Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Conor McGregor thread (part 6) *Read Mod Note in Post 1* Revised 13-01-19

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Effects

Guilty without trial?
    Few allegations are enough now to throw people in jail nowadays.
    Madness.

There's more to it than just allegations. That's just all that's come out at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

Effects wrote: »
    There's more to it than just allegations. That's just all that's come out at the moment.

No all it is is allegations at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

Wrong. He has been tried and found guilty all across Whatsapp, Twitter, Facebook, Reddit etc..

As said above, that's just all that's come out at the moment.

His behaviour is still appalling even if the allegations prove to be untrue.

That's just all that's come out at the moment.

What?

Nothing has come out.

There is allegations that’s all.

Nothing more nothing less.

Yiou think you’re genius because you read some whats app ramblings of some teenage young one.

Don’t be so naive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭hewhoscares

is the reddit thread on reddit/ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

Wrong. He has been tried and found guilty all across Whatsapp, Twitter, Facebook, Reddit etc..

And boards.ie....

is the reddit thread on reddit/ireland

Yes.

There is nothing in it that hasn’t been discussed already.

Allegations and that’s all.

No credible sources or shocking truths.

Yiou think you’re genius because you read some whats app ramblings of some teenage young one.

Nah, haven't read any whatsapp messages. I don't trust them whatsoever.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭hewhoscares

Yes.

There is nothing in it that hasn’t been discussed already.

Allegations and that’s all.

No credible sources or shocking truths.

Just seen the megathread on r/mma

Treading carefully with the thread rules. But an awful lot of conjecture and whatsapp screenshots. Shaky videos of someone leaving a flat.

There's no smoke without fire but it's all to murky to pass any serious judgement.

The mayweather fight and that $$ could the worst thing that ever happened to him. He needs to be active and have back to back camps.

The Eddie fight was from pretty much gym time and head down from the Nate loss. Doesn't seem the Khabib L has had the same affect to knuckle down. a big shame

• Advertisement

The mayweather fight and that $$ could the worst thing that ever happened to him. He needs to be active and have back to back camps.

It's just compounded who he is. His drive isn't what it was and I doubt he'll get that back.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭sc86

is it any wonder he was so bad in his last fight with his current social life
    real shame but mayby something will happen and he will turn a corner

Zero chance of him turning a corner. Most people said this was going to happen to him and it did.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,305 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Some of the comments under the facebook articles are hilarious.

Zero chance of him turning a corner. Most people said this was going to happen to him and it did.

I didn't think that it would actually get this bad.

the guy has completely lost the plot.

it was obviously always in him - the money just made it worse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

Most people said what was going to happen?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭simongurnick

So, on the point of actual fighting...anyone think Cowboy will be up next? McGregor was quick to bring it up online and Dana sure as hell wasn't shutting it down. Cowboy has a huge fan base and is a great character so the build up would be great. Also, it would be a good bash and could be a decent bout for Conor ahead of Khabib again. Wouldn't mind seeing it myself, with Khabib fighting Tony around the same time...winners could face off with maybe Max in line after.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭magic_murph

So, on the point of actual fighting...anyone think Cowboy will be up next? McGregor was quick to bring it up online and Dana sure as hell wasn't shutting it down. Cowboy has a huge fan base and is a great character so the build up would be great. Also, it would be a good bash and could be a decent bout for Conor ahead of Khabib again. Wouldn't mind seeing it myself, with Khabib fighting Tony around the same time...winners could face off with maybe Max in line after.

Its a good fight to make. Cowboy on a bit of a roll, has always been a fan fav so it kinda makes sense (Just about)
    It will be a tough fight for Conor. I would expect a fully fit and fully focused Conor should take it but cowboy is dangerous. All it takes is on decent head kick to get through and its game over.

I can't see cowboy really reacting to the trash talk in the build up but would still be interesting.

So, on the point of actual fighting...anyone think Cowboy will be up next?

Yeah, I'd say Conor would welcome that fight. Can't see Cowboy waiting around for it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭simongurnick

Its a good fight to make. Cowboy on a bit of a roll, has always been a fan fav so it kinda makes sense (Just about)
    It will be a tough fight for Conor. I would expect a fully fit and fully focused Conor should take it but cowboy is dangerous. All it takes is on decent head kick to get through and its game over.

I can't see cowboy really reacting to the trash talk in the build up but would still be interesting.

yeah, don't think Cerrone would get sucked into the trash talk. McGregor might freak him out more if we was actually chilled and respectful...but that won't happen!

Could be a dangerous match up. But I've seen Cowboy look invincible but also seen him get sparked easily too, so you wonder which version shows up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

*checks thread*

*leaves*

• Registered Users Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭Scotty #

Treading carefully with the thread rules. But an awful lot of conjecture and whatsapp screenshots. Shaky videos of someone leaving a flat.

There's no smoke without fire but it's all to murky to pass any serious judgement.
    Apparently the papers are going public tomorrow regarding recent rumours. Very serious stuff!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 746 ✭✭✭GinAndBitter

Scotty # wrote: »
    Apparently the papers are going public tomorrow regarding recent rumours. Very serious stuff!

That was supposed to be this morning. And nothing was printed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

Scotty # wrote: »
    No they are not.

https://www.broadsheet.ie/2019/01/21/de-tuesday-papers-301/
    http://suttonnick.tumblr.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭brendanwalsh

Even if mcgregor was listed for a fight, he could face major difficulties getting a US if any charges are pressed against him based on the rumours.

Unfortunately I think this is the end of mcgregor in combat sports.

John kavanagh subtlety distancing himself from connor now all makes sense. John is a quiet and simple man who reads these forums and I imagine he is appalled by the actions of mcgregor. Out of courtesy connor wasn't removed from sbg family but is allowed to train at sbg Naas for all he did for the sbg brand.

John kavanagh subtlety distancing himself from connor now all makes sense. Out of courtesy connor wasn't removed from sbg family but is allowed to train at sbg Naas for all he did for the sbg brand.

How hard is it to get his name right?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

OK, had to delete a load of posts.

Don't appreciate you lot making work for the mods.

^^ and that's what kicked it off.

If there is something reported in mainstream media you can post a lint to it and summarise what it said, other than that no speculation or discussion about what's on unregulated media.

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Mean Laqueefa

Steve wrote: »
    OK, had to delete a load of posts.

Don't appreciate you lot making work for the mods.

^^ and that's what kicked it off.

If there is something reported in mainstream media you can post a lint to it and summarise what it said, other than that no speculation or discussion about what's on unregulated media.

The dryer daily reports seeing the alleged suspect pictured below leaving a high end hotpoint on the night in question.

mylittlepony_splash_2048x1536_en.jpg?itok=3OHokeYb

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

The dryer daily reports seeing the alleged suspect pictured below leaving a high end hotpoint on the night in question.

mylittlepony_splash_2048x1536_en.jpg?itok=3OHokeYb

Don't be 'that guy'...

And what's with the MLP fetish?

If you think I'm kidding about the moderation, you are welcome to test me on that :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Mean Laqueefa

Steve wrote: »
    Don't be 'that guy'...

And what's with the MLP fetish?

If you think I'm kidding about the moderation, you are welcome to test me on that :)

jayus it was only a joke to take away from the usual nonsense in the thread from many but not all.

I take your mod point and wont post anything off topic.

And if i did post a My little pony picture, who the **** are you to judge me on it and call it a fetish, people may not take me serious based on your comment and think im some deviant without any evidence

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement