around leaving work yesterday as they kept stepping in front of me no matter what side I tried to pass them on

I tend to get path-rage with these kind of people.
    Also the groups that refuse to move when you're coming towards them, expecting you to walk out onto the road to get around them. Bowling time.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,564 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Tazzimus wrote: »
    I tend to get path-rage with these kind of people.
    Also the groups that refuse to move when you're coming towards them, expecting you to walk out onto the road to get around them. Bowling time.

Myself and my husband passed a group of 4 women last week on the footpath. It was a pretty wide footpath but they didn't move in to let us past. Husband tried to let go of my hand to step out of the way but I dragged him into the rude bints so they were forced to squeeze together. I couldn't believe the rudeness! Even at that they still wouldn't go 2 abreast! They just all bunched up together. Do these people not have basic social skills?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,079 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Count Down wrote: »

Probably says Blancherstown, Leeslip, Lisburn, instead of Blanchardstown,Leixlip, and Lisbon.

Probably calls Frank Lampard ‘Frank Lambert’

Fcuking Dooobs..... wear me out.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,296 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

My foot is so itchy.
    Would love to whip the sock off and give it a good scratch but probably not the most hygienic thing to do in an office.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Starting class at this time.

Also, coming all the way from Tipp for a one hour class. I spend probably more time in the car than I do in class on days like these

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement